Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2233590)   #1276
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo
At the time of the lead Porsches coming together, were the Ferraris catching them at all?
Risi was coming closer but the times were very comparable
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2233609)   #1277
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Gabriel , that works fine thanks . You kinda just shot yourself in the foot ..... I did have a screen saves of the Risi Fiat , but now I have a Lizard's 997 instead .....

Thank you so much
They do look the part when their nice and dirty . The Corvette's looked great with all the grime on them .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2233618)   #1278
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Yes Gabriel , that works fine thanks . You kinda just shot yourself in the foot ..... I did have a screen saves of the Risi Fiat , but now I have a Lizard's 997 instead .....

Thank you so much
They do look the part when their nice and dirty . The Corvette's looked great with all the grime on them .
get this one instead!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2233628)   #1279
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
Badger - Good to see you back safely mate.
I suppose it's a good thing I didn't go to Le Mans this year, as I would have gone into conniptions seeing that pitiful sight up on the screens.

Sorry, just popped in to make sure you guys were still having fun! But I have to ask, what the hell is a conniption?
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2233629)   #1280
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I most certainly will ..... what a brilliant drive from a brilliant team , I was gutted for them .
Got a nice dirty Felbermayr pic please ? This is starting to sound like an over 18 conversation !!!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2233630)   #1281
The Badger
Veteran

Tst .... the oppsite of a conn-option of course !!!

Salo was trying a con-option on Bergmeister , but did one with Long instead . Now you know mate .
Old 20 Jun 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2233641)   #1282
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
I most certainly will ..... what a brilliant drive from a brilliant team , I was gutted for them .
Got a nice dirty Felbermayr pic please ? This is starting to sound like an over 18 conversation !!!
send me a pm with your email and I'll send it
Old 20 Jun 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2233663)   #1283
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sorry, just popped in to make sure you guys were still having fun! But I have to ask, what the hell is a conniption?
Conniption is a noun referring to a fit of rage, hysteria or alarm.

Spyderman, you are right about what 0.8s adds up to, assuming that it is the real pace gap on average in the race (a rather hefty assumption), as you look at it over 24 hours. In terms of actual pace increase as extrapolated to more conventional sprint situations, it's not as hefty as all that. Nonetheless, Porsche have clearly upped their game, certainly over one lap - though I do find the whole "Porsche is faster now" thing funny when they were fastest at Le Mans last year too.

Gabriel, do you have any high-res versions of some of those pics? I would love a copy of the dirty Risi one for my desktop.

As of Porsche and Ferrari now, well, it looks like another dust-up is brewing at Adria!
Old 20 Jun 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2233664)   #1284
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Conniption is a noun referring to a fit of rage, hysteria or alarm.

Well, you learn something every day!

I now consider myself suitably h'educated..........
Old 21 Jun 2008, 06:34 (Ref:2233870)   #1285
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
@cmk - You are right of course. It is only a theoretical calculation of the potential differential between the two cars.
In the real world there are many factors (mostly uncontrollable) that alter the theoretical scenario.
From following the race (on live timing) it was gratifying (for us Porsche fans) to see that the race times were very even with a slight advantage to Porsche. (Fastest lap times, Ferrari would put in a fast time and Porsche would respond with a faster one).
You are also correct in pointing out that the 997 was faster than the F430 last year, but the difference was substantially less, and over a set of laps (say 10) the F430 gained the upper hand. (I think last years 997 was much harder on tires).
Anyway, whilst the Porsche is now substantially quicker on the longer circuits, it is still slightly (only by a hair) slower than the F430 on the shorter windy circuits.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2236026)   #1286
The Badger
Veteran

No smartarsse comments from the Fiat crew ..... my my , I am surprised !!!

Must be learning some etiquite from the Porsche fold , eh spyderman ?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2236613)   #1287
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No smartarsse comments from the Fiat crew ..... my my , I am surprised !!!

Must be learning some etiquite from the Porsche fold , eh spyderman ?
warrent you supposed to change your avatar and signature Badger,

(Ayse says - "give it a rest")

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Jun 2008 at 15:28.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2236695)   #1288
The Badger
Veteran

Eemm ..... we didnt get a pic , and I cant remember whet I said id change it too . Your having a laugh ..... lol
Old 25 Jun 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2237363)   #1289
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Badger, Dario and all other Porschephiles:

If you go to this site and choose "winning just for you" and a "lap at Nurburgring" I am sure you will be thoroughly entertained!

Enjoy!: http://www.porsche.com/microsite/web...specialguest=0
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:34 (Ref:2237419)   #1290
The Badger
Veteran

Cheers Spyder ..... you wouldnt happen to have a clip from the inside of a Fiat F430 ,would you mate ?

Would like to see the Ring one day , but the date is always too close to Le Mans , and to get away so soon before or after , I dont think so !!
Old 25 Jun 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2237444)   #1291
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
No clip of the Fiats but I do have this:
Old 25 Jun 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2237452)   #1292
The Badger
Veteran

Eemmm ..... there was a few of them at Le Mans last week ..... seemingly they won their class too !!! LMOA

Obviously the Porsche's hit trouble ?
Old 25 Jun 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2237459)   #1293
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Yes, rumor has it that Long took one just before starting his last stint.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2237462)   #1294
The Badger
Veteran

"ONE" ..... I heard he accidently swallowed the whole shagging box !!!

Nieman needed a few after the Long accident I heard too ?

I hear that Brielga and his crew take them as well , it helps some yaknow !?!?!?
Old 26 Jun 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2237687)   #1295
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
To Badger, Dario and all other Porschephiles:

If you go to this site and choose "winning just for you" and a "lap at Nurburgring" I am sure you will be thoroughly entertained!

Enjoy!: http://www.porsche.com/microsite/web...specialguest=0
Hey, me too

That was a great link! I love the in-car when they leave the new circuit and turn off onto the old, that is just addicting! That ain't some Disney Land ride!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2240199)   #1296
The Badger
Veteran

Ha , the PLM Spa entry list is up ..... pity them Fiat's ..... Porsche are out to give their arse's a right'ol flakeing , especially after that Le Mans thing !!!

http://www.planetlemans.com/fia-gt-2...pa-entry-list/

Prospeed have Collard-Westbrook-Lieb !!!

Is this the first time Collard-Lieb have been teamed together in the same car ?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2240208)   #1297
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi to all the Porsche lovers!
No, Badger, they don't have run on the same car, in this season.
I think Ferrari's crew will need to have Syperman's medicine to have a break from Spa disappointment!
Sorry for them, but... they'll need it!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 30 Jun 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2240226)   #1298
The Badger
Veteran

But did Collard-Lieb ever partner each other before ?

Where's that brielga person gone too ? He is surprisingly quite these days , no doubt concocting some brew or potion again .

I did get to meet him at Le Mans ..... very strange individual indeed !!!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2240411)   #1299
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
What is there to say after such a demolishing victory???? I see all you porsche guys and gals are already turning your eyes away from it and looking at Spa. Will it be another "boast before, silence later" session? Some of you have suddenly revived after being VERY silent for weeks!!!! Others...well, we are still enjoying VICTORY.
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2240431)   #1300
F360
Racer

F360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep ! Haven't felt the need to say anything