Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2005, 16:34 (Ref:1360226)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Spyker competes in last 2 races of LMES this season

Spyker will compete in the LMES races at Nurburgring and Istanbul. In both races the car will be driven by regular driver Donny Crevels and former DTM and FIA GT driver Jeroen Bleekemolen. Besides racing in LMES they maybe start in some other events.

Source: Official website Jeroen Bleekemolen

It's good to see Spyker gets more serious with their racing project.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 00:13 (Ref:1360509)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I enjoyed them on debut at Sebring. They certainly worked as hard as anyone, and the cars looked and sounded beautiful, and they were only weeks old at the time. The Le Mans performance showed they continued to put a lot of effort into improving the cars. The Spyker adds some needed variety to the GT2 field.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1360571)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
I enjoyed them on debut at Sebring. They certainly worked as hard as anyone, and the cars looked and sounded beautiful, and they were only weeks old at the time. The Le Mans performance showed they continued to put a lot of effort into improving the cars. The Spyker adds some needed variety to the GT2 field.
My sentiments exactly . Seeing Coronel throwing that little car around Tetre Rouge was great . More power to them . Cant wait to see them kick some ass more often !!!
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1360592)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
The Spyker adds some needed variety to the GT2 field.

I agree 100%. I thought the Spyker at LM really looked the part - very nice indeed. Shame it won't be out at Silverstone.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1360594)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame its not going to be at Silverstone, BTW I still think it looks like a TVR Tuscan.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1360611)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll happily throw my weight behind the Spyker appreciation society!

I had no expectations of the car whatsoever at Le Mans. And I'm pretty sure I was quite scathing about the prospect of the second Spyker on the reserve list getting a place.

But the car was fantastic and fully justified it's place at Le Mans. It's good to see they have found the budget to go racing again. Let's hope there's further development and a full season in 2006.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1360886)   #7
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excellent news! I'll be in Nuerburgring with the family to support them
Old 22 Jul 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1360912)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see empahasis the ACO put on LMES entry to earn your Le Mans spot is encouraging so many teams to up their game and enter a full season of racing,

Sportscar racing could never increase its popularity with the Le Mans race alone, a strong series is also required.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1364097)   #9
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two Spykers for both events! Coronel/Merksteijn and Bleekemolen/Crevels.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1364158)   #10
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the worst drivers either then Hope they'll be able to do some competitive times in GT2.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1364184)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Don't know much about van Merksteijn - can someone enlighten me/us?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1364207)   #12
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Spyker entering! I wonder if entering 2 cars may be a bit too much to start with. Combining Bleekemolen and Coronel would be great. Crevels will do well. Van Merksteijn though….?