Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2003, 22:51 (Ref:626568)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Drivers you'll miss this year.

OK, which drivers will you miss this year?

I would like to have seen Stephane Ortelli there. A great sportscar driver in any class of car.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Jun 2003 at 22:51.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:33 (Ref:626718)   #2
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the Audi guys went to Bentley, it will seem empty without them racing a full season. Everyone wanted Joest to disappear, not literally, but I miss those cats already. Or maybe I just haven't seen a decent race since March.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:46 (Ref:626724)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'm disapointed that Bentley didn't take the last two years team, even if Andy Wallace is here in the Dome...

Van de Poele is a great one, IMHO... we're gonna miss his hat...

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 12:16.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:14 (Ref:626922)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
James Weaver
Stephane Ortelli
Eric van de Poele
Jean-Marc Gounon
Yannick Dalmas
Bernd Schneider (obviously)
Old 10 Jun 2003, 11:45 (Ref:626986)   #5
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still miss Laurent Aiello
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:16 (Ref:627007)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Stephane Ortelli indeed... and Alan Mc Nish ! And... Laurent Aielo ! Remember 1998 ?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:46 (Ref:627030)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dalmas is the most obvious omission, IMO.

But I miss Bob Wollek more.....
Old 10 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:627059)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Wollek and Alboreto, yes, of course.

Also Didier Theys, Laurent Aiello, Erik Comas.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:16 (Ref:627132)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Philippe Gache : I've cheered his Speedy Mobil Gache project for the 2000/2001 races... to bad he retired so early...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:21 (Ref:627142)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Drivers you'll miss this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
OK, which drivers will you miss this year?

I would like to have seen Stephane Ortelli there. A great sportscar driver in any class of car.
Isnt Ortelli replacing Dumfries in the DBA car? I read in Autosport that he probably would. I havent heard any confirmation of this yet though.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:41 (Ref:627163)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Re: Re: Drivers you'll miss this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Isnt Ortelli replacing Dumfries in the DBA car? I read in Autosport that he probably would. I havent heard any confirmation of this yet though.
Dumfires is replaced by Caspeer Elgaard (see the team/pilots thread in the hot topics)...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 14:54 (Ref:627173)   #12
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Martin Brundle and Bernd Schneider, but still miss Bob and Michele.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:03 (Ref:627181)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Drivers you'll miss this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Dumfires is replaced by Caspeer Elgaard (see the team/pilots thread in the hot topics)...
Thanks fab. Shame Ortelli isnt in the squad for Le Mans hed have certainly boosted their chances for class victory.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:05 (Ref:627182)   #14
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me the Panoz won't be the same without Brabham behind the wheel.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 15:37 (Ref:627228)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair though, with that car, it probably wouldn't have made an awful lot of difference. Brabham is rather better of this year than for the last few......
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:35 (Ref:627288)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
How I wish, too, that current F1 drivers could fit Le Mans in, as in years of yore. OK, Schuey says it's too dangerous for him - a shame, as he was really quick last time he did LM - but Heidfeld, Frentzen, Panis, Firman, Webber would all be welcome additions to the grid.

Come to that, how many of this year's F1 drivers have sportscar experience? I reckon:

Schuey
DC
Ralf
Webber
Heidfeld
Wilson
Firman

Any others?

Oh, and I'd like to see Irv the Swerve back at LM.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:36 (Ref:627289)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
While I think about it, three current F1 testers - Wurz, Zonta, de la Rosa - have sportscar titles or LM wins to their name.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:48 (Ref:627311)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I will miss also Sebastian Bourdais, and Christan Pescatori, Matteo Bobbi and Thomas Biaggi and last but not least Anthony Kumpen.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 10 Jun 2003 at 16:51.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:55 (Ref:627316)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Mauro Baldi?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 18:36 (Ref:627416)   #20
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Krumm, he was brilliant in the "german" Audi last year.