Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2189788)   #1
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Driver Experience

A few comments in recent threads got me thinking. Are there any active drivers in ALMS, LMS, FIA GT and the like who have experience in the WSPC or the Nurburgring 1000km (pre-1984 of course)? Apparently, Jan Lammers was in the 1983 Nurburgring 1000km. I haven't heard anything, so I wasn't sure if Hans Stuck has ever climbed back into the cockpit after his crash last year, I think.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 05:43 (Ref:2189792)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
A few comments in recent threads got me thinking. Are there any active drivers in ALMS, LMS, FIA GT and the like who have experience in the WSPC or the Nurburgring 1000km (pre-1984 of course)? Apparently, Jan Lammers was in the 1983 Nurburgring 1000km. I haven't heard anything, so I wasn't sure if Hans Stuck has ever climbed back into the cockpit after his crash last year, I think.
Herr Stuck is down to contest the Nurburgring 24 Hours for VW this year (as is Frank Jelinski)

Stefan Johansson comes to mind - Marc Duez too (Spa 24 Hours) and Mr Terada of course!

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 29 Apr 2008 at 05:47.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2189794)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I was going to mention Wallace and Nielsen ..... but your pushing it by mentioning the year .

To be honest .... I cant think of any , at least in ALMS ,LMS & Lm etc .

There is still some brilliant elder drivers still doing the rounds ...... I just thought of one . Didint Stephan Johansson drive for Joest in 1983 ..... 956 Marlboro .

And another quick look says .....

Theys-Horag RS Spyder

Terada -Terrramos Courage LC70

Alain Ferte - Ferrari F430 Fia Gt ..... Aucott/JMB for LM .
Old 29 Apr 2008, 05:51 (Ref:2189795)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Herr Stuck is down to contest the Nurburgring 24 Hours for VW this year (as is Frank Jelinski)

Stefan Johansson comes to mind - Marc Duez too (Spa 24 Hours) and Mr Terada of course!
Jelinski ..... now there's a name from the past . What a brilliant driver he was , especially in that beuatiful Jagermeister Brun Motorsport 962 that he shared with Boutsen at Spa 1986 ..... classic battle .

Whats he bin doing all these years ?
Old 29 Apr 2008, 06:12 (Ref:2189802)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The 1984 thing only applies to the Nurburgring, since the last 1000km on the Nordschleife was in 1983.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2190158)   #6
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jurgen Von Gartzen is driving Matech Ford GTs?

he was more touring though, right?