Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Aug 2000, 13:02 (Ref:28059)   #1
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Short and sweet: who's going where next season?
Old 3 Aug 2000, 21:34 (Ref:28154)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there meant to be a second Bettenhausen car?
What about Alex?
What about a second Morris Nunn car?
Old 3 Aug 2000, 22:19 (Ref:28168)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya's going to F1 Williams.
Johnny Herbert's going to PacWest.
Mark Blundell's going home.
Zanardi's going back to Target [TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS!].If he doesn't, then Buddy Rice.
Memo Gidley will get a ride with someone.

Otherwise I think everybody will stay where they are.
Old 3 Aug 2000, 22:49 (Ref:28176)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok then, who is going to be rookie of the year in 2001?
Old 4 Aug 2000, 03:02 (Ref:28233)   #5
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Player's is giving Patrick the next two races before deciding on weather to retain his services. The rumour is that he could be replaced by Paul Tracy.

Quote:
Player's has decided to wait a couple more races before deciding whether or not to sign Carpentier for next season.
"Patrick missed three races earlier this season with a wrist injury. This delayed our evaluation" explained Mr. Bob Bexon, president of Imperial Tobacco in an interview to the Journal de Montreal. "This is not a vote of non confidence towards Patrick. He is having a good season, possibly his best to date, we only need more time to complete our decision." said Mr. Bexon. "We want to see Patrick's results in the next two races in Mid-Ohio and Elkhart Lake before deciding if he (Patrick) is our man to lead us to the CART championship in the next two years at the latest."
Old 4 Aug 2000, 05:00 (Ref:28245)   #6
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi/Andretti at Newman/haas HAHAHAHA!! Andretti would never let that happen (Although there are rumors of AZ going to N/H)

There have been rumors of an Andretti Racing team being formed with Mario heading it...but I think Michael still has a year left with Newman/Haas...or maybe two, I haven't kept up on things lately....

AR
Old 4 Aug 2000, 10:52 (Ref:28278)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see Andretti and Zanardi together - and I can almost see Zanardi saying "Yes, I will come back from sabbatical to play dead whenever Mikey tells me to and guarantee myself I will not win races much less the Championship."

Um, I think he just did that at Williams.

I'd heard Mikey and Mario were going to have a NASCAR team. Is that true?
Old 5 Aug 2000, 04:12 (Ref:28458)   #8
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I've never heard the rumor about NASCAR, but like I stated before, I have heard them teaming up for open-wheel. I honestly couldn't see them getting into NASCAR. Neither have truly been in it, although Mario tried it out a few times, as did most every open-wheel star of his generation.

I just read today about N/H going to a one-car effort and that Fittipaldi is rumored to be staying with N/H. Maybe, just maybe, we'll be seeing Andretti Racing next year???

But with the kind of power Michael seems to have at N/H, I just couldn't see him going anywhere else. They're a top of the line team and he has a lot of power, what else could he want? Oh, I suppose he could want more $$$$$ Which would be possible if he were a part owner I suppose. Only time will tell

AR
Old 5 Aug 2000, 11:46 (Ref:28479)   #9
Liz
Veteran

I'd like to see Mario run a team. Even better I'd like to see him run CART, though; if he has his own team, that probably won't happen, eh?

Maybe it's easier to get a NASCAR franchise than a CART one, seeing there are limited places on the CART grid; but if what you say is true, that they'll go to a one car effort and take over the existing NH team, that could explain it.

Incidentally, is Forsythe going to bring back that car they tried to run and couldn't get a franchise for? Anybody know?
Old 5 Aug 2000, 16:42 (Ref:28532)   #10
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are no franchises in Nascar, so in that sense it is "easier." But, about 4-5 cars get sent home each week in Nascar, where (right now at least) everyone who can make a lap at x% of the pole gets a spot.