Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Apr 2004, 15:40 (Ref:939544)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spa paddock help.

I've just been given some instructions regarding the paddock at Spa. It refers to the popular "Shopping Centre" paddock.

I just wondered which bit of the paddock this is. I can't find a reference to it anywhere on the 'net.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 16:22 (Ref:939587)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can find it on the map on the Spa 6hrs website. Link through from my "news" page.

Essentially the paddock is on the outside of the circuit behind the tribunes just before Eau Rouge. You turn right into it before you get to the tunnel entrance under the track.

The view of Eau Rouge from there is possibly the best.

Hope that helps.
Old 14 Apr 2004, 17:51 (Ref:939672)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here's a link.

http://www.motorclassic.com/spa/access2.html

Its the blue area marked on this map.
Attached Thumbnails
paddockspa.jpg  
Old 14 Apr 2004, 21:06 (Ref:939818)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it would be youi Peter who helped. Thanks

Anyway, I see why they used the word "popular" this actually means "not as good as last year"!

On the plus side IIRC it affords a decent view of Eau Rouge

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Apr 2004 at 21:09.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 03:47 (Ref:940056)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually, I prefer it. We used to be behind the Uniroyal tower. A royal pain in the butt due to overcrowding.

Last year even though the Top Hat and BSSC grids were housed in the shopping centre, it was quite roomy and well organised. We had around 150 cars and support in that area.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 08:11 (Ref:940145)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
My natural cynicism came out over the word 'popular'. Last year for us it was very under used. We walked through it a couple of times to get to the car park. I liked the view, especially in the morning when you could only just see to the top of the hill through the mist - very Spa.
Old 15 Apr 2004, 08:26 (Ref:940154)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well there is a downside.

No bogs! But that means you have to cross under the track and pass the waffle/beer/sausage stalls on your way back!
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:36 (Ref:942802)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No bogs? what are all those trees there for then?
Old 28 Apr 2004, 13:12 (Ref:954633)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
theyre for Bears Paul, there was an old Jeep nearby for us
Old 28 Apr 2004, 13:15 (Ref:954640)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I knew there were bears there
Old 28 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:954699)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly
theyre for Bears Paul, there was an old Jeep nearby for us
Oi. Its only three years old!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 14:31 (Ref:954727)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ha ha . . .I wondered how long it would take you to notice

it hasnt really got yellow wall tyres, the toilets where open !