Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:17 (Ref:700972)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Ferrari racing to improve car for Monza...

Just read over on F1-live that Ferrari plan to test;
new front and rear wings,
new diffuser,
new engine,
new launch control "control box" in time for the Italian GP.

Williams and Mclaren better not be sitting on their backsides...

Last edited by Sodemo; 27 Aug 2003 at 18:24.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:38 (Ref:700982)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think they will be monster, don't you worry.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 18:41 (Ref:700988)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The key is still the tyres.If BS improve Ferrari will improve
Old 27 Aug 2003, 19:07 (Ref:701009)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It sounds rather like 2000. They introduced new parts at Monza after a slump and won the last races.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 19:42 (Ref:701043)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
McLaren also has a new engine and a new aero package that they will be testing, and Bridgestone has tons of new tyres for the Ferrari.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 19:54 (Ref:701059)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could go either way couldn't it? It could improve the car endlessly but on the other hand it could just complicate problems.

Personally, I hope McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are on an equal footing over the last three races.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 21:54 (Ref:701189)   #7
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the testing ban just completed, how many actual test miles have been run with the new bits, and do they have any data collected outside of a wind tunnel? Real life racing is somewhat different, particularly when you are going to be racing a large package of new parts for the first time.

Perhaps it has been an advantage for Williams to bring the car out early and develop it on the fly.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 22:44 (Ref:701235)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
No, the testing moratorium ends on September 1, and Ferrari will have a week and a half to get things sorted out at three circuits: Monza, Fiorano and Mugello. Yes!! they will also test heaps of new tyres.

McLaren will also have a helluva lot of revised bits for the 17-D as the 18 is now history.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 11:42 (Ref:701685)   #9
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Monza will suit Williams, all Ferrari can hope for is to get ahead of Renault and maybe McLaren.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 12:57 (Ref:701766)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't that what everyone was saying before Silverstone?
Old 28 Aug 2003, 13:05 (Ref:701779)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess the testing sessions will help alot for Ferrari to improve, the question is if it will be enough to change the current scenario.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 13:11 (Ref:701787)   #12
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montaya certainly wasn't ............. but he still did OK in the end.
Monza is much more of a power circuit than silverstone, I don't think Alonso will manage to get pole next time!
It doesn't rain very often either, I can't remember a wet race at Monza.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 14:40 (Ref:701876)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much will depend on tyres, as many have said: of just Bridgestone catch up the french rivals, there will be room for an exciting battle; obvioulsy it's hard to imagine that Ferrari may be able to overturn the situation, they just can gain relative competitiveness.
Old 28 Aug 2003, 16:51 (Ref:701994)   #14
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Monza is that tyre critical - it's more about straight line speed and kerb hopping. I see Ferrari returning to their Monza form of recent years, but I doubt it will be a true guide to Indy/Japanese form
Old 28 Aug 2003, 17:19 (Ref:702017)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is all about getting the power down out of the slow corners which is, of course, tyre dependent. Monza is odd because a lot of the corners (the chicances) tend to be quite slow, despite the high speed nature of the track. However I don't think it will be as tyre dependent a Hungary was.

This year (like last) we haven't really had any indication of how a low drag set-up changes the competitiveness of each car. In years past we could always compare with Hockenheim.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 04:19 (Ref:702327)   #16
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A week and a half's testing huh?
Who would want to bet against them testing every single one of those days?! LOL
Old 29 Aug 2003, 04:32 (Ref:702330)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
There are other variables that have to be considered. I am sure Cosworth are flat out trying to sort the engine blowups, and Renault have new aero and engine specs, not to mention their advantage of friday testing on the race track before 1st practice. That puts both Renaults and Mark Webber into the fight for points also. I am still wondering how much both Renault and Jaguar benefit from that on-track Friday testing session for quals.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 05:14 (Ref:702346)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fridays dont seem to benefit Minardi

Although 2002 Arrows engines coupled with 2002 Bridgestone leftovers, with drivers also leftover from other places... what can be expected
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods