Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Sep 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3578037)   #1
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
DAYTONASME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 Algarve Classic

Any fellow tenthers heading to Parkalgar?

http://www.historicendurance.com/#!home-uk/ce6r

http://motorracinglegends.com/index.html?subj=Calendar

http://www.hgpca.net/images/Events_2...nformation.pdf

Ed
Old 29 Sep 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3578050)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONASME View Post
Any fellow tenthers heading to Parkalgar?

Ed
Yup, should be at least two of us. With luck and a following wind I will be in GTSCC- in a car have never driven the type before, so should be fun!

Are you racing, Ed, or enjoying the social side (or both)!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3578101)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Did say to all my drivers that I would not be going this year . Fell on deaf ears . Hey ho hope bay of biscuit not too choppy
Old 30 Sep 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3578220)   #4
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All being well we should have the 356 out in GTSCC. Mr Ruston had also entered his 356......let battle commence!!!

Mike, what will you be driving?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3578286)   #5
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yup, should be at least two of us. With luck and a following wind I will be in GTSCC- in a car have never driven the type before, so should be fun!

Are you racing, Ed, or enjoying the social side (or both)!
Mike - I did the English language commentary and podium's for the first four Algarve Classics, til the circuit and promoter got into financial difficulty. I've tried to connect with Diogo Ferrao for this year, but no reply - so most likely it's a glass or two of Sargres, pool-side in the paddock for me Mike.

What's your new GTSCC ride? - not the Tachyon Motorsport Corvette

E
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:16 (Ref:3578348)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
In answer to both, I should be out in a Grantura, privileged to be sharing with the owner. Having said that, I would be up for a go in a Grand Sport!

Ed, please introduce yourself at some point. If you have previously, then my apologies! If all goes to plan, we will be a GTSCC box with 2 SLRs & TVR, plus several others, no doubt.....

Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3578361)   #7
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In answer to both, I should be out in a Grantura, privileged to be sharing with the owner.
Watching you trying to fold yourself into that at the driver change could be fun!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Oct 2015, 04:36 (Ref:3578510)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Watching you trying to fold yourself into that at the driver change could be fun!!
It can't be any worse than an SLR! And I am quite supple for an old man....
Old 1 Oct 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3578570)   #9
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
Quote:
In answer to both, I should be out in a Grantura, privileged to be sharing with the owner. Having said that, I would be up for a go in a Grand Sport!

Ed, please introduce yourself at some point. If you have previously, then my apologies! If all goes to plan, we will be a GTSCC box with 2 SLRs & TVR, plus several others, no doubt.....

Last time I did, you had handful of gear ratio's..

It looks as though it will be a really good end to the European season, a lot easier to get to than Paul Ricard and oodles cheaper than Daytona!!

E
Old 2 Oct 2015, 05:22 (Ref:3578775)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONASME View Post
Last time I did, you had handful of gear ratio's..

It looks as though it will be a really good end to the European season, a lot easier to get to than Paul Ricard and oodles cheaper than Daytona!!

E
Really? Probably the year I raced my Delta FF2000, then!

Any racers still hesitating on whether to go, pretty sure slots on most grids available and some spaces with the pro transport chappies. If you need any names pm me.....
Old 2 Oct 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3578914)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Will you cant go wrong

You are down to drive both of the 356's

I understand from the worlds susposed no1 UK'ish piolet that the disc brakes cars are at least 10 secs a lap quicker round Spa so let's see.

Of course that's rubbish!
Old 3 Oct 2015, 11:42 (Ref:3579016)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy yourselves. We were unable to sort out logistics so it's a week on a Spanish beach for us. It's a great circuit and I really hope we can go back next year.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3580553)   #13
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jagermeister CSL Batmobile for me, ex Quester, Brun, Fitzpatrick etc. Oh what a lucky boy....
Old 8 Oct 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3580567)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Patch You are!

Great having good mates

Where is the B8?
Old 8 Oct 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3580571)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBE View Post
Jagermeister CSL Batmobile for me, ex Quester, Brun, Fitzpatrick etc. Oh what a lucky boy....
Nice.

Wonder how rigidly the pit lane speed limit wil be enforced this year!

Old 15 Oct 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3582997)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

It seems it is virtually impossible to get Avon tyres for B8 for CER race at Portimao.

Mike Bell,Andy Newell and few others have tried to help but nothing until end of next week .

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 15 Oct 2015, 09:51 (Ref:3583017)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Thanks to all the people who have helped

We have found a set thanks to the power of Ten Tenths!
Old 15 Oct 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3583035)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Glad to hear that John. See you there!

Old 16 Oct 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3583396)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Final instructions received today, and guess what- we were promised Thursday for testing, but now find that McLaren have got sole use of circuit up to 1400hrs! And while they are using the place, no access for us....

If they don't let us in to get unloaded Wednesday (after 1600 vaguely mentioned) I guarantee a riot......

Old 16 Oct 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3583462)   #20
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Final instructions received today, and guess what- we were promised Thursday for testing, but now find that McLaren have got sole use of circuit up to 1400hrs! And while they are using the place, no access for us....

If they don't let us in to get unloaded Wednesday (after 1600 vaguely mentioned) I guarantee a riot......

What are they running in Portugal? Unlikely that it is anything associated with F1, as they will be preparing for the race in Texas that week-end, but it does beg the question of why they couldn't have done it earlier in the week?
Old 16 Oct 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3583463)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

They have hired the circuit so the historic gang should be ready to be disappointed!

French will probably get in!
Old 17 Oct 2015, 05:38 (Ref:3583508)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What are they running in Portugal? Unlikely that it is anything associated with F1, as they will be preparing for the race in Texas that week-end, but it does beg the question of why they couldn't have done it earlier in the week?
Guess it is McLaren road car track day, of half day.....

But yes, does sum up some of the frustrations of racing there! This will be my seventh attendance at this meeting and the big problem is always getting into the circuit on arrival! Reading into two different sets of final instructions, it looks as if there will be 'paddock access' Wednesday eve. Hopefully that will be full access for trucks trailers etc. Then no access Thursday until 2pm, so anyone wanting to test in the afternoon will have to be there wed eve or get a wiggle on after getting in thurs......

At Barcelona this April there was a track day on the same day as we arrived to set up for the weekend, but they just positioned the track day cars and crews away from the garages so we could get organised. It ain't difficult. Maybe the word 'McLaren' is the difference this time....
Old 19 Oct 2015, 05:30 (Ref:3584028)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, a large percentage of the Algarve Classic grid is floating across the channel at the moment- first stop Roscoff, then mad dash across the bay of biscuit to Spain.

Making most of free wifi before more than 3 people try to use it at once and it grinds to a halt..... No brekkie until 0730 and haven't found anywhere to get a coffee or bottle of water!

Lot of rude things being said about the circuit taking a booking for an exclusive track day when was supposed to be the test day for our race meeting. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Sea is flat calm so far, just the way I like it.....
Old 22 Oct 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3584833)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Looking forward to Mikes report on trucks entering yesterday and some of the unusual antics of scrutes today!

No idea what will happen when things are really underway.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3584839)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We sure did have Argo getting in . 6 am this morning I was marched of the track . Did not mind as I spent the morning on the beech and in the sea . I've told all my lot that after 7 years I've had enough of Portimao and hope we can look for somewhere else in the sun to finish of the race season . Still the girl
At singing on made up for all the ***** at the gate and she knew about back to the future date yesterday .