Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2404617)   #1
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
European Late Model Series

Today, on page 87 of Autosport, you will find a snippet about a new Late Model Championship that is starting. I have been itching to get on to you about this but we had radio silence until today.

It is silly that there are so many Late Model type Stockcars in Europe that are not on tracks and utter stupidity if we do not try to do something about it. CAMSO V8 was a reasonably successful formula in its own right, but it lacks profile and its momentum has stalled with the idea “We have a track, we have drivers we don’t need to do anything else!” The story of ASCAR is long and complicated and been covered many a time on this forum and I don’t wish to go over it again here.

The technical bits will be ironed out over the next month or so. Tony Roots will be working with Colin White to make sure that the ASCARs are every bit as fast as the CAMSO V8s on the short tracks and that everyone has an even playing field when we get to the first round. For those disappointed at not seeing a Rockingham, Duane is working on it, but, to be honest Rockingham cannot be the main stay of this new series. Not yet anyway. If the series is successful we will get a new oval. There are people that have invested in the V8s who will make one, if this is successful.

The media bits are being taken care of by two of our fellow ten tenthers, SS Collins and CAMSOgirl! For those that don’t know them, SS is the editor of an engineering magzine and CAMSOgirl works for a P.R and media company, looking after such things as the WTCC. Both of them are doing this for the shear love of Stockcars and I cannot thank them enough. I will leave it to them to identify themselves if they so wish.

Another person I won’t identify is the person who has invested the money to make all this possible. We hope to recoup the money through sponsorship but we are in no way reliant on that, thanks to one person who had the unfortunate affliction of having an arm longer than his pocket was deep when I sent him the email that put all this together. I will show you how prize moneys will be allocated in another post along with incentives for people to join this new series. As with CAMSO V8, there will be no entry fees.

All that remains is for anyone left out there, who has an a ASCAR or a Late Model of some kind, to get in touch so we can get you some track time and see what we can do to help you race. A test session has been arranged for March with Rookie training available the day before, for the complete novice. CWS, Revolution Racing and Roots V8 Racing, all have hire cars available or can sell you a used or new race car

Last edited by kelvin88; 26 Feb 2009 at 13:53.