Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Aug 2001, 04:38 (Ref:130077)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will ISC be back

Do you think the ISC will return next year.
Old 14 Aug 2001, 07:33 (Ref:130136)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I sincerely hope not
Old 14 Aug 2001, 07:58 (Ref:130145)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats wrong with the ISC.

i wasn't a fan to begin with, but after i researched it a bit more it looked pretty exciting.

Who knows, another championship falls by the wayside
Old 15 Aug 2001, 19:46 (Ref:130912)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 9 car race held at Doningtopn Park, was not the greatest race in the world. The British GT and FIA GT are far better series. I'm glad the ISC is dead. Stealth now looking at the Knockhill British GT race

David Lesile will also make a GT return at Knockhill, in a Marcos.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 14:37 (Ref:131280)   #5
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Whats wrong with the ISC.

i wasn't a fan to begin with, but after i researched it a bit more it looked pretty exciting.

Who knows, another championship falls by the wayside
There wasn't anything wrong with the series per se, but there is already a quite successful GT championship in the UK, and there isn't room for two.... So I'd like to see 1 good series rather than 2 weak ones.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 17:26 (Ref:131329)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How exactly does the Stealth qualify to be a GT car?? Is there not a certain number that have to be road going?? As roadgoing as the Dauer 962 in '94.
Old 17 Aug 2001, 07:45 (Ref:131548)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe the British GT regs are a bit more liberal regarding road going versions. Which is why TVR get to enter a Speed 12 and a Tuscan R neither of which are exactly production models (yet?)

As for Stealth, I've read elsewhere that the organisers only wanted to see a single road car presented at scrutineering, unfortunately the single roadcar built so far (the one which did all the magazine roadtests a few months back) was sold to a private collector in Austria. This car has been borrowed back briefly to present to the powers that be...

Finally, seeing as this is actually a thread about the ISC, my view, is as others have said, there is nothing wrong with the concept, as long as they have the entries and the funding - which as we saw in 2001 they didn't have either of...
Old 17 Aug 2001, 14:01 (Ref:131707)   #8
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that the ISC will be given a second chance. If it was, it would always be associated with the first unsuccessful year. The British GT championship is now stronger thanks to its demise.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 18:12 (Ref:139135)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guy who ran it Dominic Chappell (he likes it pronounced sha - peell!!) is the biggest crook out there! he used to run in the Porsche series in the UK back in the early 90s/lates 80s and he is long remmebered as being the biggest crook in the paddock - and he had stiff competition in that series let me tell you! I worked for the organisers and we had to throw them out evetually cos they never paid anyone for anything...
Old 31 Aug 2001, 20:41 (Ref:139198)   #10
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An interesting viewpoint there - can't say I can add anything to that fact/opinion!!