Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jul 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1026490)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The New Williams Line up.

JPM complained about kneck pains during the French race, caused by his off on Saturday. I hope its nothing serious but with only a week to the next event is he going to be fit enough? If not then Pizzonia looks like returning to the grid.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1026491)   #2
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: The New Williams Line up.

Bad news. Always bad news. When is good news come to Williams?
Old 5 Jul 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1026592)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams continues it's reputation of being hard on drivers.

Cant wait to see Montoya in a Mclaren.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1026660)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really dont think they will put Pizzonia in the car. Because that means that they are committed to use Either Gene or Pizzonia until Ralf is better. And i dont think either driver has the skill. Look at the French GP. Webber beat Gene home, and webber was in the crappy jag. I think williams would be better with JV or Giancarlo, or Webber in the seat then Jungle boy who got his ass already kicked by webber once.. or gene who lacks any fire in his belly.

Webber needs to get his backside into that williams
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1026663)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Team say Montoya is fit after a check-up in London and he will race.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1026669)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really think just transfering both Jag drivers across would be good. For Webber it would be a similar Schumacher/Rubens sort of arrangement, but I think Klien is pretty good, and the year with Jaguar will have done him good, so then he can be a good side-kick, and some good continuity for both drivers. Klien would be more careful if he had any one of Patrick, Frank or Sam to deal with...
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1026732)   #7
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
I really think just transfering both Jag drivers across would be good. For Webber it would be a similar Schumacher/Rubens sort of arrangement, but I think Klien is pretty good, and the year with Jaguar will have done him good, so then he can be a good side-kick, and some good continuity for both drivers. Klien would be more careful if he had any one of Patrick, Frank or Sam to deal with...
That's actually not a bad idea. Klien looks like a racer and has been the least embarrassed so far of Webber's teammates. He is very young so being the sidekick to Webber is OK, he can keep learning, keep developing and be a long term investment.

Hang on, this is Williams - there is no long term driver!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1026775)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
Hang on, this is Williams - there is no long term driver!
That's not entirely accurate. This is Ralf's 6th season and Montoya's 4th - the former arguably outstayed his welcome and the latter chose to leave. Mansell chose to leave after 4 years but returned twice, Damon had 4 years, as did Keke, and Patrese had 5. Other than McLaren and the current Ferrari reign (but why sack Michael?), no one else has come close to this.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1026806)   #9
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My votes for Williams 2005 car go to Webber and Gene. Webber's name is virtually on the car already and Gene is already under contract and is relatively cheap.

Sir Frank is famous for his short arms and deep pockets when it comes to driver wages
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:46 (Ref:1026923)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gene may be cheap but I doubt last weekends performance, or lack of it, has endeared him to the Williams 2005 wish list.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1026928)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get Mr. Webber in that car pronto.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1027241)   #12
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here we go again, u talk as if webber is an f1 world champ..he is nothing yet! let wait and till he achieves some poles, race wins fastest lasp till we srat singing his praises! we all know he get btter equipment than his team mates..so that make him look better than he is...
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1027258)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm afraid that won't happen in a Jag fondmetal.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1027283)   #14
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the jury is still out on Webber. He does seem capable of putting a good hotlap together in the R5, but on raceday he never shines as much. Besides, he has never had a teammate of some importance.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1027329)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you see JV in the seat later this season. He will probably test the car for session or two and jump onto the grid. At least the season will be salvaged. What do you think?
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1027343)   #16
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope so F1Pete, fingers crossed eh.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1027366)   #17
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I think Webber is good, but really an unproven quantity over a race distance.
The trouble with Mark's position now is that he is one of the brightest of the 'new crop' outside a major team and as such has had alot of buildup. if he goes to a top team like Williams and has a poor year He'll be another'Zanardi' and it won't do his reputation any good at all.
While I think he is good, maybe very good, the jury is still out on whether or not he is as good as Button, DC, Reubens, Montoya, et al.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 00:08 (Ref:1027497)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rumours on Pitpass, a usually reliable site, suggest that EJ is trying to shop hiedfeld to Sir Frank. The cost would be less to take Nick from Jordan than to grab Webber from Jag-and Eddie sure could use the bucks. If JPM is really is injured and cannot race at Silverstone, then Willys is in trouble because of the rule limiting their line up to four drivers. Either they deal fast for Nick or are forced to run Pizzonia and Gene in Britain. Yikes.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 00:10 (Ref:1027499)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
EERO, according to kicking-back (i think it was) Williams and/or JPM have confirmed that he has seen a doctor and he will be driving at Silverstone.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 00:41 (Ref:1027507)   #20
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Hiedfeld would be good:
Fast (We asume)
Cheap(ish)
German (Keep a smile on BMW's face)

And plus it would finally put rest to thoose big What ifs we've all had...
Old 6 Jul 2004, 01:36 (Ref:1027531)   #21
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webbo and Antonio would make a great pairing in the Williams'

It would also make me very happy to see them there
Old 6 Jul 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1027575)   #22
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Rumours on Pitpass, a usually reliable site, suggest that EJ is trying to shop hiedfeld to Sir Frank. The cost would be less to take Nick from Jordan than to grab Webber from Jag-and Eddie sure could use the bucks. If JPM is really is injured and cannot race at Silverstone, then Willys is in trouble because of the rule limiting their line up to four drivers. Either they deal fast for Nick or are forced to run Pizzonia and Gene in Britain. Yikes.
Two things.There will be no change at Williams this week.(JPM & Gene).There is not enough time to prepare a car for the new driver.
2nd the cost of getting Webber is less than Hiedfeld thanks to the clause in Webbers contract on where the team needed to be after the USGP.Expect an announcement on Webber after the British GP moving to Willie ASAP.

The Grumpy1
Old 6 Jul 2004, 05:13 (Ref:1027615)   #23
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see Patrick Head back in the garage at the French GP, 2 races away leaving SM in charge and 4 non finishes.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 06:19 (Ref:1027635)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Can someone please direct me to a link where Frank or Patrick have said they want Webber?

While I would guess this is likely (and all the news sites seem to think so) I cant recall reading anywhere that Mark is Williams top pick.

Anyway, I want MW in a Williams, but I think a midseason change is death, especially when you are sitting next a driver as good as Montoya.

And *Shock-horror*, I think Jacques is the man for the job. He is desperate, could'nt make things worse, and the contract could be made on their terms (ie, race by race basis). The we can all see if he still has 'it' in a racing situation.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1027642)   #25
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Special Attention to the last 2...

http://www.planetf1.com/drivers/driv...ry_16016.shtml

http://www.f1central.net/news/1088493522.html

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/...py?artid=25823

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...&oneclick=true

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns13136.html