Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 31 Mar 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2429562)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Refreshing attitude from Danica

Excellent article from Danica in this months RACER magazine. Honest, humble, to the point and impressive. " I got to do better especially on road and street courses" Good for her and for the fact that she admits it.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2429772)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it would have been absurd not to admit it, let's face it!
Old 31 Mar 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2429799)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, this will sound bad, but we are no congratulating people on stating the obvious? And people wonder why there is a Danica hating contingent of race fans, personally a Danica hype hater more than hating her.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2429810)   #4
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want to see what she actually DOES. That girl talks a good line but has the worst case of red mist I've ever seen. After 32 years "on the bank" I've seen bad (been cussed out by F1 world champions and shoved by team owners), but she takes the cake.
keke
Old 31 Mar 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2430070)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Well it would have been absurd not to admit it, let's face it!
Well, Knowlesy, as I think we all have seen evidence of in our lives, some people just don't seem to be able to recognise reality if it contradicts what they want to be reality.

It is good to see Danica isn't living a world of dellusion. If she had tried to maintain that she didn't need to improve in general, and in particular on road/street courses, well, she would be resembling an inherently extremely biased, thus brutally illogical, fanatic of herself. I would expect her to have a realistic appraisal of herself (she has always seemed to be a sane person).

With regard to racerkeke's comments RE "redmist", well, particulary annoyed females tend to get passionately dedicated to seeking an immediate public forum for conflict resolution (in my experience, at least). Before anyone starts loading their rifles: yes, absolutely, men can exhibit exactly the same tendencies. Neither am I saying that men don't get just as annoyed as women do: what I am saying is, in general, women tend to be more, um, prone to displaying it rapidly and acutely. I am not saying that every single female is like this, nor that every single female is more like this than every single male. I am just speaking in general terms on the basis of the empirical evidence I have seen thus far in my life.

Danica seems to fit this general mould.

Now, as a final note, I am absolutely not anti-Danica. If people are about to start claiming it, then please just don't. I have nothing against her or her being in the IRL at all. I hope she improves, for it is just a good thing in itself: it benefits her, her team-mates, her team, and the IRL.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2431375)   #6
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
With regard to racerkeke's comments RE "redmist", well, particulary annoyed females tend to get passionately dedicated to seeking an immediate public forum for conflict resolution (in my experience, at least). Before anyone starts loading their rifles: yes, absolutely, men can exhibit exactly the same tendencies. Neither am I saying that men don't get just as annoyed as women do: what I am saying is, in general, women tend to be more, um, prone to displaying it rapidly and acutely. I am not saying that every single female is like this, nor that every single female is more like this than every single male. I am just speaking in general terms on the basis of the empirical evidence I have seen thus far in my life.
Point taken, Dutton. Except I am basing my comments on my direct experience with other female drivers like Katherine Legge, Sarah Fisher, Desire Wilson, Janet Guthrie, et al. Heck, even Milka Duno! This is an admittedly small pool to compare from, but NONE of these other women would ever have taken a swing at a marshal trying to clear her incident or cussed out her pit crew so loudly that we could hear it at T1 (across pit lane, a good 100 feet of lawn, and the track, WITH traffic). That is simply bad manners.

While I think a stint in NASCAR might be good for Danica, I wonder whether she has the upper body strength for those heavy cars. But then maybe she'll be too tired to have tantrums...

keke