Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1270206)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
THE most ugly car - ever?

How on earth can a company as good as Peugeot produce such an ugly car as the 307 Cabrio thing? It looks like a pig. I can't believe in this day and age, this is the best they can make of a hard top cabriolet. It rivals that last big Ford they produced. (No wonder Ford bought Jaguars) Really badly, terribly ugly.

Honestly, when designers come up with something as grotesque as that for the rest of us to be subjected to, I think they should be locked away. Along with most Volvos ever produced, as punishment.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1270229)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't hold back gfm, tell us what you really think........

It's in the eye of the beholder really, I remember when we were introduced to the Focus, now it just looks ordinary.
If you want really ugly, try a Dutton Sierra! (I had one for 8 years, great car!)
Old 4 Apr 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1270242)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't sit on the fence gfm, tell us what you really think! (great minds Mr 'bottle... )

Personally I don't think the 307 Cabrio even comes close in a world that can produce this beauty...

Apparently the head of Ford Mo Co was giving a speech on a luxury liner in dock somewhere, when he was handed a slip of paper. "The captain would like to speak to the owner of a Pontiac Aztec parked on the harbour. It isn't causing an obstruction or anything - he just wants to know what the it is."

Last edited by garcon; 4 Apr 2005 at 21:16. Reason: great minds...
Old 4 Apr 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1270297)   #4
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
still nothing like as particularly vile as the Multipla and Ceyenne!!!

wouldnt p*ss on either of them if on fire
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1270747)   #5
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by imull
still nothing like as particularly vile as the Multipla and Ceyenne!!!

wouldnt p*ss on either of them if on fire
Here - leave off the Multipla - it is a damm good attempt at being different.
Having the headlights up high gives them a much better range than most cars.

The Aztec above is definately in the top 5, but so should be the Picasso thing - talk about an over-inflated design barf. Horrible, only sells because it is cheap.

Feel better now
Old 5 Apr 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1270756)   #6
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few cars come to mind:

1) Fiat Multipla MK I
2) Daewoo Matiz
3) MB A-Class MK1
4) MCC Smart Car (you know which one!)
5) Nissan Micra (current shape)
Old 5 Apr 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1270776)   #7
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Citroen DS. I can't work out why people like them. It's horrendous from all angles.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1271694)   #8
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault Megane - please!

(And a good vote for the Multipla - I don't care about the "headlights being higher up" thing, the whole concept is **** from start to finish)
Old 6 Apr 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1271699)   #9
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Renault Megane - please!

(And a good vote for the Multipla - I don't care about the "headlights being higher up" thing, the whole concept is **** from start to finish)
Couldn't agree more about the Multipla. It's just an ugly car with confusing headlights although the Megane just got a bare pass in my book.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1271802)   #10
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd vote for the Multipla too - every time I see one I can't help feeling that it was designed by several people, each of whom was looking at different design specifications.

Then they all got together at the end and just welded the thing together, regardless of how it turned out.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1271812)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shows how subjective it all is really, I actually like the Mk1 Multipla - I'd never claim it's a good looking car, but I prefer "quirky" to "ugly"...

Some people say the 612 Scaglietti is ugly. Personally I say whip out their eyes and give them someone who'll use them properly...

As an owner of several Imprezas, I do however feel suitably qualified to say the 2001 model was particularly ugly... I remember cringing horribly when I saw the first mock up pictures of it, and it didn't get any better.

Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1271871)   #12
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then: Triumph Mayflower

Now: Kia Opirus

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1271883)   #13
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
That Kia's a bit, erm, special!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1272119)   #14
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Megane has actually grown on me.

No wonder my back is always sore.

I actually quite like it now.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1272157)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
technically a van, but the Fiat Doblo is competition for the Aztec
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:19 (Ref:1272183)   #16
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's even sadder is that all these mingers are the product of a many, many hours of thought, discussion, trial and error, and are the BEST design they could come up with.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1272399)   #17
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul V
Here - leave off the Multipla - it is a damm good attempt at being different.
Having the headlights up high gives them a much better range than most cars.
I'm sorry, but the Multipla does stand out as hideous in recent times, which is pretty impressive given some of the other horrors that have been around during it's life. I know that it's supposed to be a good car, but whenever I see one I can't help but feel the owner is lacking something. I can never quite decide if its taste or eyes. Radical can be good, but we shouldn't praise something just because it is different. The Multipla is different in a negative way!

Other cars that spring to mind are the Ford Granada Scorpio and Morgan's latest creation, but I'm sure this thread could throw up 100s of possibilities.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1272411)   #18
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a website in which people nominated what they thought was the ugliest car, along with their reason for it being the ugliest car. After you check out the cars, go ahead and vote. The results will be posted here when the contest is over (duh!). Here is the link... http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...minations.html
Old 9 Apr 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1274156)   #19
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1) Mk1 Multipla
2) Nissan Cube
Although a friend of mine says the cube is ok so it's definately in the eye of the beholder!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1274188)   #20
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
triumph acclaim 81-84. it is the only car i can think of that has not one redeming quality. terrible in every way, and most insultingly of all the last model introduced by a once great sporty company, and it was just a badge engineered honda underneath anyway.
Old 9 Apr 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1274198)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plymouth Superbird 426 Hemi

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Apr 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1274206)   #22
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Ilott
Citroen DS. I can't work out why people like them. It's horrendous from all angles.

this .. ugly ?? . NO WAY .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7-0712_IMG.jpg

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Apr 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1274699)   #23
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R
triumph acclaim 81-84. it is the only car i can think of that has not one redeming quality. terrible in every way, and most insultingly of all the last model introduced by a once great sporty company, and it was just a badge engineered honda underneath anyway.
the UK version had twin carbs unique to it and according to Honda's own internal quality audit was better made in the UK than Japan. I once scrapped one (I had written it off as I am a poor driver, downhill on ice!!!) and the bloke at the scrapyard asked me to start the engine. It's already running, I said.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, and it tends toward the average in human beings.
I am reasonably well-read and well-educated, and amongst the written output those who actually make a living out of knowing this stuff, have rarely read a single criticism of the Multipla or DS's appearance. Remember form follows function?

Last edited by Osella; 10 Apr 2005 at 13:01. Reason: humbug
Old 10 Apr 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1274868)   #24
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, no!! THIS is officially the most ugliest Citroën ever. Known as HY, or 'Le Camion'.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1274905)   #25
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Austin Allegro or Maxi