Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2940167)   #651
skeee
Racer

Cyprus
Wiltshire
skeee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
Final nail in the coffin for me.

Could be for me also
Old 15 Aug 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2940175)   #652
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeee View Post
Could be for me also
Poll added.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2940178)   #653
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The poll will be along shortly. Currently it is only available on sky, or in France. Sorry, messed up.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Aug 2011 at 20:52.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2941610)   #654
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Might be interesting to bookmark this poll and see if those who say they are finished with F1, or maybe those who won't watch on Sky or whatever actually stick to what they've voted, or if they'll give in
Old 16 Aug 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2941617)   #655
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The poll will be along shortly. Currently it is only available on sky, or in France. Sorry, messed up.

Doctor Adam is at it again...
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2941798)   #656
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Can we have a poll on whether or not there's going to be a poll?
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2941800)   #657
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Might be interesting to bookmark this poll and see if those who say they are finished with F1, or maybe those who won't watch on Sky or whatever actually stick to what they've voted, or if they'll give in
it needs to be a public poll for that and that is what I messed up. Don't worry my next job is running the FIA.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2941802)   #658
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never mind a poll, I demand a vote of no confidence in Adam.
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2941805)   #659
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
OK. How do we vote then?
Old 16 Aug 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2941813)   #660
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Never mind a poll, I demand a vote of no confidence in Adam.
it is alright, loads of people in obscure countries with no race tracks and barely and cars will keep me in.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 00:14 (Ref:2941915)   #661
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
it needs to be a public poll for that and that is what I messed up. Don't worry my next job is running the FIA.

Brilliant Adam, my vote is on the way...
Old 17 Aug 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2941994)   #662
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As it is now, the poll is probably a good reflection of public opinion - ambivalence.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2942111)   #663
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not voting until I know all the facts, so there could be a long wait!
Old 17 Aug 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2942149)   #664
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It might have been better to have had an option of 'buy Sky to watch all GP live' as the top one is likely to selected by people who already have the Sky packages.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2942165)   #665
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i chose the "Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights" option but for some GPs that are on sky i might end up going around my mates house to watch them
Old 17 Aug 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2942220)   #666
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't have Sky and I certainly won't be buying it for F1. I'll watch it on the Beeb as and when it's on, live or highlights.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2942226)   #667
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there should be a "Watch BBC live, then watch a stream for the Sky races, then watched the delayed highlights because the stream quality was rubbish" category?
Old 17 Aug 2011, 18:50 (Ref:2942230)   #668
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It didn't make the shortlist just like the option "won't watch as I'll be too busy thinking up obscure options for polls".

The buying sky question can be answered in armchair. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=129486&page=4
Old 17 Aug 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2942239)   #669
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where's the option for viewing on streams to spite Sky?
Old 17 Aug 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2942242)   #670
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You have to subscribe to see it
Old 17 Aug 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2942302)   #671
boyndie
Rookie

Scotland
Scottish Highlands
boyndie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst travelling south on the M6 to the "home of british motor racing" a few weeks back I noticed the M6 toll road. I instantly drew a comparison to this thread. Approx 20% of vehicles chose to pay extra to drive on another road instead of continuing on a road they have already paid for.
I guess some people see the benefits and pay accordingly, likewise with Sky (although I suspect the quality BBC coverage will be hard to top). Anyway, each to his own, BBC for me tho.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2942333)   #672
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyndie View Post
Whilst travelling south on the M6 to the "home of british motor racing" a few weeks back I noticed the M6 toll road. I instantly drew a comparison to this thread. Approx 20% of vehicles chose to pay extra to drive on another road instead of continuing on a road they have already paid for.
I guess some people see the benefits and pay accordingly, likewise with Sky (although I suspect the quality BBC coverage will be hard to top). Anyway, each to his own, BBC for me tho.
Isn't this like people who pay for private health care, yet still pay their national insurance?
Old 18 Aug 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2942622)   #673
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have a fairly basic version of Sky+ without Movies or Sport.

I'm going to miss seeing Spa live due to foolishly agreeing to help a mate race his car at a Silverstone clubbie, so I shall record it and watch it when I get home.

That's pretty much the same as watching the delayed BBC coverage next year, isn't it, provided they show the whole race?
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:29 (Ref:2942781)   #674
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've heard it is possible to watch Sky using alternative, varioius feeds on the interweb, not that I would really know.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2943753)   #675
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I've heard it is possible to watch Sky using alternative, varioius feeds on the interweb, not that I would really know.

Really now..
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky