Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jan 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3700008)   #126
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Firstly apologies to all for not attending, I had planned to but unfortunately I have not been well at all, I have a thing called BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is crystals in the inner ear which suddenly make me feel like I have had 16 glasses of champers and a swing round a lamp post or giddy as @@@@@ I have been suffering since Nov, and I am told it can come and go... the good news is that it appears to now be getting better ....fingers crossed

I had planned hopefully to make it there, but on the morning I was bad, I text David Smith and Max but both were not there and I do not have Mike's number only Grahams home one.... and he had already left when I decided not to go.

It used to be great the ACE and in truth was very well attended, I can remember 20 to 30 odd being there and a steady throughput of faces as people came and went throughout the lunchtime and it was exactly what Mike said, because there was no racing and not a lot of working... it was easy to go to. I guess it may be that we have moved on.. I know i would have been there if I was not ill.

Other venues ... well Autosport is difficult because some go on Friday, some on Sat etc... Race Retro similar .. Le Mans always get the ten tenths meet up and Aysi always reports a good turn out

I'd love us to all meet up.... used to love the Ace and thats why I asked this year

Ta
Claire
Old 4 Jan 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3700065)   #127
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Firstly apologies to all for not attending, I had planned to but unfortunately I have not been well at all, I have a thing called BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) which is crystals in the inner ear which suddenly make me feel like I have had 16 glasses of champers and a swing round a lamp post or giddy as @@@@@ I have been suffering since Nov, and I am told it can come and go... the good news is that it appears to now be getting better ....fingers crossed

I had planned hopefully to make it there, but on the morning I was bad, I text David Smith and Max but both were not there and I do not have Mike's number only Grahams home one.... and he had already left when I decided not to go.

It used to be great the ACE and in truth was very well attended, I can remember 20 to 30 odd being there and a steady throughput of faces as people came and went throughout the lunchtime and it was exactly what Mike said, because there was no racing and not a lot of working... it was easy to go to. I guess it may be that we have moved on.. I know i would have been there if I was not ill.

Other venues ... well Autosport is difficult because some go on Friday, some on Sat etc... Race Retro similar .. Le Mans always get the ten tenths meet up and Aysi always reports a good turn out

I'd love us to all meet up.... used to love the Ace and thats why I asked this year

Ta
Claire
You have all my sympathy, Claire, as my oldest friend went down with the very same thing in October. I'd never heard of it before but having had a very graphic description of all that it entails when I visited him before Christmas I have a pretty good idea of what you are going through. Not at all pleasant.

Get well soon.
Old 4 Jan 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3700071)   #128
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sorry to hear that Claire but hope and sounds as though it has turned the corner
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 4 Jan 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3700072)   #129
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, hope you're on the mend, Claire. Sounds like all bad bits of alcohol consumption without the enjoyment while consuming.....
Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3700185)   #130
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post

Ta
Claire
My thoughts are with you Claire, my wife suffers from time to time to the point she sometimes can't get out of bed for days on end, Stemetil is your friend. I had something like it (nowhere near as bad) last year when I bashed my head and it's not a pleasant experience.