Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Nov 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3471454)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
2015 Race Calendar

Some dates are confirmed, some still 'provisional', some are rumours, but the Year Planner is on the wall and marked to date. The big meetings so far.....

March 21-22 Goodwood

March 27-29 Mugello, Peter Auto

April 4-5 Thruxton, HSCC (Easter)

April 10-12 Hockenheim, Jim Clark

April 17-19 Barcelona Catalunya Classic, Masters- rumoured HGPCA & poss Lurani joining?

May 2-4 Donington Historic Festival

May 15-17 Pau Historique
May 16/17 Silverstone International, HSCC and maybe GTSCC again?

May 22-24 Spa Classic, Peter Auto- and Whoops.......
May 23-25 Brands Hatch, Masters (Guess from previous years)

June 5-7 Dijon L'Age d'Or, Peter Auto

June 13/14 Snetterton Autosport 3hr, HSCC- and GTSCC?

July 3-5 Brno GP Revival. On their website, but any UK grids?

July 11-12 Brands Hatch Superprix, HSCC

July 23-26 Silverstone Classic

August 1/2 Copenhagen GP, maybe a UK grid or two?

August 7-9 Nurburgring OldTimer

August 29-31 Oulton Park Gold Cup, HSCC, or.....
August 28-30 Zandvoort HGP, Masters. (Also guess from previous years!)

September 11-13 Goodwood Revival

September 18-20 Spa 6hrs

October 2-4 Le Castellet (Ricard), Peter Auto

October 16-18 or 23-25 Algarve Classic, Portimao

Couple of big clashes there, won't do grid sizes much good for organisers. There were rumours in Spain last month that Jerez event may not be repeated in 2015, so still waiting on that one. And if Portimao goes for Oct 23-25, I'm in trouble, as my Nephew is getting married on 24th- booked 18 months in advance.....

Any more?
Old 4 Nov 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3471457)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May 30th HSCC Donington
June 27th/28th HSCC Cadwell
August 8th/9th HSCC Croft
September 26th or 26th/27th HSCC Brands Indy
October 17th HSCC Silverstone Nat
October 31st/November 1st Walter Hayes Trophy
Old 4 Nov 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3471476)   #3
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan,
The best news out of your HSCC dates is Donington at end-May - a welcome change from the normal Donington FreezeFest in March ...

How did you come by these dates ...?
Nick
Old 4 Nov 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3471482)   #4
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about Donington - HSCC members will now hopefully be able to view Donington in something other than low cloud and drizzle!

The dates were revealed at the HSCC board meeting last Thursday.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3471491)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Alan for filling in the rest of the HSCC dates. I know I had them but thought someone else could add to the thread! My post was at second attempt- first on iPad failed when it froze. One of the 'improvements' from latest operating system, presumably!

Shame about Croft and Gold Cup clashes, but apart from them pleasantly clash-free- so far......

Old 4 Nov 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3471496)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for that Mike. I would hope the choice between your nephew's wedding and racing for a plastic cup is a no brainer!

JT do you have the AMOC dates yet and do you know if they will have the same support races next year?

The main take away for me is that there are so many good meetings in Blighty I can go another year on a Nat A and save a shed load of money!! Do we also know yet if the helmet and race suit ratings are changing? They have been threatening it for some time
Old 4 Nov 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3471518)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
looks the same as last year and this to me, overlaps/clashes and very close dates.

oh to be retired and wealthy enough to take advantage.

Spa Classic is top of my list there.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3471573)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
looks the same as last year

Spa Classic is top of my list there.
Return of the Cortina? Hopefully it won't be snowing when you get there, Joe!

Yes, apart from the odd move most meetings pretty much the same. P.A. Mugello moving to late March from April apparently led to Goodwood moving a week earlier so's not to clash. IMHO biggest hit will be if Masters hold their Brands festival on the late May bank holiday w/end as usual, and clash with Spa Classic...
Old 4 Nov 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3471581)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That's the plan Mike. I've just started wiring, restoring/repairing loom . . .should be done in time!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3471582)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I won't get excited untill the end of January . I did 30 weekends away racing this year . Sure don't want to repeat that in 2015
Old 4 Nov 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3471589)   #11
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hscc

I am a mostly very happy member of the HSCC and have been for years, but my goodness it's the leakiest bucket known to man. Why on earth is there more info on next year's calendar here than on the HSCC website. If it was the first time this had happened it wouldn't be worth mentioning, but it's every time the club does or decides anything!
Old 4 Nov 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3471595)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There's also more on here than on Masters or Peter Auto websites! Surprising what can be found or deduced via a little research. Good old Internet. As for HSCC, perhaps the fact that all dates are "provisional" until confirmed and posted on their website should be emphasised......

Old 5 Nov 2014, 00:28 (Ref:3471666)   #13
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post

JT do you have the AMOC dates yet and do you know if they will have the same support races next year?
Check out the HRDC race dates as they often support the AMOC.

I might be sticking my neck out here but HRDC seldom gets as much recognition on here as, say, HSCC, but Julius runs a damn good show despite comments about clashes with another popular event in the east of the country.

From a driver's perspective the grids are full and fair and often without the massive disparity in power on some of the HSCC events for similar vehicles.

I am not being in the least disparaging about HSCC which for me has given some superb events but for those of us running what some may consider more run of the mill type hysterics HRDC may not always grab the headlines but is a cracking series
Old 5 Nov 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3471731)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If I could find provisional or otherwise dates for HRDC I'd post them! I did try, honest....

Meanwhile, via the simplest of searches on google, we have provisional AMOCR. Copied so their words not mine-

Saturday 16th May - Oulton Park International Circuit
Sunday 28th June - Donington Park National Circuit
Saturday 18th July - Snetterton 300 Circuit
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th September - Brands Hatch Indy & GP Circuits
Sunday 20th September - AMOC Racing Curborough Sprint
Saturday 10th October - Silverstone National Circuit

Please note that these dates are provisional and may be subject to change

Interesting no late September Snetterton date with VSCC next day. Maybe July instead?

I am guessing from this year's calendar that the Brands Sept 5/6 dates will include GTSCC. In which case if Portimao is confirmed for mid / late October and they join in, their series will be 4 races, same as this year.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 06:44 (Ref:3471734)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Draft CSCC dates will be available to members at the AGM on Sunday.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 06:52 (Ref:3471735)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>Do we also know yet if the helmet and race suit ratings are changing

Yes we do know. Alas racesuit regs stay the same, helmets also unless you have an ageing Snell 2000 lid which will go out of use at the end of next month. Hence the avatar!

Sorry for the diversion in reply to a direct question now back to topic.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3471795)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post

I might be sticking my neck out here but HRDC seldom gets as much recognition on here as, say, HSCC, but Julius runs a damn good show despite comments about clashes with another popular event in the east of the country.

From a driver's perspective the grids are full and fair and often without the massive disparity in power on some of the HSCC events for similar vehicles.

I am not being in the least disparaging about HSCC which for me has given some superb events but for those of us running what some may consider more run of the mill type hysterics HRDC may not always grab the headlines but is a cracking series
Nick I am totally with you - Julius has always put on a good meeting and would definitely try and support his series and in fact that was the reason for the AMOC question. If it also means you can double up with Equipe GTS series then it makes for a good weekend.

My only concern is the conentration of dates as May Silverstone HSCC and June Snet HSCC 3 Hour are definites for so many of us.

Midgetman thanks for the info on suits etc.. I will check my lid tomorrow when I am down at Goodwood for one of Robert Barrie's days
Old 5 Nov 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3471931)   #18
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
I know what you mean about the clash Simon - I would like to do the HSCC in May too
Old 5 Nov 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3471935)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman;3471735
Yes we do know. Alas racesuit regs stay the same, helmets also unless you have an ageing Snell 2000 lid which will go out of use at the end of next month. Hence the avatar!
Why do you say "alas" apart from the fact you have a business to run?
Old 5 Nov 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3472041)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'll second that. and I hope those with period correct tin tops turn out next season in all stars/TC63 or whatever, I want to see chrome trim.

so I can see a thin reflection of my self when I get past/overtaken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post

Old 5 Nov 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3472042)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A lass, local/age permitting, is acceptablet, to my knowledge. Aladdin is another thing entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Old 5 Nov 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3472063)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Ruddy iPad auto correct, I'm sure I typed "Thankfully".
Old 5 Nov 2014, 22:55 (Ref:3472070)   #23
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dates clash!!!

Interesting to note that the HSCC and MGCC are both listing Donington Park on the 30th May.

Just demonstrates what "provisional" means.

I'm sure that it'll all become clearer well before Christmas.......
Old 6 Nov 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3472134)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Dates clash!!!

Interesting to note that the HSCC and MGCC are both listing Donington Park on the 30th May.
You've got access to more info than us Brian, as I can't find 2015 MGCC dates anywhere.....

Are you able to share?
Old 6 Nov 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3472149)   #25
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A lass, local/age permitting, is acceptablet, to my knowledge. Aladdin is another thing entirely.
Oh no it's not....look behind you....