Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Mar 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2848566)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q1

Dumbrell to Pole!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Mar 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2848576)   #52
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live stream
http://bigpondvideo.com/v8tv
Old 19 Mar 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2848589)   #53
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Big jump for Courtney up to 6th.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2848614)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tander wins Shootout

... while Mr Dumbrell falls off the road at the final turn..
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2848618)   #55
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Tander wins Shootout

... while Mr Dumbrell falls off the road at the final turn..
The crowds reaction was priceless though

Seemed like most of them had issues with rear grip? or at least the first half, looked fairly exciting for Courtney so lets hope they chuck Tander's setup in his car before the race...
Old 19 Mar 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2848659)   #56
Wazzi
Rookie

Australia
Bilpin NSW
Wazzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well another great race ruined by the stupid timed finish. the broadcast runs to 5.30 here in Sydney so why stop it at 5.17. I would much rather see the last 2 laps than heaps of adds and talking. Not Happy. No wonder I am losing interest
Old 19 Mar 2011, 06:27 (Ref:2848662)   #57
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzi View Post
Well another great race ruined by the stupid timed finish. the broadcast runs to 5.30 here in Sydney so why stop it at 5.17. I would much rather see the last 2 laps than heaps of adds and talking.
Yep, shoulda let it go the last two, I have a feeling it woulda been a great finish.

Congrats to GT though.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2848665)   #58
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great result for GT and really enjoyed watching CL go hard in those final laps but another one of these stupidly tight timed finishes.

They've been getting FAR too cute with these for a couple of years now and it is a bloody joke - if it had been wet today we probably would have only had a 60 lap race.

Let's make it easy for you guys, cut out all that Tom Williams **** and start the race in a timeframe that allows for enough stoppages - the very fact that so many races are finishing as time certain without having major issues through the race is an indication that someone is getting their calculations very wrong.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2848666)   #59
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
.......or he could be just simply be happy looking at Garth Tander's miserable results at this point in time.
Mmm, instead of playing the man (prematurely), some people should be very disappointed at their manufacturer being dominated today.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2848668)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R3

Tander

PMM have a LOT of work to do tonite... I wonder if #49 will be pushed into the corner as 'too hard'

Story Here
Old 19 Mar 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2848681)   #61
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dear DJR
Please put David Besnard in the #18 car beginning tomorrow morning.
That is all....
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2848697)   #62
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Great result for GT and really enjoyed watching CL go hard in those final laps but another one of these stupidly tight timed finishes.

They've been getting FAR too cute with these for a couple of years now and it is a bloody joke - if it had been wet today we probably would have only had a 60 lap race.

Let's make it easy for you guys, cut out all that Tom Williams **** and start the race in a timeframe that allows for enough stoppages - the very fact that so many races are finishing as time certain without having major issues through the race is an indication that someone is getting their calculations very wrong.
I rang my wife during the 1st lap of the touring car masters to hit record & just watching the reply the recording started during the top ten shootout & we're in Adelaide.

At least half an hour behind at that time.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2848698)   #63
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another good race spolit by a Safety Car F/up more like it. How long does it take to put a car on a truck for god's sake. Then the SC does another lap because they can't contact it by radio?? All very conveniently lucky for those suspect on fuel.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2848703)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
R3

Tander

PMM have a LOT of work to do tonite... I wonder if #49 will be pushed into the corner as 'too hard'

Story Here
In the corner, maybe in the Simsmetal bin

I actually thought the rear passenger side driver had deflated with the angle of the hit.. sure Mr Owen clipped the inside kerb, but the slide looked wonky...
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2848704)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Dear DJR
Please put David Besnard in the #18 car beginning tomorrow morning.
That is all....
It wasnt Mr Moffat's finest hour...
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2848705)   #66
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Mmm, instead of playing the man (prematurely), some people should be very disappointed at their manufacturer being dominated today.
No, I knew if I waited I wouldn't get to play the man at all.........where is he standing in the championship at present?
Old 19 Mar 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2848713)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Mimaki looks good on the windscreen, like it belongs there.. as opposed to...

Old 19 Mar 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2848727)   #68
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolcor View Post
Another good race spolit by a Safety Car F/up more like it. How long does it take to put a car on a truck for god's sake. Then the SC does another lap because they can't contact it by radio?? All very conveniently lucky for those suspect on fuel.

All you guys thinking it was done deliberately surely are on some good stuff.
If they really wanted to fix a result they wouldnt do it so JW and GT finish 1-2.
They would rather someone further down.

I find it amazing all these "conspiracies" Really why I only read forums most times for the entertainment factor.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2848765)   #69
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Are those base model headlights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolcor View Post
Moffat's car was in a REALLY awkward position to hook it onto the truck. We do recovery at our local track and the position of the car GREATLY affects how long it takes to get onto the hook.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2848774)   #70
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My daughter was working for "Fuchs" this is not her but does anyone have photos of "Fuchs" girls from today...thanks
Old 19 Mar 2011, 12:50 (Ref:2848787)   #71
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Moffat's car was in a REALLY awkward position to hook it onto the truck. We do recovery at our local track and the position of the car GREATLY affects how long it takes to get onto the hook.
CHANGE the position of the car?

Anything with 4 wheels (and some things with less wheels) roll with ease. I've even seen a car with NO wheels put on a tilt tray in less than a few minutes
Old 19 Mar 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2849480)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
CHANGE the position of the car?

Anything with 4 wheels (and some things with less wheels) roll with ease. I've even seen a car with NO wheels put on a tilt tray in less than a few minutes
8 laps of safety car speed = ~20+ minutes to deploy the truck, to get the car up on the tray, and clean up the mess... seems very long to me... even though the car caught fire, the #7 coverage didnt show too much extinguisher/investigation work for the oil leak
Old 19 Mar 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2849585)   #73
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
No, I knew if I waited I wouldn't get to play the man at all.........where is he standing in the championship at present?
Eighth.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 00:37 (Ref:2849728)   #74
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WD on pole for race 2 and GT out of the top ten
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 20 Mar 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2849782)   #75
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
been trying to rain for the last couple of hours here so could be a interesting race