Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:34 (Ref:554129)   #1
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans tickets - help!!!

About 2 weeks ago I sent the ticket request form to the ACO looking for two Tribune 03 tickets, four General Admissions and a parking ticket. Still not having received a reply, I posted a message at clubarnage.com enquiring if this sort of delay is normal. They informed that the ACO are usually quite inefficient, but also that all grandstand tickets are probably sold out at this stage.

Obvious question: does anyone have any to sell, or know of a specific website where I might have a good chance of finding some sellers? I initially wanted two grandstand seats, but one will do if that's all I can find.

Also, is it naive of me to think that I can still expect to pay face value?
Old 31 Mar 2003, 20:20 (Ref:554181)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO are apparently useless - don't expect to hear anything. Grandstand tickets are sold out.. best bet is Club Arnage.

Will be able to get parking and general admission at the weekend itself..
Old 1 Apr 2003, 06:00 (Ref:554522)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Grandstands places : don't even think of it...

General admissions : you can buy them on the spot.

Parking places : you can buy them at the gate too, for Blue and Red parks (easy to find, close from the gates, I advise Red if you like Tertre Rouge, Blue (could be muddy by rain) if you prefer Porsche curves and around... easy to go by foot to Maison Blanche area (named Triangle de Laigné).

Enjoy !
Old 1 Apr 2003, 07:23 (Ref:554576)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
.....Blue (could be muddy by rain)....
Now don't you go saying such silly things Fab.

Bring your parasol, sunhat and loads of suncream....
Old 1 Apr 2003, 09:17 (Ref:554658)   #5
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One month ago, when I ordered my tickets, there were still places available in non covered grandstands.
In 2001 I had one of those, but rained so much. In 2002 I had a covered one and it didn´t rain at all. This year I am having a non covered one.... so expect rain, mates!!!
Just a joke, I am hoping for a hot blue-skyed weekend. Forget the umbrellas and bring lots of beer.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 15:33 (Ref:554983)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Now don't you go saying such silly things Fab.

Bring your parasol, sunhat and loads of suncream....
Silly me, I don't know what I'm saying...

Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
expect rain, mates!!!
Huh... :confused:

In the pits grandstands ?!? What have I done ?

Quote:
One month ago, when I ordered my tickets, there were still places available in non covered grandstands
Depends of your serendipity !

Last edited by Fab; 1 Apr 2003 at 15:36.
Old 1 Apr 2003, 19:39 (Ref:555204)   #7
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crisis averted guys - www.justtickets.co.uk had some Tribune 02 & green parking tickets left... thanks for the advice anyways
Old 1 Apr 2003, 20:43 (Ref:555277)   #8
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
In the pits grandstands ?!? What have I done ?

rows 7 and 8 (G & H, last 2 at the top) are ok, no rain there in 2001 (well, not much)

wind is more disturbing in this grandstand
Old 2 Apr 2003, 05:19 (Ref:555539)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
rows 7 and 8 (G & H, last 2 at the top) are ok, no rain there in 2001 (well, not much)

wind is more disturbing in this grandstand
Bernard, you're waterproof anyway !
Old 2 Apr 2003, 05:38 (Ref:555544)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Read my lips guys.....

THERE WILL BE NO RAIN

Old 2 Apr 2003, 07:47 (Ref:555591)   #11
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Read my lips guys.....

THERE WILL BE NO RAIN

Hrumph, that's what he said in 2001!

Hrumph hrumph!

FG
Old 2 Apr 2003, 09:21 (Ref:555653)   #12
Javi
Veteran

You´re right Aysedasi.... THERE WILL BE NO MORE RAIN THAN 2001 (It´s simply impossible...)
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:23 (Ref:555746)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No.

No rain at all.

Well, maybe a few spots early morning on Sunday just to spice things up a little bit......
Old 2 Apr 2003, 11:24 (Ref:555749)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
You´re right Aysedasi.... THERE WILL BE NO MORE RAIN THAN 2001 (It´s simply impossible...)

It is possible. I was at the BPR Global Challenge race at Silverstone in 1995. Now that was wet......
Old 2 Apr 2003, 12:08 (Ref:555814)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Read my lips guys.....

THERE WILL BE NO RAIN

Huh... no rain, but... where ? In south Moroco ?

Quote:
It is possible
At the waterpolo championship ? Maybe, but I doubt of it

I remember that the sun was shining just AFTER the race in 2001, and during many days after

Last edited by Fab; 2 Apr 2003 at 12:10.
Old 2 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:555865)   #16
Javi
Veteran

The most vivid moments I remember of 2001´s race is the wonderful-messy start (Lammers´ charge, cars pitting and crahsing, the FFSA viper trapped just before the pitlane entry..) and, for sure MYSELF absolutly soaked as I made a trip to my motorhome...
I don´t know how BPR´s race in Silverstone was (BPR... such a good championship it was. I went to the Jarama 96 race), but I guess some drivers would have used boats rather than carsi f was wetter than 2001 LM...
Old 3 Apr 2003, 05:48 (Ref:556798)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
The most vivid moments I remember of 2001´s race is the wonderful-messy start (Lammers´ charge, cars pitting and crahsing, the FFSA viper trapped just before the pitlane entry..) and, for sure MYSELF absolutly soaked as I made a trip to my motorhome...
Same story for me : great start (except the first Audi far in the front), great battle, and the shower (only the private Audis suffered of it !). And how we cheered the Viper FFSA succeding to join the pits.

We left the grandstand at the worst moment to Tertre Rouge : halfway, it was Hell falling from the sky... and we went home for a WARM shower and dry clothes... I'm a coward; Ayse !
Old 3 Apr 2003, 07:09 (Ref:556861)   #18
Javi
Veteran

Well i was a coward too. I slept some time that night!!!! It was raining too much for me really, and there were too many safety cars.
I hope less sleep this year...
Old 3 Apr 2003, 07:10 (Ref:556866)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab

We left the grandstand at the worst moment to Tertre Rouge : halfway, it was Hell falling from the sky... and we went home for a WARM shower and dry clothes... I'm a coward; Ayse !
Although we weren't in the grandstand, we also made a move for Tertre Rouge about 3-4 minutes before the heavens opened. We were at the start of the funfair when the deluge started. We were drowned. Luckily we were able to nip back to Le Grand Luce for a change of clothes.....
Old 3 Apr 2003, 09:13 (Ref:556969)   #20
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Although we weren't in the grandstand, we also made a move for Tertre Rouge about 3-4 minutes before the heavens opened. We were at the start of the funfair when the deluge started. We were drowned. Luckily we were able to nip back to Le Grand Luce for a change of clothes.....
How strange. We were in the ACO grandstand, and had just wandered up to the Dunlop Chicane, I turned round saw the black clouds and said "It's going to rain in a minute." We turned round to go back to the stand, and still got drenched.

FG
Old 3 Apr 2003, 10:18 (Ref:557023)   #21
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i was coming back from tertre rouge...i sheltered under the dunlop bridge. i still can't believe what a lovely evening sunday night turned out to be!
Old 3 Apr 2003, 10:35 (Ref:557040)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Sounds like we were all in the same place, we had left the grandstand and were standing on the small path in the trees on the inside of the run to Tetre Rouge. After a while we headed down to the tunnel under the track but that was full of people taking shelter.

I must admit that not long after that we headed back to our tents to try and dry out, but I think it was a Wednesday by the time I was fully dry.
Old 3 Apr 2003, 10:51 (Ref:557049)   #23
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its my first trip to Le Mans this year and its not allowed to rain...not one drop!
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:08 (Ref:557058)   #24
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
Its my first trip to Le Mans this year and its not allowed to rain...not one drop!

thats the spirit...
Old 3 Apr 2003, 11:11 (Ref:557061)   #25
Javi
Veteran

lovely picture. I am hoping for a sunset (or is it dawn?) like this in 2003. No more "singing in the rain", please