Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Feb 2001, 19:58 (Ref:65743)   #1
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been a few weeks after my last reply because of computer and modem problems, tell me am i far behind in what is happening in the Touring Car World!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:03 (Ref:65746)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well hello again - we wondered where you were.

As for the gossip - not a lot is happening - just waiting for the season to start.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:17 (Ref:65754)   #3
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back larsen!!

right..

BTCT cars are only 3 sec's slower than Super touring cars so they've still got alot of umph!

Vauxhall may be running as many as 6 astra's!

All of the support races have been announced (see a different thread)!

Alot of people in this forum have a good idea who the 2nd lexus driver is, but dont worry if you dont know you wont get pink-shin over it!

Peugeot missed there testing cuz car parts havent been got from peugeot factory!

The astra paint job has changed!

Evryone i know thinks it gonna be a Very good year for racing!

Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:19 (Ref:65755)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
In the last 2 weeks...

BMP have announced a provitional entry list which includes 39 Touring entries, including 36 Astras. "Vauxhall are very keen on the new regulations" said Richard West.

Vauxhall have anounced that they are to run a team of 35 Astras, all prepared by Triple Eight, plus s single entry for Tom Ferrier which will be prepared by Ferrier himself. "We'll lend him a few spanners" said Derek Warwick

Peugeot are cutting back to a single car as they don't have enough parts to build any more. Soper, Eaves and Neal will take it in turns to drive.

Lexus have anounced that they have signed a second driver who will wear a mask until the final race as to not reveal his identity.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:22 (Ref:65756)   #5
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somehow i think it is unrealistic that Vauxhall will run or prepare 36 cars, if that was so then they might aswell have their own series, all i know is that there is going to be more than 5 Vauxhall Astra Cars!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:25 (Ref:65757)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
opps, nearly forgot.... allegedly
Old 20 Feb 2001, 20:25 (Ref:65758)   #7
vauxhall
Veteran

LOL REDSHOES!!!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 22:03 (Ref:65783)   #8
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see you back Larsen! I wondered where you had got to-i thought you may have been 'taken out' by redshoes or Invader. (Don't ask!). Anyway, a fair bit has benn discussed while you were away, but one thing we all seem to have decided on is that the 2001 BTCC is gonna be a good one!
Old 20 Feb 2001, 23:02 (Ref:65792)   #9
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel, you need to control that sense of humour!!

Poor Larsen... See how convincing you were?

36 Astras...! There's no way they could manage to build any more than... twenty?

Oh, and welcome back Larsen!
Old 21 Feb 2001, 18:16 (Ref:65926)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

Will do Sparky.

Better not post that story about the 2CV championship replacing the Clios in the support bill then.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 20:37 (Ref:65959)   #11
vauxhall
Veteran

oh yeh larsen:

Alain menu had to by a bigger helmet, cuz his heads just to big!!!
Old 21 Feb 2001, 21:19 (Ref:65967)   #12
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Let's not start another debate about the size Messers Menu and Thompson's head!!!!
Old 21 Feb 2001, 21:53 (Ref:65975)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thompsons at least willing to try at driving for Vauxhall, but Menu would rather be paid nothing than take a pay cut driving for Vauxhall.
It's strange how in the past last year and this year we've not seen a number 1 car in the field.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 22:08 (Ref:65979)   #14
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Not for want fo trying! I know Aiello desperately wanted to stay in the BTCC in 2000 and defend his crown-he was gutted when Nissan pulled out and when he tried to get a Honda drive Kristensen was picked ahead of him. This year I know Menu wants to drive in BTCC, but he hasn't had the deal yet-and i don't think 888 are going to pay for him. If Renault come back next year, could Menu be back in a Laguna or Megane?