Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 May 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3818837)   #201
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thanks. It would be nice if they end up doing the occasional split screen during commercials so you can still watch the race like they did with F1 or Indycar.

The article says they have digital rights to every race on their website/app but I wonder if it will be streamed only for people with access to the cable channel like the races on Fox sports we're here.
Old 2 May 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3818838)   #202
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The article says they have digital rights to every race on their website/app but I wonder if it will be streamed only for people with access to the cable channel like the races on Fox sports we're here.
The app as its stands does indeed require you to login through your TV provider, no different from FSGO and WatchESPN. I doubt this will change for IndyCar.
Old 2 May 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3818868)   #203
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Seriously one size fits all sports channels stink. I think everybody misses SpeedTV which was a gem and maybe one of the real success stories of cable TV in the 2000's decade. Cable TV in general was at its peak in the 2000's in fact.

No matter I have not had cable TV in 9 years. Won't go back to it. Don't want to hand over money to junk like FOX, ESPN, and CNN. I hope the IMSA races on the youtube replays remain. Those are the best. I guess we should be ok. IndyCar and NASCAR. is on NBC mostly and there replays come on youtube still.

Curious to see which 3 races NBC ends up showing on their main network.
Old 2 May 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3818879)   #204
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Curious to see which 3 races NBC ends up showing on their main network.
Apparently it's Daytona, Sebring and Petit Le Mans.
Old 2 May 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3818970)   #205
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Apparently it's Daytona, Sebring and Petit Le Mans.
No, that was Bennet spitballing about what 3 races they'd like to see and of course they'd like those 3 but nothing was set yet. Please read the entire article and not skim
Old 3 May 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3819052)   #206
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No, that was Bennet spitballing about what 3 races they'd like to see and of course they'd like those 3 but nothing was set yet. Please read the entire article and not skim
No way they would show the whole of those races on their main network channel.

Long Beach, I'd bet, and not sure which two others ... I think it might depend on where the trucks were (read: where IndyCar is racing) and what else is scheduled for a given race weekend.

I am betting Detroit for one of them. Short race, and the trucks will be there for IndyCar.

Then, whatever event doesn't run opposite some popular college game.

Last edited by Maelochs; 3 May 2018 at 09:56.
Old 3 May 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3819059)   #207
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
He was talking about hours, not full races. The assumption being that rest of race would be on NBCSN.
Old 3 May 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3819115)   #208
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Long Beach, I'd bet, and not sure which two others ... I think it might depend on where the trucks were (read: where IndyCar is racing) and what else is scheduled for a given race weekend.

I am betting Detroit for one of them. Short race, and the trucks will be there for IndyCar.

Hope its not Detroit, GTLM does not run there. That is the IMSA race that I am least likely to watch and follow. I think it shows too. Looking at the youtube race replays in the past couple years, Detroit by far and away has the least views of all the events in the entire year.
Old 3 May 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3819205)   #209
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I'd like to see the mid Ohio race be a combined weekend with IndyCar, which would also help with what you're saying about where the trucks are.

I remember my first time seeing sports cars on tv being on NBC, and a famous amos sponsored Toyota dominating at Laguna seca. So I guess for nostalgia sake, I like the move. However, I'm still gonna be seeking out ways to watch without commercials and with rlm broadcasters. I've just become too spoiled and loyal to that group at this point.

Although, if they go the no commercial route like ESPN with f1, then I'll swap allegiances
Old 3 May 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3819229)   #210
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tried to remember how the splitting of network events has gone this decade

Daytona - First 3 Hours (FOX)
Long Beach (FOX)

Daytona - First 3 Hours (FOX)
Long Beach (FOX)

Lime Rock (FOX)

Daytona - First 2 Hours (FOX)

Daytona - First 2 Hours (FOX)

ALMS - Long Beach - Highlights (ABC)
ALMS - Road America (ABC)
ALMS - Baltimore - Highlights (ABC)
(Not sure if any for Grand-Am)

ALMS - Sebring - Highlights (ABC)
ALMS - Mid-Ohio - Second half (ABC)
ALMS - Baltimore - Highlights (ABC)
ALMS - PLM - Highlights (ABC)

ALMS - Sebring - Highlights (ABC)
ALMS - Road America - Highlights (ABC)
ALMS - Baltimore - Highlights 'docudrama' (ABC)
ALMS - PLM - Highlights (ABC)

ALMS - Laguna Seca - Highlights 'docudrama' (CBS)
ALMS - Mid-Ohio - Highlights 'docudrama' (CBS)
(not sure if any for Grand-Am)
Old 3 May 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3819253)   #211
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Although, if they go the no commercial route like ESPN with f1, then I'll swap allegiances
Find someone willing to shell out the money for it and you'll get it.
Old 3 May 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3819260)   #212
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Pretty big if considering that Indycar has ads (and the streams on the NBC Sports website and other platforms has a placeholder screen during the ad breaks).
Old 5 May 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3819857)   #213
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Aston Martin again talking about an IMSA GTLM campaign:

http://racer.com/2018/05/05/aston-ma...sport-partner/

I believe it when I see it.
Old 5 May 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3820165)   #214
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Aston Martin again talking about an IMSA GTLM campaign:

http://racer.com/2018/05/05/aston-ma...sport-partner/

I believe it when I see it.
Aston Martin PR speak makes it hard to like them anymore, between the BOP complaining this weekend in the WEC and then pretending they aren't shopping for a customer in IMSA it's just too much. Admit you're shopping the cars and hope a rich guy wants a toy, and for God's sake pony up the entry fee so Dalla Lana doesn't have to for you.

The WEC crying of no, we're not asking for a BOP change but look at our poor car. They tested and bragged about how many miles is testing and all these tracks they travelled to. You know last year's times from the competition, in none of your testing did you consider that might be a good benchmark? It's like they build the car and then cry our car's not good cause the rules. Nope, your car just isn't good, full stop period. Least BMW has the decency to play the game with less fanfare and kinda admit they needed help. AMR just assumes everyone will help. And so help F1 if they ever pretend to build that engine for Red Bull. The crying will be incessant, and frankly useless but they'll try.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 6 May 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3820461)   #215
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Aston Martin PR speak makes it hard to like them anymore, between the BOP complaining this weekend in the WEC and then pretending they aren't shopping for a customer in IMSA it's just too much. Admit you're shopping the cars and hope a rich guy wants a toy, and for God's sake pony up the entry fee so Dalla Lana doesn't have to for you.

The WEC crying of no, we're not asking for a BOP change but look at our poor car. They tested and bragged about how many miles is testing and all these tracks they travelled to. You know last year's times from the competition, in none of your testing did you consider that might be a good benchmark? It's like they build the car and then cry our car's not good cause the rules. Nope, your car just isn't good, full stop period. Least BMW has the decency to play the game with less fanfare and kinda admit they needed help. AMR just assumes everyone will help. And so help F1 if they ever pretend to build that engine for Red Bull. The crying will be incessant, and frankly useless but they'll try.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Last year's times are meaningless because at Spa GTE went nearly 2 seconds faster. And it was actually Ferrari that cried the most about BOP, even during the race. Not much chatter from Aston. I think they'll get it together and whether they join IMSA or not probably depends on how much money they make and the advertising imo.
Old 7 May 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3820648)   #216
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Looks like the possibility of the France Family putting Nascar up for sale may be true.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1I825P

I'm not well versed on the transferrence of business ownership and the like, so my question is out of genuine curiosity.......so considering Nascar has a significant stake/ownership in IMSA, how would a change like this affect the state of IMSA....How its run, how it is marketed, funding etc...? Or perhaps it is way to early to tell for sure.
Old 7 May 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3820650)   #217
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Looks like the possibility of the France Family putting Nascar up for sale may be true.

I'm not well versed on the transferrence of business ownership and the like, so my question is out of genuine curiosity.......so considering Nascar has a significant stake/ownership in IMSA, how would a change like this affect the state of IMSA....How its run, how it is marketed, funding etc...? Or perhaps it is way to early to tell for sure.
I would guess that Jim France owns IMSA vs NASCAR owning it. Thus, it probably would not be sold off in a deal unless he wants it to be.
Old 7 May 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3820651)   #218
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I just saw that article too-is IMSA ownership by Nascar or is it the France family?
Old 7 May 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3820652)   #219
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I just saw that article too-is IMSA ownership by Nascar or is it the France family?
What is known is that the Frances own NASCAR, Bill France owns IMSA, and the two naturally share a lot of resources.
Old 7 May 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3820693)   #220
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
My understanding is that IMSA Holdings, LLC is a subsidiary of NASCAR Holdings, LLC.
Old 8 May 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3820819)   #221
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Way too early to tell. A lot depends upon who buys NASCAR, their vision for that series, and whether ISC is included in the sale. IMSA probably isn't a core asset — it could be kept, it be sold off, it might not be included in the sale.
Old 8 May 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3820857)   #222
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
http://racer.com/2018/05/08/pruett-t...-dpis-and-p2s/

Well, there you go. Everybody knew from the start this would be inevitable, but apparently it took others a few years to realize BoP is not a magic bullet formula. Not even close.
Old 8 May 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3820867)   #223
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
http://racer.com/2018/05/08/pruett-t...-dpis-and-p2s/

Well, there you go. Everybody knew from the start this would be inevitable, but apparently it took others a few years to realize BoP is not a magic bullet formula. Not even close.
I think the DPi manufacturers would be quite happy with the split, because they can utilize the potential of their cars more. But I wonder how all of the P2 teams feel? This idea has been talked about within the series in the past and the P2 teams were split. Some wanted an Am championship that features P2 machinery, while others wanted to challenge for the overall victory. I guess the question is, does being in the top class help the teams fill seats more than going for a class victory would? Also, would this even impact any current team? Would the JDC (99) car be considered Pro/Pro, or is Misha a silver?
Old 8 May 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3820873)   #224
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that there should be an overall dpi/lmp2 drivers championship; while team ranking should be split between dpi team championship and lmp2 team championship.
Afterall, WEC GT driver cup is shared among gtpro - gtam drivers, while each class has a different team ranking.

But this is my honest opinion since 2014....
Old 8 May 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3820896)   #225
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Pruett says that the only big tricky part about the split would be if a full-on, full time all pro LMP2 ever showed up.