Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 May 2000, 16:33 (Ref:2470)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
888 antics are only heaping more mire onto the already dying beast of the BTCC.

Plato must have a face like a wet weekend. He was leading the series after Brands and now after having to move over and let Muller by finds himself 5th or wherever.

Contracts are contracts but do we need Mclaren type tactics in touring cars ?

Racing drivers want to win. If this carries on Plato will wonder whether its worth turning up on a raceweekend merely to keep the lead warm for Muller. As for Radermacker his chances of a win or even second place look very unlikely. As the season goes on will Plato have to move over for the minor placings as well....

Nobody will want to drive in a three car team if this is what its like. I said at the start that this may be the case at Ford but I guess Vauxhall have got giddy at the thought winning the series after years of trying.

If this is what 'star' drivers and Super Touring means - roll on Super Production, 'unknown' drivers and some real racing.
Old 2 May 2000, 19:45 (Ref:2471)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, the only team orders should be don't wreck each other, and let a much faster teammate through if they can catch the leader.

[This message has been edited by Heeltoe6 (edited 02 May 2000).]
Old 2 May 2000, 20:54 (Ref:2472)   #3
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Jason - team orders seemed so unfair at Thruxton. He drove very well and deserved more credit than that!
Old 2 May 2000, 22:33 (Ref:2473)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roland Dane the team Boss, has said that this is down to contractual reasons and that Muller is the clear No.1 in the team.

I dunno about McLaren tactics though....more like Ferrari

If it does carry on though, we shall end up with an artificially conceived battle between Muller and Menu.

I think there has long been team orders, but all the while there were lots of teams all running 2 cars it probably wasn't so obvious.

I agree it needs sorting, but I still can get excited by SP
Old 3 May 2000, 00:33 (Ref:2474)   #5
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIKB: You are certainly right about there being team orders before, heck there have even been manufacturer orders. At one of the late rounds last year, Neal was aksed to pull over to let Leslie by so Leslie wouldn't lose as much ground to Aiello (who I think won the race). Anyways, Matt wasn't too happy on the scanner (as he shouldn't have been, he had driven a great race) but Vondofore had aided Team Dymanimcs a lot with their Primera, so Matt did pull over.
Old 3 May 2000, 02:59 (Ref:2475)   #6
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought team orders were banned (at least during the actual race) by the FIA after that '98 F1 Mclaren incident? Or did it just apply to F1??

[This message has been edited by kmchow (edited 03 May 2000).]
Old 3 May 2000, 10:34 (Ref:2476)   #7
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree team orders have been used before.

But at least Aiello & Leslie were allowed to race for the title last year. I also agree that team orders are acceptable when getting to the last knocking's of the championship to help one team win over another.

With 888 we have Roland implementing team orders after 3 races out of 24 !!!

Why hire a proven race winner (Plato) and not let him win, what's the point ? So now JP is only allowed to race the ford's for a win if YM is out of the equation...

Sorry Roland, wait for the slow hand clap if you pull JP out of the way for Muller throughout the year. This is all the BTCC needs, rigged racing, the crowds are down as it is.

So I guess its head for home after the 2nd lap of the feature race, if JP is leading and YM in second - no need to stay for the result.......
Old 3 May 2000, 16:38 (Ref:2477)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmmmm,

Doesn't anybody find it interesting that MULLER!!!!! can't actually beat PLATO!!!!! without team orders?

And..... the Vectra appears to be improving since PLATO!!!!! joined the team?

[This message has been edited by Peter Mallett (edited 03 May 2000).]
Old 5 May 2000, 15:00 (Ref:2478)   #9
ZOE
Rookie

ZOE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I'm going to say is yes Peter you're so right