Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Jun 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2237502)   #1
HH Tech
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
HH Tech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nationality of HTP

Hello

And I thought that the FIA HTP was an international document......

Last race I got a note in may HTP-form that I must change it to Sweden from Norway where it was issued for the previous Norwegian owner.

The scrutineer said that I must change it to my resident country´s ASN. He also said that I can only borrow a car for 3 races. He said that these regulations was in App K

The note is in swedish on a 12th page "for national use" (See App K 4.1.4)

I can´t find that I MUST change my HTP to Sweden (where I live) in the App K (see App K 4.1.7)
A phonecall to my ASN, they said that "the intention of the HTP wasn´t that the cars should move around and that this is something that is coming...."

The fee for the change is almost £200 plus that I need to have my car re scrutineered by a tehcnician "because the car may have been altered"
And in any case they don´t have time to do it in time for my next race in 2 weeks time because of the holiday period........

Does annyone know if there is a bulletin that states that I must change my HTP?

Henrik

From FIA App K 2008 01 04 08

4.2 Use of HTP
4.2.1 The HTP has only two purposes: firstly for the use of Technical and Eligibility officials at events and secondly for the use of event organisers in both classification and class structure for their events.

4.2.2 In order to assist Organisers, a photocopy of the front page of the car’s HTP issued by the ASN clearly showing the class, period and category attributed to the car on the basis of Appendix 1 of Appendix K, MUST accompany all entries for events entered on the International calendar.

4.2.3 The HTP must be presented with the car at scrutineering for the event. The car’s HTP must be at the disposal of FIA officials throughout the event. Only one of the FIA Eligibility Delegates (or an FIA appointed official, in their absence) may enter comments, in either English or French, on the HTPs.

4.2.4 It is the competitor’s responsibility to prove the eligibility of a car’s specifications as entered on the HTP.

4.2.5 Event scrutineers must accept all HTPs if they have been properly issued by an ASN and allow the cars to compete in the event concerned as long as they comply with their forms, subject to the provisions of Article 4.3.

4.2.6 Organisers who admit cars to their events without correct HTP risk exclusion of their events from the international calendar and possible further sanctions by the FIA.
4.3 Procedure in case of non-conformity

4.3.1 Should a car on inspection be found not to conform to its HTP or homologation form, and the irregularity is outside the scope of the «red dot» procedure (Art 4.4), it is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure that the car is modified in order to conform.

4.3.2 If it is not possible to correct the irregularity at the event, the Stewards may exclude the car and forward the HTP to the FIA with a copy to the issuing ASN for consideration.

4.3.3 Should a car be found to conform to its HTP, but not to conform to the Technical Regulations of Appendix K, the Stewards may exclude the competitor with that car, record their reasons in writing on the car’s form and forward it to the FIA with a copy to the issuing ASN for consideration.

4.3.4 The HTP may be cancelled in the following circumstances:
(a) Following a request to the FIA from the ASN, with which the car is currently registered. This request must be accompanied by reasons for the cancellation.
(b) Following a report to the FIA from the FIA Officials (or those authorised by the FIA officials) of an event, at which the car has been entered and found not to comply with Appendix K as above. They must record the reasons on the HTP and send it to the FIA with a copy to the issuing ASN, suspending the classification.
(c) By the FIA that may declare invalid any HTP, informing the issuing ASN of its decision and publishing the decision in the FIA Bulletin.

4.3.5 In cases conforming to 4.3.4 (a) and 4.3.4 (b) the competitor will retain a photocopy of the HTP, duly annotated by the Stewards or Eligibility Delegates, which may be used for events for a period of 30 days. The FIA will be responsible for making a decision on the validity of the car within 30 days of the HTP’s receipt. During this period, any results or points obtained with the car will be suspended.

4.3.6 If the FIA decides that the HTP is not valid, it will be withdrawn and any subsequent HTP applied for must be approved by the FIA before being issued.

4.3.7 Eligibility Delegates may, under certain circumstances, be given permission by the Stewards to retain HTPs for further consideration for the duration of the event.

4.4 Red dot procedure

4.4.1 If a car is presented for scrutineering with a minor Technical Regulation irregularity, which is considered not to affect performance, the FIA Eligibility Delegate (if present or, in his absence, one of the FIA Officials) can mark page 1 of the HTP with a «red dot», recording in writing the reasons on the appropriate page of the form. The competitor must correct the irregularity before the next event.

4.4.2 All the red dots will be compiled in a central database

4.4.3. If this irregularity is not corrected by the next event, the Stewards may exclude the car from that event.

4.5 Appeal procedures against the ASN’s decision

4.5.1 If an ASN refuses to approve an HTP, the applicant has the right to request the FIA to open an appeal procedure.

4.5.2 The applicant must request, in writing, within 30 days of receipt of the refusal notice, that the ASN shall send the complete dossier concerning the form to the FIA.

4.5.3 The ASN must comply with this request within 14 days of the receipt of the notice of appeal.

4.5.4 The FIA will inform the applicant and the ASN of their decision.

4.5.5 A fee for this appeal procedure is payable to the FIA at the time of entering the appeal, and if the appeal is upheld, the fee is refunded to the appellant by the ASN.

4.6 FIA Historic Cars Database

4.6.1 ASNs will keep the details of the HTP that they have issued on a database.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2237792)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I thought the oldest trick in the book was to take the car to a 'relaxed nation' and get papers there

not really relevant to your problem, however the idea is, at least I thought, that the docs/spec and paperwork should all be the same wherever issued ?
Old 26 Jun 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2237793)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not such a bad idea Zef,especially now the HTPs are sorted in Germany!!
I thought there was something about change of ownership involved,if that is the case,perhaps thats what the problem is?
Old 27 Jun 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2238944)   #4
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the principal intentions of the HTP was that it was about the car, it was created to an International standard and that it was instantly transportable from country to country at no or very little charge. I would be rather concerend about the reference to National use on the paperwork an HTP either conforms to Appendix K or it does not ,if it does not there can be no HTP.
The MSA charge about £30 to change an owner and ACCUS about the same. There should be no need to re inspect the car.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2241367)   #5
HH Tech
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
HH Tech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bulletins

Hello
Does anyone know if the FIA bulletins can be found on the internet? (and where?)
Henrik