Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Aug 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1063189)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lime Rock Park: Rolex Vintage Festival

Is anyone going this year?

I haven't been to lime Rock for more than 20 years, this should be a treat for me. I'll be there on Monday (Labor Day) with Mrs. EERO and Little EERO.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1080531)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just moving this up the list in case anyone else is going. 1 week to go!
Old 1 Sep 2004, 10:00 (Ref:1083611)   #3
bevilan
Rookie

bevilan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope to be up there for Saturday and Monday. This is always a nice event. Drivers are very talkative, you can get up close to the cars.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 11:13 (Ref:1083672)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
I'll be wearing my 10 Tenth's cap.

I always loved Lime Rock, having seen a bunch of Trans Am and IMSA races in the '70's. I also saw a VSCCA race in '73 or 74. I can't wait to get back into the Paddock and get some photos from the Big Bend.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1084150)   #5
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, ok-I didn't realize there was a thread for this!
Anyway-I'll be up there all weekend. Thursday night included. The cool thing is that this year I won an AutoWeek contest in which I got two free Saturday tickets and a VIP pass to the AutoWeek (a.k.a. Outfield) Chalet for free food & drink from 10-4.
Where do you propose we meet up? I'm almost always camped near the chicane.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1084197)   #6
bevilan
Rookie

I always wanted to see the inside of the chalet! Hows about meeting at noon on Monday by the chicane. I will have my grubby MG hat on and be carrying a few cameras (yah - that describes a few hundred people at Lime Rock).
Old 2 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1084582)   #7
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK-sounds good to me! I don't know what I'll be wearing but I'll look out for you.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 2 Sep 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1084630)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
I'll try to make it over to the chicane by noon. (After all its gotta be a few hundred yards from the Hillside )

I'll be in a blue Ten Tenths cap, Mrs EERO will probably be wearing a West McLaren cap with a Finnish flag pin on it and Little EERO will be in his ubiquitous Yankees cap.

I suspect we'll spend most of our time on the hillside overlooking the big bend or down in the paddock inside the first turn.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 10:55 (Ref:1084634)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
BTW, bevilan is the logo on the MG cap red or black?
Old 2 Sep 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1084755)   #10
bevilan
Rookie

Dark blue logo with safty fast underneath.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1084928)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Well then I should have no trouble picking you out of the crowd!

Racer guy, i won;t be there till Monday, will you still be around the Chicane?
Old 19 Aug 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1386692)   #12
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Ah boy, it's that time of year again.
I will have a very simila situation to last year's-free weekenmd tickets courtesy of an SCCA member and friend of ours and a pair of Saturday tickets and AutoWeek outfield chalet access from an offer made via a full-page ad in this week's issue.
I'd let someone else in but have already had the two badges made for myself and my father-sorry guys.

So, Eric, Neal, anyone else-you going?
Old 20 Aug 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1387176)   #13
bevilan
Rookie

I will be at Lime Rock on Saturday. Unsure about Monday, will know for sure soon and will post.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 02:12 (Ref:1387939)   #14
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
What a surprise-you show up for the first time since November and find this thread!
Sounds good, as I mentioned I'll be around all weekend (camping) and so should be able to find you-and hopefully if another shows up we'll all be in the same spot

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 22 Aug 2005 at 02:13. Reason: damn keyboard..... typos