Old 5 May 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4049766)   #2101
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And one reason they talked about it was that the sky team also went on to laugh about how Hamilton might be wrong about that because his lap times were very good. I believe he set the fastest lap not long after he moaned about the tyres being “pretty shot”! Bottas didn’t.
Yes. After Hamilton displayed good pace despite his "shot tyres", Crofty or Brundle said something to the effect of:

"When Hamilton says 'pretty shot' it must be code word for 'the tyres are doing fine'. And something like 'the tyres are wasted' must mean that he actually needs to box."

All said with humour of course.
Old 5 May 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4049869)   #2102
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I have access to Sky F1 I gave up watching it because of the endless drivel being churned out, much prefer C4 but wish Ben Edwards and Karun Chandhok were back. The Netflix series "Drive to Survive" shown late at night on Sky F1 were most entertaining if only for the number of profanities from Guenther Steiner!
Old 8 May 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4050300)   #2103
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Radio coverage-related, but it's a pleasure to hear Ben Edwards on BBC Five Live Sports Extra this morning.
Old 8 May 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4050301)   #2104
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it’s been good to hear his voice again. No offence to Mr Nicholls, but Ben is still the best commentator and is as good as ever
Old 8 May 2021, 20:20 (Ref:4050393)   #2105
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Watched Barcelona Q last night (Oz time) - really did think that "the squeaky screamer" (Croft) was going to have a seizure of some kind the way he carried on when Hamilton got his 100th pole.

For us, it is Sky coverage or nothing, so Croft is unavoidable but I find that it helps to have the volume control handy!
Old 8 May 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4050402)   #2106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really don’t remember Crofty at that point. Watch James Allen and Button winning in Hungary for his first win and we’ll talk annoying.
Old 8 May 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4050411)   #2107
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Allen was always annoying!

One really good thing about the sky coverage this weekend in no Kravitz.
Old 9 May 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4050507)   #2108
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button is doing a good job during the pre race imo. Expectedly, he brings a unique insight.

Wonder if he could do race commentary one day.
Old 9 May 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4050511)   #2109
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Watched Barcelona Q last night (Oz time) - really did think that "the squeaky screamer" (Croft) was going to have a seizure of some kind the way he carried on when Hamilton got his 100th pole.

For us, it is Sky coverage or nothing, so Croft is unavoidable but I find that it helps to have the volume control handy!
Crofty's getting more and more like Fudley Talker and I watch the whole race with the sound turned right down.
Old 9 May 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4050512)   #2110
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I tune into BBC Five Live for today's race, as I don't have Sky, can I expect to hear Ben Edwards?
Old 9 May 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4050602)   #2111
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I’m missing Ted!
Old 9 May 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4050606)   #2112
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
When I tune into BBC Five Live for today's race, as I don't have Sky, can I expect to hear Ben Edwards?

My question was answered by Ben Edwards doing the commentary on Radio 5 Live and it was infinitely better. I thought he and Palmer worked quite well.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4050607)   #2113
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Button is doing a good job during the pre race imo. Expectedly, he brings a unique insight.

Wonder if he could do race commentary one day.
Been there and done that.

He joined the ITV comms box during BAR's two race ban in 2005. He was fantastic.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4050611)   #2114
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I’m missing Ted!
Me too.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4050621)   #2115
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Been there and done that.

He joined the ITV comms box during BAR's two race ban in 2005. He was fantastic.
No recollection on that. Well remembered!
Old 9 May 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4050623)   #2116
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
No recollection on that. Well remembered!
Pretty damning indictment of my life that I remember it tbh.
Old 9 May 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4050625)   #2117
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Pretty damning indictment of my life that I remember it tbh.
Or of mine if i cant remember!
Old 9 May 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4050677)   #2118
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure it was just Monaco he did

If I was Ted Kravitz, I'd take this race off too!

(As well as Singapore and Abu Dhabi )
Old 9 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4050685)   #2119
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah it was just Monaco.

And what a race that was.
Old 9 May 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4050686)   #2120
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So...
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Could be worse, you could have been tuned in to BBC radio 5 live.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
No, they didn't have Kravitz :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
It seems to be a qualification for Sky non ex driver staff - very pleased with themselves -
But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
I’m missing Ted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Me too.
What to do?
Old 10 May 2021, 08:44 (Ref:4050791)   #2121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Button did Monaco and he actually admitted on his Beyond the Grid podcast he almost turned up late due to a night on the booze, I think in Cannes

Anyone else notice the error C4 sometimes made when they went to a break, when they claimed it was round 3 in Portugal and showed old Portuguese GP footage?
Old 10 May 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4050857)   #2122
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Button did Monaco and he actually admitted on his Beyond the Grid podcast he almost turned up late due to a night on the booze, I think in Cannes
Really?

God that is so unprofessional. James Hunt will be spinning in his grave.
Old 10 May 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4050893)   #2123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Really?

God that is so unprofessional. James Hunt will be spinning in his grave.
Ah well, at least Nikita can learn from that how to do it properly.....
Old 10 May 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4050933)   #2124
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah well, at least Nikita can learn from that how to do it properly.....
Drinking or spinning? ?
Old 11 May 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4051028)   #2125
S griffin
Veteran

Depends if it’s spinning a car or doing PR spin

Tags
pinks