Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Nov 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3165571)   #1
Harniman
Rookie

Harniman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the clearing stands a Jaguar C-Type

This weeks blog is is about an historic C Type Jaguar, POV 114 and full racing history, enjoy.

In the clearing stands a Jaguar C-Type click here to read more
Old 13 Nov 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3165909)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heavens to Betsy, but that takes me back, I saw that car race many times in it's heyday, so nice to read that it is still around and in good condition and good hands.

Was this the car numbered 619 in theMille Miglia do you know?

Many thanks,

Bauble.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3166434)   #3
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Moss car in the 1952 Mille Miglia was no 619. And the article says it is that car.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3166549)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
The Moss car in the 1952 Mille Miglia was no 619. And the article says it is that car.
Thanks D, I have a model of a C-Type numbered 619 and assumed it was the Moss car, but nice to have it confirmed.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3166789)   #5
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thanks D, I have a model of a C-Type numbered 619 and assumed it was the Moss car, but nice to have it confirmed.

Cheers,

Bob.
All you need to do is visit Martin Krejki's site. The crazy forum rules here don't allow me to name it - something about believing they are in competition with other websites. (But you could try googling Web Services for Remote Portlets)

Last edited by D-Type; 15 Nov 2012 at 20:10.

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 16 Nov 2012, 14:11 (Ref:3167075)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Thank's again Duncan, I think we all know about 'Forum' rules!!

I have that site in my favourites but never thought to check, but then I have had the model for quite a while, and took it for granted.

By the way was your father the famous C-Type Rollo?

Kind regards,

Bob.

PS: Googling as you suggested worked very well.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3170821)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, just post the link. You won't get into trouble!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3170855)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely, you're not promoting your own site!