Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Mar 2000, 10:40 (Ref:2404)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As quoted from Auto Action, February 1997:
The fans are our most important asset and they're the ones we have to comunicate to.

Now is this the same Alan Jones who so didn't want to go to any of the "meet the public" press conferences, he paid the $500 fine for each race meeting at the start of the season?

And another bicker, who else it peaved at the Channel 9 coverage of the GP? Jones was the expert commentator out of John "oh the formula one mechanics all come out to see them" Watson and Big Dazza, yet it was apparent that he didnt watch the first round, or read in the news papers that Ashby and Reed are driving seperate cars this year?
Apart from that the coverage was a big shonky, do we know if it was Seton who stacked it

Jonesy was a ripper driver, heck, he won the F1 title, way back in the days of overtaking. I just dont really like the fella these days...
Old 13 Mar 2000, 11:44 (Ref:2405)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Channel 9 coverage of the V8s was once against extremely poor just like it was last year.

What really had me miffed is they never gave what lap times they were doing and never said for example "Radisich is now x amount of seconds behind Skaife".

Also, don't get me started on that accident. It was as clear as day that it was in fact Crompton that had the big accident - you could read it on the rear windows !. The morons commentating were left fumbling when it cut to an in car shot of Seton after they had been saying he was in the crash for the last 5 minutes and Seton was fine.

Channel Nine's coverage of the V8s was an absolute insult to the category.
Old 13 Mar 2000, 13:29 (Ref:2406)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep the whole weekend was **** in my view..no friday night practise only 2 hours on saturday and no info on what happened before qualifying..sunday was a litle better...i like John Watson hes pretty good and I would believe him before that jones fella..I dont care what hes done in the past its the present that counts and for so many years hes been going on about our young guys not getting support...well how the heck can OZ companies justify getting involved if they dont even give the weekend decent telecast times..everybody who watched Phillip Island and reads the local mags know about steve reed and trev ashby..allthough im still trying to work out who is in which car but at least I know there is 2 of them.

EDDIE MCQUIRE SUX !!!!!

wheres kenny sutcliffe these days he did a much better job and at least he could say formula one grand prix
Old 24 Mar 2000, 07:28 (Ref:2407)   #4
DJ
Rookie

DJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan Jones. Do not get me started. Anyone who openly bags his own son - last year in the Formula Ford World championships or some other. That irked me, and as for Bathurst 1995.

Here's hoping Mark Webber wins a F1 world championship so we don't have to listen to AJ anymore.
Old 28 Mar 2000, 23:18 (Ref:2408)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well why not promote another Jones as a replacement commentator then? One who provided the only coherent internet coverage of the V8Supercar Albert Park races? Nudge nudge the V8SP10 is conducting a poll on new commentators, I wonder who would be good hrmmm.......
Old 29 Mar 2000, 12:51 (Ref:2409)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, I suggest Brad Jones do the commentary. Oh, you meant you Falc...sorry.

Eddie McGuire needs some help, professional help...maybe some people in white coats with a nice new straight jacket. Shall we ask the audience's opinion?
Old 30 Mar 2000, 07:35 (Ref:2410)   #7
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Eddie was confused as there was a road through the midde of the football field and no ball.

Also did you notice when one of the cars went out into the gravel trap Eastlake refered to it as the marbles ?

That bugged me...

Old 12 Apr 2000, 22:53 (Ref:2411)   #8
DJ
Rookie

Promote another Jones to commentary - ME!

I've never raced a car in my life, but hey, I don't recall Murray Walker winning an F1 championship.

At least I notice smoke when I see it, and not 3 laps later :-)

If not me, promote the local bloke Bradley.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 02:09 (Ref:2412)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't recall Muddy Talker ever racing a car, but I do believe he was moderately sucessful on bikes.
Old 13 Apr 2000, 15:57 (Ref:2413)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
DJ ..when you say promote the local bloke Bradley..i believe you are refering to Brad (launch pad ) Jones..may I ask where you are form as brad is a local bloke to me and im only a few kays from his shop and raced against (well practised) Kim Jones at our local kart track ..so i was wondering if you were from the Albury area as well ????
Old 2 May 2000, 00:33 (Ref:2414)   #11
DJ
Rookie

Actually from Wangaratta, but I count that as local - especially in a worldwide forum such as this :-)

Either way - Just wait a few years until Mark Webber wins a F1 championship - Goodbye AJ!!