Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Nov 2003, 00:38 (Ref:778326)   #1
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewards = God

Look, Im gonna explode! Seriously!

I want someone to tell me why stewards are god in the world of V8 Supercars?!

V8 Supercars is my sport, I dont give a **** about footy, cricket or golf, this is where my passion lyes and it makes me as furious as a US Postal worker to see these brainless monkeys in race control ruining every single bloody race this year with the most brainless, retarded, exceedingly moronic decisions! I cant take much more of this ****, and neither can teams and sponsors!

If race control want teams and sponsors to walk from this sport they are going the right way about it!

The worst part is, they are god! Their decision is final, you cant argue with them or appeal! And they are so childish and immature, yes IMMATURE that they cant stand to loose face, they get all embaressed, perhaps realise they buggered up but insted of admitting they were wrong, insted of loosing face they go, "Oh thats no good we'll have to fine you before you embaress our intelligence even more."

Get the picture yet stewards! After the countless amounts threads on these forums around the WWW, and many a influential people that read them is it not time somebody did something about it!

Its an Autocracy, and a bloody shambles, an embaressment on the world stage and a joke for those who invest their time and money to race in the series!

There is no higher power, no third referee, no one to go "now hang on race control" and put them back in their boxes, now TEGA, AVESCO, I tell you now DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Because lets face it, V8 Supercars is becoming a JOKE!

And Tony when it fails, you'll have none other than the tiny brained, 1-eyed, autocratic, simpltons in race control to thank!

I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:12 (Ref:778337)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well said, but there is a slight problem in all of this. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:24 (Ref:778340)   #3
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with the series at the moment is the fact that the whole officialdom setup isn't working & everyone from team managers down to supporters are complaining about it but noone at the top is willing to listen to what's being said. The inconsistencies in the decisions are disgusting & as Archer said the worst part is even when a decision has been proven wrong they won't admit it & noone accepts responsibility for their actions, unfortunately i don't see it improving any time soon.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:41 (Ref:778351)   #4
Dave HRT Moy
Racer

Dave HRT Moy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like I've said before, when the TEGA board meets and elects the new representatives (they plan to increase the number of non affiliated representatives), they need to sit down and rejig the entire official and race administration system...

I've also said in earlier threads that the people that make decisions in this sport need to be accountable. They need to justify their decisions and base them on a clear set of rules that are not open to interpretation and alteration half way through a season or especially a race meeting...

The rule on pit movements is a prime example. The original rule was that if you impeded the car behind or made contact with it, then you were at fault and the penalty was a drive though. Now it's, "well if the car behind kinda runs into you, but in the back and not in the side, it's sorta ok and nobodies fault".

That isn't the way the rule has worked all year, but now, the officials just change it....partly I'm sure to cover their inaction on Ingall at Indy, but it just changes the goal posts for everyone whilst the game is still on.

Hopeless.....
Old 10 Nov 2003, 01:42 (Ref:778352)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here they come to save the day
The mighty F I Aaaaa

When there is wrong to right
The FIA has some biiite

Coming soon to a race track near you, the FIA...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:35 (Ref:778481)   #6
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
Wizzby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to say it, but I reckon they need a woman up there.... my second grade teacher comes to mind, no one dared get out of line with her!

But they do sort of need a proper appeals board that is seperate to the normal stewards don't they. Then at least there is a seperate body who can handle appeals so the stewards don't have to back pedal their own mistakes...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 22:43 (Ref:779279)   #7
Archer
Veteran

We all say "they" need to get rid of them, but who are "they" when it seams that race control is the highest power and there simply is no "they" with the adiquite powers to rid us of these idiots!
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

Old 10 Nov 2003, 22:45 (Ref:779283)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is watching the watchers...

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Nov 2003, 23:16 (Ref:779306)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are watching the watchers, but not all that the watchers are doing... because they do loads we never get to see... which is also an issue!

Or maybe the watchers reckon the rest of the world is as apathetic as they appear to be?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Nov 2003, 04:00 (Ref:779457)   #10
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
That's the whole problem isn't it, they have no one to answer to...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 05:53 (Ref:779500)   #11
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It always happens in every sport. Usually those officials have never even played the game at a high level but are telling everybody how to play it. They are also so egotisical that they make it so that they are answerable to noone.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 03:10 (Ref:780571)   #12
Archer
Veteran

And that is what has to change before its too late

Old 12 Nov 2003, 05:52 (Ref:780656)   #13
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
I hate to say it, but the rules system isn't exactly favourable either. The officials can only be as good as the rules that govern them...
Old 12 Nov 2003, 06:07 (Ref:780669)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
Whilst the rulebook is at times questionable i don't think any of the stewards can use that as an excuse for their ineptness in some of the decisions that have been made this year & the process in making the decisions, i don't think anyone that's either involved in the series or watches it as a fan could honestly say that they have any faith in the guys making the crucial calls.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 06:34 (Ref:780678)   #15
Wizzby
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA
No I don't, but I don't have faith in the rules either. You cannot expect a group of blokes to make opinionated calls when the rules allow it. It's got to be a black and white line, and then they might start making some right decisions!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 11:42 (Ref:780902)   #16
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
We are watching the watchers, but not all that the watchers are doing... because they do loads we never get to see... which is also an issue!

Or maybe the watchers reckon the rest of the world is as apathetic as they appear to be?
But TC says (!!!) that it's the best series going around, heck some of the O/S drivers say the same, and they have no need to say that...

Is the importance of it all lost?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 12 Nov 2003, 13:08 (Ref:780997)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
Whether it is the best series in the world or not (TC wouldn't be biased in these claims) it doesn't excuse the poor officiating this series constantly sees, we have competitors, team owners, fans & on occasions T.V. commentators whinging about it & the people in charge are that arrogant they still see know reason not to change things.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 01:55 (Ref:781576)   #18
Archer
Veteran

Arrogant? Or ignorant? Probably both.

Old 13 Nov 2003, 05:12 (Ref:781664)   #19
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
But TC says (!!!) that it's the best series going around, heck some of the O/S drivers say the same, and they have no need to say that...
But they only say it when they are in Australia,or are you counting Kiwi's in the O/S driver line up,yep it's a great championship but so are plenty of the others world wide,BTCC,DDTM,ALM's NASCAR,BUSCH they are all good and all worth watching but I don't see to many packing there bags and coming out here.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 05:58 (Ref:781672)   #20
smack
Rookie

smack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Stewards = God

Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Look, Im gonna explode! Seriously!

I want someone to tell me why stewards are god in the world of V8 Supercars?!

V8 Supercars is my sport, I dont give a **** about footy, cricket or golf, this is where my passion lyes and it makes me as furious as a US Postal worker to see these brainless monkeys in race control ruining every single bloody race this year with the most brainless, retarded, exceedingly moronic decisions! I cant take much more of this ****, and neither can teams and sponsors!
my god archer, you are not one of these american people we see on tv over here, that goes beserk with a gun or something are you?
Old 13 Nov 2003, 06:55 (Ref:781700)   #21
Archer
Veteran

You never know smack, you never know

Old 15 Nov 2003, 03:37 (Ref:783952)   #22
smack
Rookie

smack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can you let when you fly in, where you are going PLEASE!!!