Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Sep 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2959320)   #76
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The Robertsons future is uncertain, sponsorship or pay drivers maybe easier to come by if they were competing for their own prize in GTE-Am.
How?
Old 21 Sep 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2959321)   #77
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
How?
Giving pay drivers a realistic chance to compete for wins or podiums might be attractive. I agree about sponsorship though, to get corporate sponsors that aren't affiliated with gentleman drivers you need to be in the main class.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2959334)   #78
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AF Corse, IMSA Matmut, Felbermayer etc. run additional Am cars, without such income some of those teams may not have funds to run a Pro car. You bridge the gap between the sharp end of GTE and GTC and retain gentleman drivers who may be tempted by GT3 or GA.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2959341)   #79
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there are potential advantages and disadvantages to adding GTE-Am to the ALMS, but ultimately there must be enough interest in both Am and Pro to justify going that route. Adding another 3-4 car class to GT/GTE-Pro and GTC will just make things more confusing. As of right now, maybe Robertson, Neiman, the Millers, and maybe Ed Brown (although his car would not have been eligible for Am this year) would be interested in a GTE-Am class, but that probably isn't enough to justify it unless others want to join in. I'm not sure if many teams would want to abandon the financial security of GTC to join GTE-Am. Maybe Am would work if GTC was eliminated, but that would still probably end with a net loss of cars and I don't think the ALMS would be happy about that.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2959369)   #80
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon the Am class is brilliant .
Old 22 Sep 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2959415)   #81
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not see this earlier, but Raphael Matos will be in the Risi car. Also, Collard will be in the Miller Porsche.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2959440)   #82
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
How?
In the AM class , they stand a lot more chance of getting a win , plus leading the class which may get more coverage as its a seperate class , plus the car would not be the latest spec chassis .
Old 22 Sep 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2959442)   #83
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
The car numbers on the entry list are a bit odd. Autocon and Genoa are running 9s in front of their regular number as expected, but Risi has a 0 (062). I guess they did not want to be 962! I don't know why they changed the numbering from Sebring, although I think it makes sense to not at a 0 when it is not needed. I don't know why 0s became 9s in some cases though.
One suggestion on the Americanlemansfans forum is that three-digit numbers starting with 9 are clearer when spoken over the radio by race officials, marshals/corner workers etc during incidents than three-digit numbers starting with 0?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2959538)   #84
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the 908 ORECA won't be part of the three "fired" cars of the entrylist(58 on entry, only 53 accepted)
Old 22 Sep 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2959540)   #85
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I thought the fired cars would be GTC only?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2959548)   #86
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I thought the fired cars would be GTC only?

In fact I have no idea what class(es) will be targeted
Old 22 Sep 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2959564)   #87
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having to fire cars of a championship round where they are legitimatly entered is a shame, and should never happen.

IMO it should be clear from the begining that GTC championship does not include ALMS/LMIC combined race. Let's face it, the class is a grid filler by intention, so it should not be in the equation when the grid is full...
Old 22 Sep 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2959568)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We've lost two cars even before the first practice. I'll go out on a limb and say that by the time the green waves next Saturday, "natural attrition" will get us close to, if not under 53.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2959570)   #89
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All ACO cars (and unclassified if there were any) go to the front of the queue - its just LMPC/GTC that need to qualify.

Latest entry list has 58 cars, 53 to start.
8 LMPC cars, 7 GTC & only 10 grid slots (it hasn't been explicitly stated, but I would guess that will get split down the middle with 5 each)
Old 22 Sep 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2959582)   #90
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We've lost two cars even before the first practice. I'll go out on a limb and say that by the time the green waves next Saturday, "natural attrition" will get us close to, if not under 53.
That's what I've been saying. Every year one or two cars have been lost from the time of the first test session to race day. Surprisingly the diesels have had their fair share of wrecked cars, it's just that they have the resources to get a new one by race day. They might as well start all 58 cars anyways, because the Jags won't last long enough to make a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
8 LMPC cars, 7 GTC & only 10 grid slots (it hasn't been explicitly stated, but I would guess that will get split down the middle with 5 each)
I've been looking at the list and trying to figure out which cars will get cut. I think the 11, 68, and 77 are most likely from GTC, and in LMPC the 36 and 52 cars aren't full season participants, plus the 18 is usually slow. so if they have to get in based on a q'ing speed they might be out, but they are a full season entry, so we'll see.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2959590)   #91
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
In the AM class , they stand a lot more chance of getting a win , plus leading the class which may get more coverage as its a seperate class , plus the car would not be the latest spec chassis .

More coverage? Sure a couple of mentions. Enough to warrant sponsors dropping hundreds of thousands +.... no chance. The PRO teams are upset about the level of coverage (to provide value to sponsors) they typically receive compared to the LMP teams, and somehow we believe that the AM teams will suddenly receive enough coverage to justify sponsorship?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2959626)   #92
The Badger
Veteran

Look ..... if the programme manager is doing his job properly , they would stand a better chance of getting coverage running in the top places in AM than running in 11th in GT ..... right or wrong ?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2959629)   #93
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to autohebdo (french), Peugeot will be testing ahead of PLM on Sunday 25 & Monday 26.

I suppose they wont be alone. Has Audi planned anything?
Old 22 Sep 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2959672)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
According to autohebdo (french), Peugeot will be testing ahead of PLM on Sunday 25 & Monday 26.

I suppose they wont be alone. Has Audi planned anything?
There are official track test sessions on those days. So I expect at least a few dozen cars (if not more) to be seeing action then. The big question is whether or not timing and scoring will be active those days. I can't remember if it was last year, but if it isn't it will likely be active on the test session on Wednesday the 28th.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2959726)   #95
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure Audi will be hoping they don't destroy as many tubs as last year during the week.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2959729)   #96
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm sure Audi will be hoping they don't destroy as many tubs as last year during the week.
Considering also that last year they had to use the LM-winning tub in the end, this year's LM winner is now doing press trackdays at Magny-Cours...
Old 22 Sep 2011, 21:42 (Ref:2959746)   #97
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Look ..... if the programme manager is doing his job properly , they would stand a better chance of getting coverage running in the top places in AM than running in 11th in GT ..... right or wrong ?
The ALMS does a pretty good job trying to get all the classes some airtime, but running up front in a class is not a guarantee. For example, I don't think Level 5 gets much coverage. They would get some coverage if there were legitimate competition in LMP2, but not if there is only 1 or 2 cars. The same would be true with GTE-Am so if it is under consideration, the ALMS has to make sure there is sufficient interest. Maybe a solution here would be to eliminate GTC and to balance GTC Porsches to GTE-Am speed for a year or two to protect the GTC team's investment while keeping the GTE-Am car counts high, but the ALMS might just prefer to keep GTC going as is.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2959806)   #98
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The final driver line-up may be announced tomorrow.
The Robertson Racing line-up for Petit Le Mans will be; Andrea Robertson/Melanie Snow and David Murry.
Old 23 Sep 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2959861)   #99
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Switcheroo at OAK Racing, Jacques Nicolet moves to the team's LMP2 entry and JF Yvon remains in the #24 car, conditional on race position probably though, since he's joined by the two guys who plonked the car on the podium at Silverstone, Olivier Pla and Alex Prémat.

https://www.facebook.com/EnduranceIn...50380121105428
Old 23 Sep 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2959951)   #100
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see Kauffman is in GTE-AM and bringing out the 430 instead of the 458 for Petit with no Waltrip but Justin Bell. Mikey's two big sponsors (Aarron & Napa) are based in Atlanta and I'd thought he'd be in the race. Now I have to find someone else to heckle.