Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2994691)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Wolds Trophy

Wolds Trophy
Old 4 Mar 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3034913)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ticket booked.
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...ell%202012.pdf

Can't wait
Old 4 Mar 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3034926)   #3
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite meeting. Will be there for the weekend spectating.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3035360)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be a great meeting. For those thinking about it, some period photos here by Mike Dixon from the circuit in the great days of the 1-litre screamers and the 1600's. Cadwell is pretty much unchanged, looks tidier today though and there is more run-off, the farmhouse and barn has gone too, but these never were in the spectator areas. Best circuit in the country.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...39#post3035339
Old 5 Mar 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3035395)   #5
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
Should be a great meeting. For those thinking about it, some period photos here by Mike Dixon from the circuit in the great days of the 1-litre screamers and the 1600's. Cadwell is pretty much unchanged, looks tidier today though and there is more run-off, the farmhouse and barn has gone too, but these never were in the spectator areas. Best circuit in the country.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...39#post3035339
Fantastic photos. Thanks to Mike and Andrew. I love the HSCC meeting at Cadwell because the cars and the circuit go together so well. It really does take you back to a bygone era and I'd recommend it any motorsport fan.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3058322)   #6
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the finals & the Historic Touring Cars have been split up again. Unlike Donington, this time the 1600's have been put into the big boys race, ouch! Don't expect to see any heroics from me unless it's raining of course!!!!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3058359)   #7
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With 44 entries at Donington, 41 at Cadwell and 36 already entered for the May meeting in 5 weeks time HSCC/HRSR must be offering something that's wanted in Historic Touring Car racing.
Look forward to seeing you there on the Sunday, Paul.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3058362)   #8
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps its value for money racing,with "proper" racing cars.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3058380)   #9
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, better get my entry in for Silverstone
Robyn, only if you can keep up
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3058594)   #10
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there in Historic Roadsports - the Elan just loves the swooping and a diving at Cadwell! Let's hope it's good weather.

Paul
Old 18 Apr 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3061268)   #11
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never been there with the Falcon before...should be interesting...if I can get in front and keep it sideways that is
Old 18 Apr 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3061339)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
That is definitely possible, Jon with a powerful car off the line as the circuit is so narrow nimbler cars can't get by on the twisty bits. A few years back I had the dents in the rear panels to prove it.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3061466)   #13
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ain't necessarily so - I had an Imp came past me in Hall Bends. He still made it round the hairpin, surprised me so much I nearly fell off myself!
Old 18 Apr 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3061483)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is an odd circuit, where something small and fwd can really annoy a big powerful rwd car.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3061568)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I remember a right old Ding dong between Dan and Graham in 2004 . . . Anglebox vs MK2 Jag, Dan tried the grass route to get round but ultimately the Jag was 12ft wide
Old 18 Apr 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3061649)   #16
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to it. Not been for a few years and that time was in a Triumph TR7V8 in the CSCC Future Classics series.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3061711)   #17
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's the Well at Cadwell? We might find out this weekend.....

I seem to remember it snowed on the FF's 2nd lap 3-4 years ago...

Miserable? Me? I looooove Cadwell
Old 19 Apr 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3061876)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous circuit in a fantatric setting and JP has done a great job of tidying it up without spoiling it. Long may it stay that way; probably my favourite track to spectate at. Hoping to be there on Sunday.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3062039)   #19
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't want to worry you, but...

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...ail/story.html

(hope it's ok to post that link)
Old 19 Apr 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3062098)   #20
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Yeah, I think it's Mansfield he's going to change. Down the hill from the Gooseneck I think he's going to extend the track a few yards then put a tight left 135 degree bend then a right to rejoin the bottom straight. He's trying to save costs by 'standardising' all the MSV circuits.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3062202)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
do I read that right? 'standardise'? if thats the case then we may as well race the M25 on a Sunday morning for all the variety it'll bring

even scalextric have a variation in their curve radius
Old 20 Apr 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3062783)   #22
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Hoping to be there on Sunday.
Bring some decent weather with you John.
Hope to bump into you Sunday.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3063083)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly looks though I won't be able to make it now, so looking forward to your photos!
Old 21 Apr 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3063112)   #24
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly can't make it myself either John. I was hoping to go but got a last minute call to do time-keeping at Donington for the weekend so I'm there at the moment (Britcar etc). Missing the Wolds Trophy though.

Gary
Old 21 Apr 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3063262)   #25
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just got home, I can honestly say I've never been to Cadwell went its been that soggy, and I have been there when its been *VERY* soggy in the past (see thehail mentioned above, I attended!)

Classic Clubmans was won by Mark Charteris in a Mallock Mk21, the Historic Formula Ford 2000 race was stopped early due to hail (again), the dip on Park Straight flooded and became too dangerous to race on. Nelson Rowe (Reynard SF79) was leading at the time and the result was declared unofficial pending a re-run at the end of the day (more of which later). Thunder and lightning was in the air for the Classic Racing Cars race but despite a Safety Car intervention early on, Ian Jones won in his Lotus 59 before the hail started briefly again.

Reigning Historic Roadsports Champion Paul Tooms dominated the race from lights to flag in his Lotus Elan, lapping most of the field in the changeable conditions. Simon Toyne emerged from the drizzle and gloom to win the HSCC Historic Formula Ford race in his Lola T200, but inherited the win after Callum Grant and David Wild took eachother off battling for the lead at Park on the last lap. Julian Barter (TVR) defeated his father Charles (Datsun) in the race-long batter for the lead in 70s Roadsports, Julian managing the traffic slightly better.

As the rain intensified, Jamie Brayshaw tiptoed through the puddles to win the Classic F3 race in his March 793. However, the track became more and more wet, and during the green-flag lap for the Historic Touring Cars (Under 1300cc), a Mini and an Imp went off on standing water on the Park straight. A delay for around an hour while Marshals tried their best to get the track raceable, but another shower didn't help. The problem areas were the dip in the Park Straight, and rivers running across the Gooseneck and The Mountain. As the curfew loomed, it was decided to abandon the rest of the days track activity (HTC U1300cc race, Historic F3, Historic FF2000 rerun nd HTC Over 1300cc Qually). A shame but a very sensible decision.

Once I go through my photos, I'll get them up.

Quick snap on the iPhone from Qually though, and yes it was that dark....

Last edited by medius; 21 Apr 2012 at 19:27.