Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1899383)   #276
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd say the fact is NOT on the TeamGB site and only the main A1GP site means he spoke to a different journalist.

I found this quote on the TeamGB site:

"I'm obviously disappointed not to be racing at Brands," said Jarvis. "I would have loved the chance to compete in another A1GP event but especially in my home race and the last race of the season. I understand the decision made by the team, Robbie was effectively assured of the drive before Mexico City but after that things were maybe a little in doubt. I have to give Robbie credit though as he went out in China and performed giving Tony
(Clements) a hard decision to make for the final round!"

He continued, "My record in A1GP speaks for itself and off the back of that the team has informed me that I'll have a much larger role to play next year which is nice to hear and I hope we can have a crack at the championship next season. I wouldn't miss being at Brands next weekend whether I was driving or not. I'll be there to support the team and I obviously still have a job to do. I'm a team player and I'll be doing everything I can to give Robbie a good car following the hour long rookie session. I'm happy to be there and I have no doubt I'll be kept busy throughout the weekend."

... which sounds more appropriately 'conditioned'. Big contrast between the two!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1899443)   #277
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Sorry, do I not think what confirms it wasn't a joke?
Ollies quote, you said it may have been a jest
Old 24 Apr 2007, 16:58 (Ref:1899452)   #278
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it may have been.

It's not 100% sure that Ollie is taking a swipe at God here. And if it is a bit of needle, good, maybe it will spur Robbie on. Nothing like a bit of inter team rivalry.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1899503)   #279
nev
Racer

The only good thing about them both being retained for nex year is that when Ollie fails to perform, when he races againsta decent line up, it will be to late for him to do rookie only sesessions cos of the ammount of races entered and Turvey will take his place.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1899999)   #280
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same goes for Robbie Nev.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1900019)   #281
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Same goes for Robbie Nev.
He had to deal with that this year, but as you must have seen the majority of stuff ups came from the car not the Driver !!
Old 25 Apr 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1900028)   #282
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am convinced that the competition will do them both good.

For Kerr it will finally give a benchmark against which to judge his performances.

For Jarvis it offers a big step up from the 13 driver F3 Japan series. With 3 of the 13 drivers from your own team (which team won last year and fills the podium week on week) second place to your own team mate is never going to get you noticed.

I just hope that they both put everything into this weekend. There is a lot riding on Jarvis to get the car set up right in the rookie sessions and even more riding on Kerr to deliver a race win on home soil.

A strong end to the season will make all the difference to both drivers and to the team who have clealry come on leaps and bounds since all of the technical problems which dogged the middle part of the season.