Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Singapore Grand Prix?
Sebastian Vettel 24 48.00%
Daniel Ricciardo 9 18.00%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.00%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 1 2.00%
Max Verstappen 11 22.00%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Felipe Nasr 1 2.00%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Alexander Rossi 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3575343)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Singapore Grand Prix 2015

Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3575393)   #2
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Vettel with Ric close behind. Different league those two.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3575395)   #3
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Verstappen without a doubt: started the race 1 lap behind the whole field and finished P8.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:44 (Ref:3575400)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Difficult to vote. Either Vettel for the pole-to-win, Ricciardo for another podium finish, Verstappen for his great overtakes or Nasr for his overtakes.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3575406)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
'NO' Verstappen

voted for Vettel.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 14:55 (Ref:3575408)   #6
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seb then Dan.

Max did ok but was massively helped by the safety cars and didn't really pass anyone he shouldn't have.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3575416)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Rossi.
I know others probably performed better overall, but coming in as a rookie and pasting your teammate who's been driving that car all year... bloody good job.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3575424)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for Bottas. I lost where the drivers all were after the safety cars that appeared so I can't give a 100% true judge, but the Williams isn't suited to these kind of tracks, so I thought 5th was a good result.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3575447)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was tempted to give it to old Fingerman himself - it reminded everyone of his domination at Red Bull, and Danny Boy was also superb - but I am going to give it to Verstappen for getting up to 8th(okay safety cars helped). A determined drive and some great overtakes.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3575450)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My vote of decision goes to Ricciardo.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3575457)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Daniel. 2nd place in pretty much one of the worst cars in the field. A damn good job.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3575466)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, a commanding drive.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3575469)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel - grasped his unexpected superiority and dominated.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3575475)   #14
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bernd Mayländer.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3575479)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo did one of the best races of the season, albeit the Red Bull - Renault mumbo-jumbo. That was great considering the team situation, and then gets my vote.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3575499)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it to Ricciardo this time
Old 20 Sep 2015, 21:00 (Ref:3575506)   #17
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Max Verstappen without a doubt: started the race 1 lap behind the whole field and finished P8.
Yes, but it's not like he got the lap back on merit, he was 'gifted' it due to stupid safety car rules.
Apart from that, he drove a good race indeed, but luck was on his side. At least, enough luck to undo his initial bad luck.

That aside, he did nothing really special, at least nothing that Sainz also didn't do.

--

I don't think I have many times for Vettel in the past, but this time I just have to.
I think he had more in hand if needed, while the others didn't IMO.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3575516)   #18
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't consider the RB one of the worst cars in the field, especially at Singapore. I'd say it was a very close second best, probably just a little slower than the Ferrari on the straights but slightly better in the corners.

Kyvat was also very fast, but got stuck in some traffic and then screwed in the cautions and lost positions to Nico, Lewis, Bottas, about 15-20s overall. He should have been able to do the undercut and jump Kimi and would have maybe finished 3rd.

The TR's were also very fast, as they showed at the end. On pace alone Max probably could have beaten the Mercedes. So RB/TR had those cars hooked up.

I'll give DOTR to Max. He did some nice passes and the times he wasn't in traffic was very fast, basically fastest on the track.

Second Seb, third Dani.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3575518)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tricky. In many ways it seems difficult not to give it to Vettel, but there's something tells me Riciardo put in an equally good performance. So I'll give it to DR because he's a nicer person.
Old 20 Sep 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3575551)   #20
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Difficult one to score, Vettel dominance, Ricciardo dragging that Renault lump around with him, but Max gets it, sure helped by the safety cars, but you still have to keep your head in the game, and it would have been easy to knock a wall, or another car coming through the field.

Honourable mention must go to Button for his comedy routine on the race radio,
Old 21 Sep 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3575597)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. No reason.
Old 21 Sep 2015, 10:29 (Ref:3575657)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Vettel
Old 21 Sep 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3575661)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Vettel. Pretty much flawless all weekend. Verstappen would have been in with a shout had he not ignored the team - very bad form. Honorable mentions for Ricciardo, Nasr, Sainz and Button.
Old 21 Sep 2015, 11:36 (Ref:3575680)   #24
Fro5TI
Rookie

England
South Fylde, Lanc's
Fro5TI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen - Just for being "Ballsy" (on & off track!)
Others - Button, Bottas & Sainz
Old 21 Sep 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3575683)   #25
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Verstappen would have been in with a shout had he not ignored the team - very bad form.
Tost already said Max was right to disobey those orders cause they thought Sainz would be faster on newer tires but he wasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft2g8pCBalk