Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Jun 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2908783)   #1
Cameron Winton
Racer

Cameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCameron Winton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where To Watch At Silverstone

well, after being involved in motorsport for around 35 years, finally going to see the Grand Prix on race day (Saw Qualifying in 86 at Brands)
never been to Silverstone either Any advice on where to watch? Becketts Complex ? Stowe? All advice gratefully received!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2908861)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cameron, I would definitely recommend trying to see the cars through Maggotts and in to Becketts. That complex shows how hard the drivers and the aero dynamics are working.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2908912)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All the places you have mentioned are good, Robin is right with the maggotts/becketts complex though.

If you have a roving ticket and are there for the weekend, use Friday and Saturday working out where the best places are, make sure you get round the whole circuit and then you can pick the spot you like best for Sunday.

As a warning the viewing spots tend to get busy very early on Sunday.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2909128)   #4
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
If you have a roving ticket and are there for the weekend, use Friday and Saturday working out where the best places are, make sure you get round the whole circuit and then you can pick the spot you like best for Sunday.

As a warning the viewing spots tend to get busy very early on Sunday.
Both great points. The old bank at Club used to fill by 6am - 7am at a push! But that's gone now, so I'll be using Friday to wander round and see where to pitch up.

The Vale Gen Admission area last year still had loads of room, and you should get a reasonable view there of end of Hanger, through Stowe and the new pit entry. Did go in it though as we had Stowe grandstand seats last year.

I want to have a look at how the general admission area now at the luffield complex to see how that is.

And Beckets!
Old 1 Jul 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2909263)   #5
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Vale Grandstand was a pretty good place to watch from last year, with views from Hangar Straight Bridge mostly uninterrupted up to The Loop. The Wing will get in the way of part of that of course (though you should still be able to see Village/Loop in the distance). That loss will be compensated for by seeing the back of the grid and the pitlane entry. The GA area should be nearly as good.

If you're on a roving ticket I very much agree with Cheryl and Robin. Have a walk round Friday/Saturday and decide where you want to be Sunday. Have a good look at Maggotts /Becketts (I've found quali best for this in the past). There's a guite wide spot on the banking more or less opposite the apex of Chapel where you can see the direction changes from just before the Maggotts turn-in point.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2909284)   #6
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you've got access to any of the stands, I'd recommend the stand at Becketts. Great view of 50 to 60% of the track. I watched the FIA GT from there and the only issue was the lack of a screen to watch what was going on around the other bits of the track as you couldn't hear the tannoy. Hopefully shouldn't be a problem for the GP though.