Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Mar 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2157198)   #1
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lammers vs Verstappen soap

After the initial quote of Jan Lammers accusing Jos Verstappen of being the person the word "di**head" had been invented for, Jos retorts today on a main newspaper and I quote "I know my confrontation with Jan Lammers in the LMS is watched from several places. But I do not think about him as I depart for Barcelona. He tried to bad-mouth me in a sports magazine looking back at our A1-GP period. I am above all that, it is typical for the person Lammers, he is small and remains small. When I was part of the Dutch team the TV ratings were much higher than now. If he is so involved with his A1-Gp team why was he driving in the USA last weekend?But I don't want to talk about it anymore, what Jan says does not affect me , he is below my level."
Old 20 Mar 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2157214)   #2
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Let the talking stop, both will be in similar cars so let's see who will come out on top.
My feeling is still that Jos will be faster over a short period but not over longer distances, the chance for gravelvisits and crashes will be much bigger on Jos' side.....and at Le Mans we have lots of gravelbeds....
Old 20 Mar 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2157216)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Simailar cars in the LMS series off course not in Le Mans.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2157271)   #4
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both despirately need to act according to their age and stop fighting like babies. Don't they understand it's only harming the both of them...
Old 20 Mar 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2157475)   #5
wapomumalo
Rookie

Spain
Galiza
wapomumalo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...knowing both of them...This fighting must be seem as something good for the Sport.

If they make noise, TV ratings on Eurosport will rise...and that´s what´ll be all about.

I hope they start fighting on Barcelona with "equal" cars, because at Sebring I saw the slowest Spyder of the grid...Car or Driver? My info was they were using an old-reliable spec of the Porsche Engine.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2157563)   #6
smoking for holland
Rookie

smoking for holland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racing against Holland?

the last time (one of the only times) Jos Verstappen won, it was the car of the jan lammers A1GP team. Jos told the dutch media a couple off years ago that Le Mans was for crazy drivers and that it is far to dangerous.
They will meat in the LMS and Jan will be far better.
The most bizare thing is that Jeroen Bleekemolen is now in the A1 car from Jan and that Jeroen will be driving in the Spyder with jos. Jeroen was already faster than jos.
Jos has a history off bad choices and should be very carefull in the media. I want to see him avoiding stupid crashes like in his F1 career, after that he can try to finnish a race. The next step will be winning!
This years Le Mans is going to be scarry for the Dutch fans!!!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2157598)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Two little babies
Old 21 Mar 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2157715)   #8
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking for holland
This years Le Mans is going to be scarry for the Dutch fans!!!
Deary me, you honestly have been schmoking, haven't 'ya

Le Mans will not be scary at all for the Dutch fans, we will have enough people to support. Spyker will be there, van Merkensteijn, Kox, Vergers and Lammers. Only Vergers and the boys from VMM will be in the same class, and they have nothing to fear.

We should be proud this many Dutch teams and drivers turn up every year, and wave our flags accordingly.
Us at DfH wish all Dutch teams and drivers the best of luck, at least we'll have plenty to cheer to!

Let's just stick to the fact Dutch media are blowing things out of proportion, as per normal...

ps. please try and use spellcheck next time
Old 21 Mar 2008, 06:35 (Ref:2157835)   #9
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drinking for Holland FTW!
Old 22 Mar 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2158789)   #10
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Deary me, you honestly have been schmoking, haven't 'ya

Le Mans will not be scary at all for the Dutch fans, we will have enough people to support. Spyker will be there, van Merkensteijn, Kox, Vergers and Lammers. Only Vergers and the boys from VMM will be in the same class, and they have nothing to fear.

We should be proud this many Dutch teams and drivers turn up every year, and wave our flags accordingly.
Us at DfH wish all Dutch teams and drivers the best of luck, at least we'll have plenty to cheer to!

Let's just stick to the fact Dutch media are blowing things out of proportion, as per normal...

ps. please try and use spellcheck next time
I most deffinetly second that!

Apart from that,I'm in no way a Verstappen fan. He thinks far too much of himself,but has never delivered on his big and snooty words.

Then: "Jos has a history off bad choices"... One can say that!
Back in '98 he was invited to drive the single privateer(as far as "privateer" goes) Zakspeed Porsche GT1 '98. As we all know,these cars finished 1st and 2nd place in the race,but Mister high and mighty verstappen declined because he was still looking for a drive in an end of the grid F1 team. Not being able to find a seat,It ended up him not driving at all that year...
Talk about bad choices...

Lastly Verstappen says about Jan: "he is below my level" ....Is he now?
Dear mister Verstappen,how many races did you actually win? How many championschips did you actually win? How many cars didn't make it to the finish because of your stupid actions?

Just taking a look at Jan Lammers resumé will say enough,really.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2158812)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In anything, Le Mans will be scary for ther other non-Dutch fans - well, at least those who are asphyxiated by their orange smoke.......
Old 22 Mar 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2158827)   #12
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a dutchman I still am only fan of Peter Kox.
He is quick, one of te best GT drivers and keeps it cool.
He isn't much of a big talker so he is very little to not at all quoted. I think he is very much underrated in Holland. I saw a magazine this week with all the dutch drivers lined up for this year. Guess who wasn't on those pages at all... (@%#$)
Lammers an Verstappen talk to much, as a big problem with most dutchies. Talking big as with spyker to F1. (Like they are BIG guys, c'mon..)
Let them show what they are made of in P2, before talking and making fools out of themselfs.

ps. GO Peter

for fun:
With Verstappen back, are we in for bigger crashes

Last edited by kingkai; 22 Mar 2008 at 11:42.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2158876)   #13
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai
He isn't much of a big talker so he is very little to not at all quoted. I think he is very much underrated in Holland.
Ditto. Met Peter several times and he's a serious and sympathetic bloke. Won lots in the BTCC. As for underration in Holand I can only agree, together with Michael Vergers by the way. For whatever reason, we -as DfH- never really got to meet Michael. Finally met and talked to him a little a little last weekend at Sebring, it's a really nice guy. Still holds the record on the Nordschleiffe in the Radical as far as I know, rumors go he did that wearing jeans!

Even americanlemans.com thought it was interesting we finally met, here's their picture from last week Friday in the paddock
http://www.americanlemans.com/Galler...8144722343.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
In anything, Le Mans will be scary for ther other non-Dutch fans - well, at least those who are asphyxiated by their orange smoke.......
Not to worry too much for this year, Aysedasi
We're looking at party poppers which will shoot confetti a fair 20 feet in the air. We'll bundle up with Bas from Club Arnage and the guys from Le Mans B@stards. Between us we should have somewhere 100 pieces, I think it will be an impressive sight from a distance
As long as the stuff won't end up all over the track, we'll be okay. No more beer being thrown at us by angry Frenchies
Old 22 Mar 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2158946)   #14
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Nice picture there.
Haha wearing jeans, well that would be interesting news

I think Holland broadcast to much about dutch drivers with a (big) mouth and the rest is forgotten/ not mentioned (which I think is unfair, because some of them have a lot of influence/input in racery)
Old 22 Mar 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2159075)   #15
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai
He isn't much of a big talker so he is very little to not at all quoted. I think he is very much underrated in Holland. I saw a magazine this week with all the dutch drivers lined up for this year. Guess who wasn't on those pages at all... (@%#$)
Lammers an Verstappen talk to much, as a big problem with most dutchies. Talking big as with spyker to F1. (Like they are BIG guys, c'mon..)
Let them show what they are made of in P2, before talking and making fools out of themselfs.

ps. GO Peter

for fun:
With Verstappen back, are we in for bigger crashes
+1 Peter is the only dutch driver who gets my support. I don't pick drivers because of their nationality (maybe because we doesn't got that much talent in Holland...). But Peter is driving the best cars of his class and keeps winning great races (although his last victory is a while back I think).
Old 22 Mar 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2159091)   #16
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Peter Kox
Quite a lot done in his career. He has been more of a testdriver the last few years. (Top times set with the MenX 550, but his teammates where gentlemendrivers(not to speak badly of them, but most seem not to list the toplaps)

LMS series and Le Mans with Convers Menx in a Ferrari 550
2nd in LMS Championship
Aston Martin worksdriver for Spa 24hrs( 4th place) and Mosport
3rd Spyker worksdriver for Sebring 12 hours and Dubai FIA GT
Aston Martin worksdriver
Winner of Tourist Trophy Silverstone
Winner of 1000km Silverstone( Ferrari 550)
3rd ALMS race Laguna Seca
3rd 1000km of Istanbul( Ferrari 550)
Official Lamborghini testdriver
3rd FIA GT race Valencia with Lamborghini Murcelago
4th 24 hours of Le Mans Prodrive Ferrari
2nd and 3rd British GT Porsche GT 3RS
Winner 24 hours of Le Mans in GTS class with Prodrive Ferrari
5th in ALMS championship, winner of Petit Le Mans
2nd 1000 km Le Mans in GTS with Veloqx Motorsport (Prodrive Ferrari)
Spyker worksdriver: 2nd Magny Cours French GT
Three races in ALMS with Prodrive Ferrari: 1st Laguna Seca , 3rd Miami , 2nd Petit Le Mans
European Touringcar Champion (BMW 320i) 3 wins
Winner of FIA GT race A1-ring with Prodrive Ferrari F550 Maranello
Honda worksdriver: 2nd in Euro STC 5 wins, 3rd at Spa 24 hours (4th overall)
1998 - 1999 Honda worksdriver: one win, 7th in Championship (’99)
McLaren BMW worksdriver: 6th FIA GT Championship
Winner of 4 hours of Silverstone
Winner of Spa 24 hours (diesel class, 3rd overall)
Mclaren BMW testdriver
Winner of 4 hours of Nurburgring
2nd Spa 24 hours
BMW worksdriver: 2nd in German Touringcar Championship
Winner of Spa 24 hours
Dutch Touringcar Champion (BMW M3) 5 wins
1990-1992
F3 and F3000 2 wins in F3, one win in F3000, 3rd in British Championship
European- and Benelux Champion Opel-Lotus 8 wins
F3, 5th in British Championship
FF 2000, 2nd in Dutch-and Benelux Championship
Winner of the Marlboro Challenge
1978-1982
Karting 5 titles
Old 22 Mar 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2159095)   #17
wapomumalo
Rookie

Spain
Galiza
wapomumalo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
I most deffinetly second that!

Apart from that,I'm in no way a Verstappen fan. He thinks far too much of himself,but has never delivered on his big and snooty words.

Then: "Jos has a history off bad choices"... One can say that!
Back in '98 he was invited to drive the single privateer(as far as "privateer" goes) Zakspeed Porsche GT1 '98. As we all know,these cars finished 1st and 2nd place in the race,but Mister high and mighty verstappen declined because he was still looking for a drive in an end of the grid F1 team. Not being able to find a seat,It ended up him not driving at all that year...
Talk about bad choices...

Lastly Verstappen says about Jan: "he is below my level" ....Is he now?
Dear mister Verstappen,how many races did you actually win? How many championschips did you actually win? How many cars didn't make it to the finish because of your stupid actions?

Just taking a look at Jan Lammers resumé will say enough,really.
Well...Jos the Boss has delivered in F1 more than Lammers...Mark My Words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF27M5xKZJo

If you pic 1994 Jos into a current F1...another song might had played.

Bad Choices?...He has driven crappy F1 cars (included a marginal developed Benetton F1 1994) since his F1 times...and lasted ten years on the top.

He is a Dutch Wild Guy... just a funny guy...he should leave drinking and start getting fit...because he is pretty fat right now.

You know spicy guys are needed...as I said...TV ratings must grow in benefit of all teams.

Remember Sponsors need solid TV coverage Series to get profits, and many teams had to survive in the way.

I can wait for Barcelona to watch those two DutchBoys getting slammed into the first curve...

For the good of the sport...

Last edited by wapomumalo; 22 Mar 2008 at 18:39.
Old 22 Mar 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2159259)   #18
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
As for underration in Holand I can only agree, together with Michael Vergers by the way. For whatever reason, we -as DfH- never really got to meet Michael. Finally met and talked to him a little a little last weekend at Sebring, it's a really nice guy. Still holds the record on the Nordschleiffe in the Radical as far as I know, rumors go he did that wearing jeans!
Michael moved to the UK with his family being very young and has made all his career there, hence he is not known for the Dutch fans. But it's good you guys met him, indeed he's a great bloke and fun to talk to!
Old 23 Mar 2008, 02:23 (Ref:2159319)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Both despirately need to act according to their age and stop fighting like babies. Don't they understand it's only harming the both of them...
On the contrary, this is what sportscar racing needs, driver rivalries to add to the manufactuer/teams rivalries.
well already have.

It all add's a little colour.

Sportscar racing and it's fans are too prescious about not upsetting anyone, this is showbusiness with intense competition, it's the rivalries that generate media interest.

Media interest generates public interest, and vice versa, which increases the amount of cash injected in ther sport, taking it onto the next level.

Last edited by JAG; 23 Mar 2008 at 02:31.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2159703)   #20
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
On the contrary, this is what sportscar racing needs, driver rivalries to add to the manufactuer/teams rivalries.
well already have.

It all add's a little colour.

Sportscar racing and it's fans are too prescious about not upsetting anyone, this is showbusiness with intense competition, it's the rivalries that generate media interest.

Media interest generates public interest, and vice versa, which increases the amount of cash injected in ther sport, taking it onto the next level.
Easy for you to say, it's not your country they're embarassing...
Old 23 Mar 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2159770)   #21
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Quote:

Not to worry Bramzel. The Dutch visitors new to LMS will be obvious at Spa
Old 23 Mar 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2159788)   #22
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They'll be wearing orange, they'll be drinking, they'll be shouting...so what's the difference with the current Dutch fans?
Old 23 Mar 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2159800)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
They're two high profile Dutch drivers with a great rivalry, they are bringing postive, media worthy, sportscar coverage to your country.

Jaguar vs Porsche, Peugout vs Audi, Jan vs Jos, intense rivalries take the competition and media interest to another level.

The Dutch P2 battle will now be a highlight of the season.

Last edited by JAG; 23 Mar 2008 at 20:08.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 03:56 (Ref:2160048)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
They're two high profile Dutch drivers with a great rivalry, they are bringing postive, media worthy, sportscar coverage to your country.

Jaguar vs Porsche, Peugout vs Audi, Jan vs Jos, intense rivalries take the competition and media interest to another level.

The Dutch P2 battle will now be a highlight of the season.
I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive about the attention garnered by grown adult drivers calling each other d*ckhead and the like. The end.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 05:52 (Ref:2160065)   #25
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of Dutch drivers right now, I like Robert Doornbos and Jeroen Bleekemolen.