Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Feb 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3610372)   #1251
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've finally finished watching the entire season and reading through this entire thread and I have to say I'm disappointed in the general negativity towards V8 Supercars here.

I know the TV deal ****ed a lot of people off and sponsors leaving is undeniably a bad thing that has to be recognized but I watch a lot of racing from all over the world and V8s has become one of my top 3 series and my favorite single class series. The cars race well together and are still spectacular, the race formats vary and are interesting, the professionalism is high (low amount of pay drivers and obviously crap teams) and the television coverage is actually quite good overall. It's too bad so many from the area of the world where the cars race seem to be down on the series.

Hope to see some strong sponsor announcements soon and looking forward to Clipsal.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 04:57 (Ref:3610397)   #1252
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HEIMGARTNER SET FOR LDM V8 SUPERCARS SEAT

will withdraw from GT3 drive
Old 1 Feb 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3610424)   #1253
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, no pay driver for LDM - good stuff!
Old 1 Feb 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3610429)   #1254
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
So, no pay driver for LDM - good stuff!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Feb 2016, 08:04 (Ref:3610434)   #1255
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Makes you wonder if a, Mr Heimgartner found additional backing, or b, Mr Dumbrell offered him a cut-price deal.
Old 1 Feb 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3610524)   #1256
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Makes you wonder if a, Mr Heimgartner found additional backing, or b, Mr Dumbrell offered him a cut-price deal.
Or both!
Old 2 Feb 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3610797)   #1257
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see Andre get a seat.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3610810)   #1258
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 3 Feb 2016, 00:36 (Ref:3611084)   #1259
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 V8SC Pit lane order released today.

http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/v8-supe...it-lane-order/

I notice Mostert is listed as driving car 55, and sharing a boom with Pither in the SBR Ice Break machine.

I guess that removes PRA's choices around deciding who gets priority in pit lane.
Other notables, Lowndes (RBA Caltex) and Will D (Tekno) share pit bay 2 & Holdworth (CS) and Blanchard (BJR) share pit bay 7
Old 3 Feb 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3611086)   #1260
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
somewhat surprising that they split Frosty and Chaz, but you have to think that's a great move for this year at least.

Roland will be grumpy

Im not sure how lowndes and Will got those positions, not how it has worked in the past or even with other cars this year
Old 3 Feb 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3611088)   #1261
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Is that an SBR falcon

Lowndes lifts the covers
Old 3 Feb 2016, 00:53 (Ref:3611091)   #1262
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Is that an SBR falcon

Lowndes lifts the covers
MTAA Super from PRA as well?
Old 3 Feb 2016, 00:58 (Ref:3611093)   #1263
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
MTAA Super from PRA as well?

No no, that cant be right, only Prodrive or HRT steal other peoples sponsors

That Roland danes is a lowlife
Old 3 Feb 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3611101)   #1264
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No no, that cant be right, only Prodrive or HRT steal other peoples sponsors

That Roland danes is a lowlife
Mate Prodrive (PRA) are so bad they steal their own sponsors!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2016, 02:32 (Ref:3611108)   #1265
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was some chat yesterday that Craig had been shafted by Roland in the appointment of Grant McPherson to engineer the Giz Mobile.

Will the announcement that Ludo's on the cans for #888 change the tone?

Can't be a bad move as long as Craig can understand him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZXN-6-AzY
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 3 Feb 2016, 03:22 (Ref:3611115)   #1266
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure how Lowndes could've been shafted.

Monsoir Lacroix is one of the better tin-top engineers in the world.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 03:44 (Ref:3611125)   #1267
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same old Intra company brand rotation for DJR? No External Sponsors on board to pay for the 2nd car?

"For the most part we will be rotating through our core group of Penske brands and associated entities,” explained Story of this year’s sponsorship model."
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/02/02/...m-penske-laps/
Old 3 Feb 2016, 04:36 (Ref:3611126)   #1268
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Same old Intra company brand rotation for DJR? No External Sponsors on board to pay for the 2nd car?

"For the most part we will be rotating through our core group of Penske brands and associated entities,” explained Story of this year’s sponsorship model."
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/02/02/...m-penske-laps/
Which was one of the key reasons Penske brought the race team, so he could promote his products, why would he promote competitors
Old 3 Feb 2016, 04:56 (Ref:3611128)   #1269
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Not sure how Lowndes could've been shafted.
Me too, i don't understand the doom and gloom regarding Lowndes for 2016

They've even removed the "double stacking" with Whincup from his plans for this year... i'd argue he's got a promotion.

If Lowndes had been moved to the new pit position, but stayed in a "Red Bull" liveried car while SVG was seen in a Caltex car, would people still be getting so worked up about it?
Old 3 Feb 2016, 05:15 (Ref:3611129)   #1270
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Which was one of the key reasons Penske brought the race team, so he could promote his products, why would he promote competitors
Ummmm the sole reason Mr Pye wasn't run last year in a 2nd car from the start was because there was no external sponsorship dollars.

"The move comes after the team proved unable to find the funding to run a second car for Scott Pye"
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/18/...enske-assault/

So your post/opinion contradicts reality.

Mr Pye wasn't being run as there was no external funding in 2015 based on the article above
Mr Pye and Mr Coulthard are being run on (in the majority) internal Penske funding in 2016 judging by the statement from Mr Story in the article i posted earlier.

So question to others: Why couldn't they do the same thing last year? Would have helped setup from the start, rather than the palava that was occurring up to April?

Contradiction much?
Old 3 Feb 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3611144)   #1271
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Ummmm the sole reason Mr Pye wasn't run last year in a 2nd car from the start was because there was no external sponsorship dollars.

"The move comes after the team proved unable to find the funding to run a second car for Scott Pye"
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/12/18/...enske-assault/

So your post/opinion contradicts reality.

Mr Pye wasn't being run as there was no external funding in 2015 based on the article above
Mr Pye and Mr Coulthard are being run on (in the majority) internal Penske funding in 2016 judging by the statement from Mr Story in the article i posted earlier.

So question to others: Why couldn't they do the same thing last year? Would have helped setup from the start, rather than the palava that was occurring up to April?

Contradiction much?
while you are welcome to quote a line that is a small part of a long article and isnt a direct quote.The article talks about how the team is rebuilding and its going to take time and there is lots of work to be done

I will use this quote from Roger himself

Quote:
QUESTION: Commercial backing, at the moment do we expect that the Penske owned brands, Western Star Trucks, etcetera, will take primary backing on one car, any car or both cars?
PENSKE: Well, I would expect that. What a great billboard for our commercial companies, V8 Supercars. I’m sure you’ll see the brands that we represent in some way, shape or form on the vehicle.
You might see multiple sponsors on our car or cars as we go forward because of the relationships we have here
Remind me again of the contradiction.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3611154)   #1272
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
since we are in the mood for selective quoting, here is some choice examples from the V8SC website itself regarding Penske and Sponsorship...

"However, with sponsorship backing proving a challenge, the team dropped back to a single car for returning 2003-04 V8 Supercars champion Marcos Ambrose."

"The team's battle to be competitive, the need to find more sponsorship and the search for additional quality personnel to underpin an expansion to two cars are all factors in deciding the direction the team will take for 2016."

"Obviously that takes sponsorship as well. We are there supporting our program with key partners and our own businesses. But for us to run a second car we have to first get ourselves to where we have a good foundation to build that second car and be able to build a good business plan for it."
Old 3 Feb 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3611164)   #1273
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chaz and Frosty to run out of different garages. Commercial reasons pffft.....let's avoid the double stack.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...d88047fbcaa0d1
Old 3 Feb 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3611174)   #1274
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
I've finally finished watching the entire season and reading through this entire thread and I have to say I'm disappointed in the general negativity towards V8 Supercars here.

I know the TV deal ****ed a lot of people off and sponsors leaving is undeniably a bad thing that has to be recognized but I watch a lot of racing from all over the world and V8s has become one of my top 3 series and my favorite single class series. The cars race well together and are still spectacular, the race formats vary and are interesting, the professionalism is high (low amount of pay drivers and obviously crap teams) and the television coverage is actually quite good overall. It's too bad so many from the area of the world where the cars race seem to be down on the series.

Hope to see some strong sponsor announcements soon and looking forward to Clipsal.
Well said, as another onlooker from outside Australia, you guys have it good!
Old 4 Feb 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3611402)   #1275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Has Mr Klein purchased #21 as well?