Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Apr 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3055835)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Every Gt car will have a rain cloud over it , bar Corvette and BMW !!!
Old 9 Apr 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3055875)   #77
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Every Gt car will have a rain cloud over it , bar Corvette and BMW !!!
And Aston. And Porsche
Old 9 Apr 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3055897)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Will these mods be carried to Le Mans , or just the ALMS ?
I think those are IMSA only adjustments, so they would have no effect at Le Mans
Old 10 Apr 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3056139)   #79
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any ideas on what the #20 livery will look like?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3056157)   #80
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Any ideas on what the #20 livery will look like?
Photos on Motorsport.com of what the car looked like testing at Sebring. Same livery as the 16 car, very attractive. Refreshes the old Lola which began looking stale with the strange green-blue mix.

Chris
Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3056482)   #81
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read through LB supplementary regs and noticed that the race length is 2 hours just like last year, despite ALMS website saying 1h40min earlier... oh well I guess we can't complain, looks like we have a new standard time for street circuits

7:15AM practice start on Friday is always fun for teams though... especially as quali is 10 hours later. They should give the honour of being the first track dust cleaner to Indylights or World Challenge
Old 10 Apr 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3056522)   #82
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
7:15AM practice start on Friday is always fun for teams though... especially as quali is 10 hours later. They should give the honour of being the first track dust cleaner to Indylights or World Challenge
I think Dyson, Level 5, Corvette Racing, and Flying Lizards pushed for some Le Mans prep
Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3057068)   #83
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how come the 2nd dyson car is a b11 and not a b12?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...d-to-p1-debut/
Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3057072)   #84
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
how come the 2nd dyson car is a b11 and not a b12?

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...d-to-p1-debut/
That is what the ride buyers paid for.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3057304)   #85
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Long Beach Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths is now online, complete with the 2nd Lola. You can tell the difference by the old nose and sidepods and yellow flashes

www.spotterguides.com
Old 12 Apr 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3057578)   #86
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Here are the links for anyone looking.

Timing and Scoring.

Schedule and Supplemental Regulations

Entry List

Spotter's Guide

Scanner information including frequencies

Performance adjustments for Long Beach and on

Weather Forecast

Broadcast

Television Broadcast:
4/14/2012 at 7:30 pm EST on ESPN 2
4/14/2012 at 7:30pm-10:00pm Sportsnet ONE American Le Mans Series Long Beach GP for
Live Streaming:
4/14/2012 at 7:15 pm EST on ESPN 3 No mention of on their website... I'd assume it is, but they just don't say it
Live Qualifying:
4/13/2012 at 8:00 pm EST on ESPN 3
Old 13 Apr 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3058123)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Fogelhund! Long Beach always provides close racing, I am looking forward to it.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3058145)   #88
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday weather now being predicted as chance of severe thunderstorms with possibility of heavy rain, hail, and maybe even small tornadoes and waterspouts. USWS has weather warnings posted from 8am until 5pm PDT.
Yesterday they were saying this storm would be smaller than the one we had Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, which was a pretty heavy one... not any longer.
Let's see what they say in the morning, it will probably change again.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 03:19 (Ref:3058159)   #89
coLLab
Rookie

coLLab should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live 250 miles away from Long Beach & i was going to make the trip down there to check out the practice and qualifying session on Friday but with this threat of heavy rain i don't think i'm gunna go. So disappointed now, cause i never been to professional racing event before...
Oh well i'm gunna try to go to the race at Laguna Seca
Old 13 Apr 2012, 04:05 (Ref:3058164)   #90
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coLLab View Post
I live 250 miles away from Long Beach & i was going to make the trip down there to check out the practice and qualifying session on Friday but with this threat of heavy rain i don't think i'm gunna go. So disappointed now, cause i never been to professional racing event before...
Oh well i'm gunna try to go to the race at Laguna Seca
Go to the Laguna Seca race if you can. Make sure you don't need a separate pit pass to get into the paddock there, the pass is very much worth it, getting up close to the cars.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3058186)   #91
Deleted
Veteran

Saturday still expected to be dry though, yes?

Had it rained last year when we only had two protototypes in the race, I think we could've seen some surprises by the LMPCs...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3058195)   #92
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingaround View Post
Go to the Laguna Seca race if you can. Make sure you don't need a separate pit pass to get into the paddock there, the pass is very much worth it, getting up close to the cars.
At Laguna your ticket gets you into the paddock, and all points of the track a path goes to.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 06:24 (Ref:3058196)   #93
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Saturday still expected to be dry though, yes?

Had it rained last year when we only had two protototypes in the race, I think we could've seen some surprises by the LMPCs...
At his point, Saturday is being called chance of scattered showers until early afternoon, so hopefully, yes.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3058294)   #94
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just for all us UK viewers, I have just had a look on the Sky+ tv guide and it looks as though there is LIVE coverage on Motors TV this weekend.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3058297)   #95
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R View Post
Just for all us UK viewers, I have just had a look on the Sky+ tv guide and it looks as though there is LIVE coverage on Motors TV this weekend.
Looks like it's a day late to me.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3058419)   #96
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Thursday Night Catching Up freely available on http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...83DD60E76C4D27

The first practice session has just started: http://scoring.alms.com/
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3058428)   #97
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
10-Tenths Chatroom
Join when there is racing

(The link is in the red text and here: http://tiny.cc/tenthschat)
Old 13 Apr 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3058441)   #98
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks a bit wet like: http://twitpic.com/999nqj

Won't be a lot of use this if they get decent weather tomorrow.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3058482)   #99
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Henzler and his Falken tires set the fastest lap in practice. Somebody is going to praying for rain.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3058552)   #100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
For thise interested dont forget to get your picks in for FRC. The competiton is still open to everyone and the Long Beach thread can be found here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...94#post3058494