Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 May 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1308023)   #1
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton to F-1 in 2006.

According to Autosport, Ron Dennis has stated that he is looking for a F-1 seat for Hamilton next year.

He has ruled out a seat at Mclaren saying that Lewis cannot expect to start in a Mclaren. The thrust of the article is that Ron Dennis regards f-3 euroseries as a better springboard to F-1 than GP2, which he regards as being somewhat in disarray.

I would guess that we will see Lewis at either Sauber, BAR or potentially even Renault (Fisicella has been going downhill all season). Providing of course that his F-1 tests show real promise.
Old 23 May 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1308030)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More likely to be at an independent team such as Minardi or Jordan than at a "rival" manufacturer.
Old 23 May 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1308033)   #3
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
merc engine supply?
Old 23 May 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1308036)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that would be good - they could farm out Lewis and either Wurz or de la Rosa
Old 23 May 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1308052)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
team dubai...

perhaps it should be noted that the old Macca base has been refurbished
Old 23 May 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1308066)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

That's an interesting development - some people were saying Team Dubai was no longer a goer.

Lets hope it does happen.
Old 23 May 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1308120)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this the same Team Dubai that is going to be running Aston Martin DBR9's in the FIA GT championship in 2006?
Old 23 May 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1308160)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
The thrust of the article is that Ron Dennis regards f-3 euroseries as a better springboard to F-1 than GP2, which he regards as being somewhat in disarray.
Another explanation could be that the F3 Euroseries has strong Mercedes connections, whereas GP2 has strong Renault connections...
Old 23 May 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1308196)   #9
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Foxy i think that is more to the point. Also whilst i think Lewis is an excellent driver and all things being equal he will probably win the Euro Series this year, there are perhaps other more proven candidates for F1 drives at the moment. A Davidson springs to mind !. Have Jamie Green's achievements last year been overlooked !
Old 23 May 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1308241)   #10
Lenny
Rookie

Lenny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
L Hamilton

Isn't Lewis Hamilton Ron Dennis's sisters boy?
Old 23 May 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1308246)   #11
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to my knowledge
Old 23 May 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1308254)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

As far as I'm aware Lewis is not related to Ron
Old 23 May 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1308276)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's a nephew somehow isnt he?
Old 23 May 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1308302)   #14
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ron Dennis was first made aware of Lewis when Martin Hines (Zip Kart boss) talked Ron into being a principle title sponsor together with Mercedes of his 'Champions of the Future' as an alternative junior karting series to the UK's traditional National (Junior & Senior) karting series 'Super One'

You can't beat seeing drivers with your own eyes and Lewis a front running junior who won the CofF Cadet and JICA class titles did just that! I'm not aware of any family connections...It's all about 'Being in the right place at the right time'

I remember giving encouragement to young Lewis when he first started out in Childrens 60cc Cadet (Mini-karting) and could see he had potential. But the thought that a top team like Renault or BAR giving a novice a race seat is VERY wide of the mark indeed...if that were the case Davidson would have been in it already...I assure you 'Frank_White'

What amazes me is peoples failure to realise the vast gap between drivers who have to pay for their F1 training/experience (via sponsors or managers) with the mino teams and the professional teams with commercial manufacturers and commercial blue-chip sponsors who pay drivers/teams with the expectation of winning races and the title...hence Dennis's comment about Lewis not being able to jump straight into a McLaren and race!

A young driver however talented needs thousands of kilometers under their belt these days before they are let loss in these massively exspensive cars!
Old 23 May 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1308322)   #15
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Team Dubai seems to involve a conman who has duped Byfield...questionable whether it will proceed. However there is no reason why someone cannot do exactly what they were proposing to do.
Old 23 May 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1308354)   #16
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lewis in f1 next year is too risky. put him into gp2 were the few best drivers now will ahve probably moved on and therefor making it a little easier for him. but of course gp2 is renault so ron might not like it. still an f1 race drive right away aint good for him. the lieks of raikkonen and alonso and button mad eit to f1 race drives with little experience and ironically are the 'cream' of the new f1 breed as opposed to mark webber's more experience orientated route to f1.....alonso and raikkonen are geniune stars, mark webber is just a male version of susie stoddart.....maybe lewis can pull it off, but i wouldnt want his career suffering if it did not.
Old 23 May 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1308365)   #17
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't underestimate F3...it's quite a technical class, and taught drivers more than F3000 could/did!
Old 23 May 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1308386)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
lewis will have merc horsepower - and I raise the point again that silverrons old base in woking has been refurbished...
Old 23 May 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1308390)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
lewis will have merc horsepower - and I raise the point again that silverrons old base in woking has been refurbished...

Inside info there Sam, good to hear.

Lets hope it all works out.

Old 24 May 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1308654)   #20
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to Lewis whatever happens. He is a very talented driver and a really nice guy at the same time (and the two dont always go together)

The thing that always impresses me with Lewis is that while he receives considerable support (both financially and technically) from Ron/Mercedes/Mclaren - he never takes it for granted - he knows that hard work and dedication have got him where he is - and that only the same hard work and dedication will keep him there.

Interesting comment I read in another interview was that "Lewis wanted to do GP2 but we persuaded him that Euroseries was better for his career" - "he didnt argue but settled into the task at hand"

On the F1 stakes I'd put my money on Lewis having a seat (or at least being test driver) with Jordan next year.
Old 24 May 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1308961)   #21
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not really inside info, its the same regurgitated Team Dubai Fiasco
Old 24 May 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1308976)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Its not really inside info, its the same regurgitated Team Dubai Fiasco

Team Dubai is dead and buried, as far as I'd heard - therefore a suggestion that a similar project IS going ahead must be inside info
Old 24 May 2005, 18:13 (Ref:1309225)   #23
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
maybe team dubai is dead - but I suggest that there is something going on in working and there is something afoot in hamilton world
Old 24 May 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1309364)   #24
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
maybe team dubai is dead - but I suggest that there is something going on in working and there is something afoot in hamilton world
Really..... it all seemed pretty quiet when I went past the other day?
Would be good if the old premises were used for a new F1 outfit though.