Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jul 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3749634)   #251
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3749647)   #252
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Regardless of what the cost is, does the lease/ownership of the cars mean BMR are obliged to run the existing chassis'?
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3750031)   #253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think basically it's the end of the 11 season run of Plato still being in the title fight at the final meeting of the season. Ash is the one who can drive the car best, so the team needs to be behind him from now on
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3750145)   #254
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willy Pool built the Levorg Chassis (chassis as in shell and roll cage).

Each car was north of £60K just for that work alone (not including the shell supply).
Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3750212)   #255
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Don't forget this is not the old days of 'manufacturer teams', the likes of BMR are trying to be manufacturer teams on independent team budgets. This all looks good value and glossy when the car maker is a getting a 'works team' for the cost of a few shells, parts and paying the entry fee, where it starts to unravel is when the team can't afford to replace cars that are too accident damaged to keep competitive.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3750254)   #256
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My money is firmly on JP departing BMR. I strongly suspect a big breakdown in relationship between he and Mr Scott, possibly initially becoming fractious after the Oulton coming together with Colin - I think Plato wanted blood there and then, he was not a happy bunny. Not to mention the unsubtle "sack him suggestion" (call it what you will) to dump Aron at Brands in 2015.

Further I don't believe Plato and Ian Harrison were on each others Christmas card lists, and that rescue by Scott seems to have finished the finances.

Maybe this is me being too simplistic, but the other option if a new car was too expensive surely would have been to swap Plato and Prices cars would it not? Or does the young man bring funds so vital to BMR they dare not upset the apple cart?

Damn good job Ash Sutton is such a hot prospect - him at the front is their best chance of attracting new sponsorship I think... assuming JP and his backers decamp elsewhere.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3750257)   #257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
My money is firmly on JP departing BMR. I strongly suspect a big breakdown in relationship between he and Mr Scott, possibly initially becoming fractious after the Oulton coming together with Colin - I think Plato wanted blood there and then, he was not a happy bunny. Not to mention the unsubtle "sack him suggestion" (call it what you will) to dump Aron at Brands in 2015.

Further I don't believe Plato and Ian Harrison were on each others Christmas card lists, and that rescue by Scott seems to have finished the finances.

Maybe this is me being too simplistic, but the other option if a new car was too expensive surely would have been to swap Plato and Prices cars would it not? Or does the young man bring funds so vital to BMR they dare not upset the apple cart?

Damn good job Ash Sutton is such a hot prospect - him at the front is their best chance of attracting new sponsorship I think... assuming JP and his backers decamp elsewhere.

Bit cynical there, but I can sorta see where you are coming from with those points
Old 12 Jul 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3750801)   #258
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to dredge up the Subaru issue again. Read an interesting Q and A with Rob Austin on the dreaded friendface earlier tonight and he made some slightly off the wall remarks about the Subaru situation. Basically suggesting that Sutton us benefiting from more boost than Plato. Can't say I noticed really, but I guess he's in the best position to see these things. Here is the link if anyone is interested https://m.facebook.com/groups/316615...50695128431478

Be warned there is quite a lot of drivel to scan through!
Old 13 Jul 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3750872)   #259
S griffin
Veteran

In today's Autosport there's an article by Matt James, in which he says Plato is struggling with the turn in, while Sutton is managing fine. Maybe that does suggest something is wrong with the car, but it's still an amazing fall from grace by Plato
Old 13 Jul 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3750895)   #260
Tracsmart
Rookie

Tracsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rounds 13, 14, 15 - Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
In today's Autosport there's an article by Matt James, in which he says Plato is struggling with the turn in, while Sutton is managing fine. Maybe that does suggest something is wrong with the car, but it's still an amazing fall from grace by Plato
What amazes me is that with the sophistication in todays equipment we use in the crash repair industry. Body jigs are able not only to identify where there is any misalignment but how much correction is required. This applies to either laser jigs or jigs requiring brackets for measurement.
The fact that touring cars have a separate front and rear sub frame assemblies would make no difference in enabling any misalignment to be identified.
Mysterious!
Old 13 Jul 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3750903)   #261
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you don't want to hurt Suttons chances, why can't they swap Plato and Price? Would that not show the issue?
Old 13 Jul 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3750905)   #262
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If you don't want to hurt Suttons chances, why can't they swap Plato and Price? Would that not show the issue?
Why should they? Price has paid for a straight car not a bent one. In testing it doesn't really matter but for the actual meetings it would be grossly unfair to Price to do that and I have no doubt that JP would think the same.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3750913)   #263
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, it's been a difficult start for Price, it would have been worse to be given a bent one, as he is slowly improving
Old 14 Jul 2017, 06:42 (Ref:3751089)   #264
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Why should they? Price has paid for a straight car not a bent one. In testing it doesn't really matter but for the actual meetings it would be grossly unfair to Price to do that and I have no doubt that JP would think the same.
I'm not saying they should, I'm saying if everyone is so absolutely sure that it can't possible be anything but a bent car, and Sutton is looking at race wins, then the option they have is swap Plato and Price chassis for a weekend and see what happens.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3751146)   #265
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
"Hello mate, you know that drive you're paying four hundred grand for?"

"Yeah."

"We think one of the cars is no good, so we're going to swap you into that one - OK?"

"Sure, no problem!"
Old 14 Jul 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3751165)   #266
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spare chassis having work done over at Team HARD - https://twitter.com/tonygilham34/sta...51115400691714
Old 14 Jul 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3751169)   #267
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
"Hello mate, you know that drive you're paying four hundred grand for?"

"Yeah."

"We think one of the cars is no good, so we're going to swap you into that one - OK?"

"Sure, no problem!"
"Hey mate. We know you're paying for a drive, but this is a team effort and we need your help. Jason insists the car is bent. Can we swap it over for a practice session or two at the next event and see what you think?"

The team has 3 bloody cars and they still don't appear to be able give Jason a run in a car that doesn't have his sticker on it. At some point you've got to start questioning if something else is going on. It should not take this long to even determine if the car is broken, or give someone else a run in it.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3751172)   #268
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Spare chassis having work done over at Team HARD - https://twitter.com/tonygilham34/sta...51115400691714
Insignia in the back too.

Knowing that Gilham wanted to expand to 4 TBLs / cars this year (I believe Gow(?) said no) and that a few teams have cars needing replacing or heavy repairing, could we see HARD expand for the rest of this season or next?
Old 14 Jul 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3751189)   #269
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
"Hey mate. We know you're paying for a drive, but this is a team effort and we need your help. Jason insists the car is bent. Can we swap it over for a practice session or two at the next event and see what you think?"

"Are you serious mate? It works out at forty grand a weekend. Do you want to give that back to me. It's disappointing you are not taking our contract more seriously and this is a big blow to me. Maybe I think about that offer I had from XYZ team after all?"
Old 14 Jul 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3751225)   #270
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The team has 3 bloody cars and they still don't appear to be able give Jason a run in a car that doesn't have his sticker on it. At some point you've got to start questioning if something else is going on. It should not take this long to even determine if the car is broken, or give someone else a run in it.
What good would it be letting Plato run in a different car. It might prove that there is a problem with his own car, but they already know that.

It won't tell them anything they didn't already know and won't go any way to fixing the problem
Old 14 Jul 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3751227)   #271
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
What good would it be letting Plato run in a different car. It might prove that there is a problem with his own car, but they already know that.

It won't tell them anything they didn't already know and won't go any way to fixing the problem
That was what the team suggested earlier this year - he'd get a run in another car. That was quietly shelved after Sutton closed the championship gap. If they are worried about hurting Suttons chances then there is another car in the team. Pay driver or not, it really isn't beyond the team to run it for a couple of free practice sessions.

Or maybe Jason isn't the star he once was, and isn't worth trying to hang onto.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3751241)   #272
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Looks like the guy in the background is doing something to the Insignia too, Wonder what they will do with it.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3751246)   #273
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pay driver or not, it really isn't beyond the team to run it for a couple of free practice sessions.
Drivers are only allowed to drive one chassis per weekend, so that can't happen. There's no reason why they couldn't have swapped during a test session though.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3751253)   #274
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
Looks like the guy in the background is doing something to the Insignia too, Wonder what they will do with it.
Erm I'm sure that's a 2013 photo. I stand to be corrected of course!
Old 14 Jul 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3751262)   #275
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

One of the most sensible post on here.

If he tries another car and goes better, what do they do then?

If he tries another car and doesn't go better, what do they do then?