Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 May 2017, 05:36 (Ref:3737554)   #1
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross R6 - Hell, Norway

55 supercars according to entry lists, looking forward to having the EuroRX supercars back out.

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...tries-revealed

I'm considering going to this event next year as flights to Trondheim are cheap from Gatwick and the circuit seems near the airport. If anyone is going this year please share your experiences
Old 31 May 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3737607)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
55 supercars according to entry lists, looking forward to having the EuroRX supercars back out.

That's a good looking entry - the EuroRX entry looks better than the WorldRX entry with a wider variety of cars.

Quote:
I'm considering going to this event next year
Probably be cheaper than Silverstone
Old 31 May 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3737624)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think if you are thinking of going to a foreign event the two Scandinavian events are probably the best bet.

The support races are better, and you will get a lot of locals with Supercars racing in ERX that would not necessarily race in France or southern Europe.

Not sire on supports, but Supernational is worth it on its own usually
Old 31 May 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3737813)   #4
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross R6 - Hell, Norway

I really think it's a shame that the 2 countries that have always been popular in Rallycross (and have loads of coverage) get the full monty while we get ripped off with half the SuperCars! IMG and FIA should be shaming themselves. And all the top teams should be shaming themselves too for letting it happen!
Old 31 May 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3737842)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is nothing they can do about it.

The ONLY peple to blaem are IMG, no-one else, it's theri decision.

You think some tracks want to have only one support class and a load of Noddy RX2 cars? It has nothing to do with them.

The teams dont care, all they care about is their result, the less cars on track the better.

Only one person to blame, as usual!!
Old 1 Jun 2017, 05:54 (Ref:3737869)   #6
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 2016 Höljes wanted all the classes and got them. This year they didn't want all the classes because they felt that it was too much work having them all and removed Touringcars.

I'm not sure how they decide but Höljes has some influence at least, maybe because of the big crowds.
Old 3 Jun 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3738414)   #7
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this weekend, leaving on Thursday after work. Must say that I am hoping that this is the year that Solberg cracks this track!

Bakkerud is from my town and obviously we took delight (and quite a few beers) in his victory last year - a repeat performance would be wonderful for him and the championship.
Old 4 Jun 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3738680)   #8
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm considering going to this event next year as flights to Trondheim are cheap from Gatwick and the circuit seems near the airport. If anyone is going this year please share your experiences
Been there in 2012. Airport is really close to the track. Track is cool. Only thing i didnt like was that you are sitting far from the track.and not so much places to spectate. I prefer Holjes.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3740300)   #9
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Any thoughts on Bakkeruds block on Solberg?

Looked to me like he wanted to try it again in the final but backed out when Kristoffersson was too far ahead.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3740315)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
First time this season I saw full live coverage. I enjoyed the event.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3740341)   #11
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Bakkerud really made an ass of himself. It's true this is somewhat of a contact sport, but to make plans to run a competitor off the track and then be stupid enough to gloat about it on live TV is just plan unsportsmanlike.

Luckily, Solberg is still in third place in the championship, so he won't do anything stupid. Bakkerud seems to be under the impression that Petter is incapable of paying him back.

Bakkerud is even from my home town, but I'm certainly no supporter anymore.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3740342)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
He has been the dirtiest driver in WRX for some time now.

Was this on today?

Sorry must have missed it, there is starting to be a rather obvious detraction from WRX among a few people on FB groups I am in I am afraid.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3740346)   #13
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
The morals of the move is pretty low but to be honest he probably was within the rules. Maybe they should change it so drivers aren't allowed to block others and hindering their way just to ruin their race.

I think it is even worse that the spotter said it was a planned tactic and then later Bakkerud said that it was slippery and so he couldn't make the turn, forcing him to take the joker. There is no way that he planned to make the corner, lockup the brakes, then decide for the joker and then also be in an advantage position in the joker with Solberg's Polo going full throttle in the there.
Old 11 Jun 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3740350)   #14
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mattias Ekstrom #1, €3000 fine for use of unapproved tyres during practice.
Timo Scheider #44, €500 fine for breach of parc ferme regulations in Q3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk