Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1399119)   #1
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ruben's tire change...

Picture this: Rubens runs ahead of Mikey all race, then in the closing laps has,surprise.. a tire problem which requires changing. Schu surges ahead...

After reviewing the tape it certainly wasn't flat; sooooo it must have been trend telemetry. US coverage said not a word about it. Am I the ony skeptic here ?
Old 5 Sep 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1399126)   #2
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There was apparently a slow leak, caused by a puncture.

DKGandBH
Old 5 Sep 2005, 01:03 (Ref:1399139)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yeah. Real smart move by Ferrari to take their only point scoring driver out of the points...

But don't worry.. you won't be the only one.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1399143)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Oh yeah. Real smart move by Ferrari to take their only point scoring driver out of the points...

But don't worry.. you won't be the only one.
Yes, a bit of a "pointless" move, that one.

Speed TV commentators did speculate that telemetry must have indicated a leak.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1399498)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Plus the fact that had there not been damage to the tyre there would also have been a penalty.

Just another example of the World-Wide Conspiracy to Ensure Ferrari wins the WDC/WCC every year. We can see how true this by reviewing the tables in the Constructor's and Driver's Championships and there is Ferrari - with no hope of winning either!!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1399514)   #6
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conspiracy on the side and in no aspect a MS-bashing going on ... Rubens did a brilliant Race and was unlucky not to end ahead of Michael. It would've bin the perfect "I told you I'm better than I've shown" statement. Like Hinz PrĂ¼ller in ORF said this weekend: How many Victorys where in there for him had there not bin nr.1 and nr. 1b at Ferrari ....

But like so many orther times the old Barrichello curse jumped out of nowhere, car failure, tyres, gas and and and .... This time tyres.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1400896)   #7
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we watched the race and the lovely Mrs. mp356a says, "Hey, how did Rubens manage to stay ahead of Michael after that last pit stop? Shouldn't he have had some sort of fuel rig problem or something?" and then to see him called in for the tire "condition", well..... I just think that's freaky.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1400897)   #8
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't recall the cars behind Rubens catching up on him on his in lap, with the said slow puncture.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1400902)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking at Rubens' lap times then it is difficult to say. There is no real drop off in performance (although he wasn't going particularly fast at that point). However if they could tell the pressure had dropped then they would have probably got him in before any big drop off had occurred.

While the conspiracy is nice, why would they do that? Rubens had more chance of scoring a point than Michael.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1400904)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebeegeetee
I don't recall the cars behind Rubens catching up on him on his in lap, with the said slow puncture.
Obviously not a slow puncture,but a fast one.

However,the tyres weren't having any of that,and promptly spun TGF off the track to maintain the Status Quo.
Old 7 Sep 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1400928)   #11
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Obviously not a slow puncture,but a fast one.

However,the tyres weren't having any of that,and promptly spun TGF off the track to maintain the Status Quo.
Otherwise known as karma!!
Old 7 Sep 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1401003)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I am sure if Ferrari had wanted Michael passed Rubens they could have done it quite a bit earlier in the race.

Clearly, this year, Ferrari used team orders like....oohhh...all the time.

Monaco, Turkey, Monza (probably others, I cannot recall off-hand) Michael has ran behind Rubens for considerable periods of time.

I hope nobody even considers bringing up Indy. It wasn't a real race after all....even then I am not sure there really were any that much, unless one of the orders was to have the moment going into turn 1.

ANYWAY!

I was wondering if anyone would bother to try to suggest the stop was a strategic move to benefit Michael.....I guess there had to be at least one thread.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Accept it. Ferrari didn't do anything wrong other than be uncompetitive. Even that is a good thing, I thought?
Old 9 Sep 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1402911)   #13
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame the TV coverage didn't give a clear view of the tyre, but I'm sure the FIA and Brigdestone have seen the telemetry and verified that a slow puncture was there. I'm sure that if Rubens had it fail and crashed heavily on the next lap, people would be criticising the team - probably accusing them of endangering their driver just to help Michael.