Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2985122)   #301
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Nice to see that Peter Kox is down here. Is he confirmed to race with Scud?
Nope. Running with Ted Huglin.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2985125)   #302
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From Natsoft
Nick O'Halloran (VIC) Maranello Motorsport Lamborghini LP600GT3
Is that an error or does Maranello now have Lambos too?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2985127)   #303
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
Coffey has bought one out of Asia.....so yes they do have one.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2985129)   #304
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Nope. Running with Ted Huglin.
My bad. Should've picked that up on natsoft. Thats a good lineup with Ted, Super Peter and McConkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
Not an error, there's an ad for it in the latest Auto Fiction. Was thinking the same thing when I heard about it also.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:38 (Ref:2985131)   #305
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
2.04:9560

In a (much) hotted up Fiat...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2985135)   #306
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's over 4 seconds quicker than Lowndes fastest lap in the Audi last year!

Surely it won't be that quick in the 12 hour...surely?
Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2985146)   #307
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post

The Maranello Motorsport boys have either found a good setup, or are throwing tyres at the thing...

Car went out in session #5 and managed a 2.05:1735 with Mr Simonsen still at the wheel.... Here

The Lago LP600 Lamborghini looks like it is still playing itself in, only managing a 2.11:8443 with the boss at the wheel Here improving to a 2.10:4114 with Mr Park aboard... Here Old tyres? More work on setup needed?

The Huglin LP560/600 Lamborghini is the jet in the Lamborghini pack, Mr Kox managed a 2.09:6996 Here, improving to a 2.06:8412
Here. Copilot Mr Searle knocked out a 2.09:9956 Here while the car owner Mr Huglin achieved a 2.22:8331 Here
Old 13 Nov 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2985150)   #308
osrg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post

They were running with no weight in the car...... Haven't done for most of the weekend. Simonsen remarked in the brief this morning that he has been given a laptime to acheive for the weekend. It is a jet though...Still good for a low 6 though even with the ballast in.

Keep in mind also that this is Simonsens bread and butter, he would have done thousands of laps in a 458 GT3, and has a fair idea of how to get around the mountain. Pretty handy combo I'd say.

Last edited by osrg; 13 Nov 2011 at 02:25.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 07:04 (Ref:2985387)   #309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Laptimes from today by driver @ Bathurst
Old 13 Nov 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2985465)   #310
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The Lago LP600 Lamborghini looks like it is still playing itself in, only managing a 2.11:8443 with the boss at the wheel [url=http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?13/11/2011.MOUN.S1]Here[/ur
l] improving to a 2.10:4114 with Mr Park aboard... Here Old tyres? More work on setup needed
Russell did a 7.7 on Saturday before a lot of changes took place but didn't have time to exploit. I did a 10.8 on saturday and park did a 9.5 today then just kissed the wall at the cutting which stopped us for the day. Russell was very ill from Saturday afternoon and all day today. We got enough out of the weekend for February. Mega drive from simonsen, if that car was set with 12HR regs today the rest of the field will be chasing.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2985505)   #311
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simonsen has never driven a 458 GT3 before, only GT2, which is very different philosophy although similar speed.

The 458 is actually very heavy, but I dont think parity weights are known yet. Ride height may change from this meeting though, but the times are real and indicative.

Kox's posted times are not the max, he'll go faster for sure, and Cam did a 6.8 before we even began any set up work....

Its game on.

Bad luck scud, and team, but looking forward to the race, it'll be closee
Old 13 Nov 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2985515)   #312
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Russell did a 7.7 on Saturday before a lot of changes took place but didn't have time to exploit. I did a 10.8 on saturday and park did a 9.5 today then just kissed the wall at the cutting which stopped us for the day. Russell was very ill from Saturday afternoon and all day today. We got enough out of the weekend for February. Mega drive from simonsen, if that car was set with 12HR regs today the rest of the field will be chasing.
Awesome result scudd The challenge of the timing is Natsoft didnt start publishing until today's sessions..

Not sure a 458 with a belly full of fuel, on B12 spec tyres, with a couple of dozen other track inhabitants will be able to manage a 2.04 in race trim..
Old 14 Nov 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2985938)   #313
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Simonsen has never driven a 458 GT3 before, only GT2, which is very different philosophy although similar speed.

The 458 is actually very heavy, but I dont think parity weights are known yet. Ride height may change from this meeting though, but the times are real and indicative.

Kox's posted times are not the max, he'll go faster for sure, and Cam did a 6.8 before we even began any set up work....

Its game on.

Allan has at least driven a Farnbacher GT3 version at the 24 hours of Nürburgring so it isn't completely new to him. An impressive run and time, and a good looking entry list so far.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2986023)   #314
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see that Maranello Motorsport's Lamborghini as run at Bathurst will make its local debut in the Vodka O GT Series this weekend at Sandown...
Old 14 Nov 2011, 06:59 (Ref:2986026)   #315
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Allan has at least driven a Farnbacher GT3 version at the 24 hours of Nürburgring so it isn't completely new to him. An impressive run and time, and a good looking entry list so far.
No, he hasn't
he drives the GT2 with Dominik, but the GT3 is a different team structure.

It was Allans first time in one.

He'll be driving a different one on friday at Winton too, a private team in early development.

And Phillip Island is about to be assaulted by Allan too, in magic in Teds Lambo....
Old 14 Nov 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2986030)   #316
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post

Its game on.

Old 14 Nov 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2986049)   #317
Bikerider
Rookie

Bikerider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember everybody bagging him about his Bathurst drive etc. But put him in something that he drives everyday and look what the ring-ins do. You wouldn't see a V8SC drive jump in and do that sort of time.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2986069)   #318
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I remember everybody bagging him about his Bathurst drive etc. But put him in something that he drives everyday and look what the ring-ins do. You wouldn't see a V8SC drive jump in and do that sort of time.
I'm one of Allans biggest fans and he truly is a rare talent.....

But Cam McConville jumped in Teds lambo with minimal set up time and plenty of fuel on board, and delivered a 6.8, on used tyres.....

So, there are guys known for their v8 work, that can also drive proper race cars.

Poor Cam had to leave us to go to tassie.... His text to me on the errrr, difference between the cars had too many !!! To count!
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2986432)   #319
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Dont' recall him getting bagged re Bathurst but that may be my fading memory - any pro driver should be able to adapt and if you need any further evidence, look at Mr Lowndes in the McLaren at Bathurst earlier this year - hadn't driven an open wheeler of any kind in nearly 15 years but got straight into an F1 car, leaned on it hard from the get go and got very close to the time set by the car's regular driver.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 05:50 (Ref:2986549)   #320
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
leaned on it hard from the get go and got very close to the time set by the car's regular driver.
Who was no doubt was giving it about 1/10th of his effort.

Lowdnes is a great driver, touring car in particular but he battles hard in open wheelers and as you say almost 15 years out of the cockpit wouldnt have helped
Old 17 Nov 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2987468)   #321
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the motor racing bible Will Davison and James Moffat have said that they are interested in competing in the 12 hour. Unfortunately WD believes that the sea must part for him to compete with him quoting "It would want to be a great car and it would just be for the pure pleasure of driving a nice car around there".
Message to you Will, just because you are doing a reasonable job in the taxi, don't expect any of the regular drivers or teams to kneel down in front of you from any of the top teams because you have put up your hand.
Try a bit of modesty and let us know that just being part of the event would be a pleasure and a highlight for you no matter what you may get a drive in and take a leaf out of Junior Johnson's book and no, you are no CL.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2987476)   #322
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Wouldn't WD would be an asset to a good team with a competitve car?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 05:02 (Ref:2987532)   #323
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
According to the motor racing bible Will Davison and James Moffat have said that they are interested in competing in the 12 hour. Unfortunately WD believes that the sea must part for him to compete with him quoting "It would want to be a great car and it would just be for the pure pleasure of driving a nice car around there".
Message to you Will, just because you are doing a reasonable job in the taxi, don't expect any of the regular drivers or teams to kneel down in front of you from any of the top teams because you have put up your hand.
Try a bit of modesty and let us know that just being part of the event would be a pleasure and a highlight for you no matter what you may get a drive in and take a leaf out of Junior Johnson's book and no, you are no CL.

sounds like you're having an dig at ole WD more so than WD proclaiming his greatness and turning his nose up to anything but a top team drive...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 05:24 (Ref:2987538)   #324
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
sounds like you're having an dig at ole WD more so than WD proclaiming his greatness and turning his nose up to anything but a top team drive...
If anyone spoke similarly about ol' Tander, Reload would tear the whole forum to shreds.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 05:32 (Ref:2987539)   #325
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I thought it pretty obvious that that's exactly what i was doing.