Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of this year's race from Hockenheim?
Nico Rosberg 1 1.19%
Valtteri Bottas 28 33.33%
Felipe Massa 1 1.19%
Kevin Magnussen 2 2.38%
Daniel Ricciardo 17 20.24%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 3.57%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 1 1.19%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.19%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 29 34.52%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 1 1.19%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Jul 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3435835)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: German Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of this year's race from Hockenheim?
Old 20 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3435839)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas for me!

Alonso once again fantastic, Hamilton and Ricciardo entertaining and Rosberg obviously flawless.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3435858)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas. Absolutely a dominating Finn.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3435868)   #4
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, I voted Maldonado.

I honestly think it's good for him to get a full race, with overtakes, and not have an accident. and with the Lotus suffering in handling after losing FRIC, and it not being a very good car this year anyway, it must have been a great drive for him (even the tv-director missed it)

obviously, there were some even more stellar drives out there, but those will get the votes they deserve too
Old 20 Jul 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3435887)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The obvious choice is Lewis, 20th to 3rd and then there's Bottas but I'm going to give it to Alonso. I should have given him DOTR for the British GP. How gets that pig of a Ferrari to do what it does is truly impressive, particularly in that battle with Ricciardo.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3435908)   #6
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi?
Old 20 Jul 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3435916)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi?
Don't give up now.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3435936)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis gets my vote.. Great job Fernando and Bottas
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3435938)   #9
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bottas impressed me the most.Hamilton's progress through the field was spectacular in his silver dodgem and with an intact front wing assembly he just might have been on a higher step on the podium.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3435948)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In other circumstances it would easily have been Bottas, but 20th to 3rd and almost 2nd has to make it Hamilton's DOTR. Special mentions to Ricciardo and the ever-feisty true racer Alonso and the time to find alternative employment award to Kimi......

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi?
Erm.... No.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3435949)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh, much like Silverstone - there are a lot of drivers to chose for DOTOR again.

Rosberg - I see he has gone unmentioned, but he did get pole and win the race. That being said, he did have it easy today - it was his to lose.

Danny Boy - This guy is amasing! He is whipping his more experienced 4 times WDC teammate's butt in the points standing - and tussling with Hamilton and Alonso in this race. Go Danny.

Alonso - What more can be said about this guy. Clearly, he is still the best all-rounder in F1 today. He can get something extra out of a midfield car - if only Ferrari gave a car worthy of his talents. Another strong performance from him - I very rarely ever see him give a sub par performance - that's why he is so good.

Hamilton - Okay - he was on the backfoot from qualifying - not his fault this time around - but he put in an impressive display here. His three abreast tussle with Danny and Kimi was very brave. A bit messy with his move on Jenson - but I think that was Jenson not seeing him in his mirrors. Possibly could have had a 2nd place - but still a mighty performance from the Hamster today.

Bottas - This guy is ice cool - like a lot of Finnish drivers. Strong qualifying and another podium. He managed to keep Hamster at bay and collect 2nd.

So, after consideration - I am going to give it to Bottas again. Taking the second fastest car to 2nd place and keeping his car on the road with no incidents.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3435953)   #12
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ OVERTOOK ALONSO AND OUTQUALIFIED HAMILTON IN A SAUBER HE MUST BE A GOD

(see my actual thoughts below)
Old 20 Jul 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3435956)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton would've and should've got it but no. He's in the fastest car bar none and walked past most of the cars at the end of a huge straight with DRS and Merc power as well as the best chassis to rely on through the corners. Yes, 20th to 3rd is damn impressive, but with Massa retiring, he should've finished ahead of everyone bar his teammate and Bottas.

I was genuinely tempted by Rosberg, Vettel (what a move sandwiching Kimi!), Alonso and Hulkenberg (very, very solid, kept his nose clean and ran a very strong race) but gave it to Bottas for doing what Rosberg did exactly, just in a worse car (with worse results ). So why did I vote Bottas? Hmm...
Old 20 Jul 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3435971)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bottas for me, very worried at what some people were watching given some of the votes cast
Old 20 Jul 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3435973)   #15
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo, cause he is the fastest F1 driver of all time.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3435982)   #16
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Ahhh, much like Silverstone - there are a lot of drivers to chose for DOTOR again.

Rosberg - I see he has gone unmentioned, but he did get pole and win the race. That being said, he did have it easy today - it was his to lose.

Danny Boy - This guy is amasing! He is whipping his more experienced 4 times WDC teammate's butt in the points standing - and tussling with Hamilton and Alonso in this race. Go Danny.

Alonso - What more can be said about this guy. Clearly, he is still the best all-rounder in F1 today. He can get something extra out of a midfield car - if only Ferrari gave a car worthy of his talents. Another strong performance from him - I very rarely ever see him give a sub par performance - that's why he is so good.

Hamilton - Okay - he was on the backfoot from qualifying - not his fault this time around - but he put in an impressive display here. His three abreast tussle with Danny and Kimi was very brave. A bit messy with his move on Jenson - but I think that was Jenson not seeing him in his mirrors. Possibly could have had a 2nd place - but still a mighty performance from the Hamster today.

Bottas - This guy is ice cool - like a lot of Finnish drivers. Strong qualifying and another podium. He managed to keep Hamster at bay and collect 2nd.

So, after consideration - I am going to give it to Bottas again. Taking the second fastest car to 2nd place and keeping his car on the road with no incidents.
Well said, I second all that!
Old 20 Jul 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3435986)   #17
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it to Hamilton, because coming to the podium from 20th on the grid is quite impressive, not to mention doing it with a damaged front wing.

Beyond that, Bottas drove a fine race (as did Rosberg, to take the win). Ricciardo and Alonso were excellent as well, fighting it out as they did.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3435997)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A tricky one again in a thoroughly entertaining race.

Nico Rosberg did what he had to do, but we didn't get a direct comparison with Lewis Hamilton. It's the same with Bottas. Another excellent job, but I'd like to have a direct comparison with Felipe Massa in what is obviously a very good car before voting for him, excellent job though it was.

Ricciardo once again looked fantastic - racey, measured and shrewd. Ultimately he was beaten by Vettel so I won't go for DOTR, even though I saw he lost out at the start.

Alonso was fantastic again - I think the last mediocre race I remember from him was Monaco last year.

In the end, I'm going to go for an unfancied choice, but a driver who can't be forgotten even though his team are slipping back a bit relative to the others. That's Nico Hulkenberg, about twelve seconds behind Ricciardo at the end, and well up on his teammate.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 22:03 (Ref:3436000)   #19
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a tough choice but I have chosen Bottas. He has been consistent in the last few races in terms if points finishes, also he started very strong in Australia. I could have gone with Hamilton - don't get me wrong he had a very good race starting from 20th, but I think Bottas just edges it.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3436007)   #20
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I understand why lots of people voted Bottas. Excellent drive.

I understand why there is praise for Ricardo, Alonso and even the Hulk.

I don't understand why NO-ONE has voted for Rosberg. What more was he supposed to do!?

However I have voted for Hamilton. A scintillating drive through the field, only slightly curtailed when he couldn't make the front tyres last with his "lightweight" front wing. Yes, one or two of the overtakes were a bit leary, but there's no other way of getting from 20th to 3rd. Anyway, the one that broke his wing was mostly down to JB.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3436009)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas !
Old 20 Jul 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3436017)   #22
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

I don't understand why NO-ONE has voted for Rosberg. What more was he supposed to do!?

However I have voted for Hamilton. A scintillating drive through the field, only slightly curtailed when he couldn't make the front tyres last with his "lightweight" front wing. Yes, one or two of the overtakes were a bit leary, but there's no other way of getting from 20th to 3rd. Anyway, the one that broke his wing was mostly down to JB.
I think I will go with you, Hamilton excellent drive under extreme pressure caused by a disconcerting disc failure, very good recovery! Outstanding drive.

Honourable mention to Rosberg who did everything perfectly to win.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3436036)   #23
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

Even Massa has more votes than Rosberg

Most people where expecting Rosberg to win givin the mercedes dominance so it wasn't really that surprising for me when he did. That's why I don't see him as driver of the race. I wouldn't have given Hamilton a vote if he started 2nd and finished second.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 00:44 (Ref:3436046)   #24
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel for me. Some great passes and managed to do it without hitting others....
Old 21 Jul 2014, 00:54 (Ref:3436051)   #25
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan for me too, managed to avoid a massive accident at the start which dropped him to 15th, then managed to pass his way back up into a decent points position in an underpowered car! Plus nearly stole 5th back off Teflonso right on the finish line