Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Feb 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3713152)   #1026
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They do have their warehouse where they stock all race cars and prototypes. I'm pretty sure one is kept there
Old 19 Feb 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3713154)   #1027
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
They do have their warehouse where they stock all race cars and prototypes. I'm pretty sure one is kept there
hidden under a blanket in the corner no doubt
Old 19 Feb 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3713165)   #1028
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
hidden under a blanket in the corner no doubt
Well, they do show off their R390's and R391 with no shame:
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=2079707
(I hope that it is ok to share this link to another forum again, as it was accepted when I posted it for the first time many years ago with the arguments that it contains wonderful images).

But I'm prolonging this off topic, so I'll stop now
Old 19 Feb 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3713228)   #1029
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that's a great addition to the museum.

The catastrophic failures are every bit as interesting as the success stories.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3713386)   #1030
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think that's a great addition to the museum.

The catastrophic failures are every bit as interesting as the success stories.
It's true. Never known so much chatter/hype/anger/hysteria around a sportscar project. I think it had as many pages on the forum thread as it did competitive laps completed.

Happy I got to see it compete. Can't honestly say with a straight face that I saw it "race".
Old 20 Feb 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3713395)   #1031
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's true. Never known so much chatter/hype/anger/hysteria around a sportscar project. I think it had as many pages on the forum thread as it did competitive laps completed.

Happy I got to see it compete. Can't honestly say with a straight face that I saw it "race".
You saw it compete with GTE-Am...
Old 20 Feb 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3713467)   #1032
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some changes being made around the back of the pits to improve emergency access.

http://www.endurance-info.com/en/new...mprove-safety/
Old 27 Feb 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3715073)   #1033
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An extension of the Mulsanne's mound is building, probably a ramp for wheelchairs...
Old 27 Feb 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3715124)   #1034
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
An extension of the Mulsanne's mound is building, probably a ramp for wheelchairs...
Probably like those put in at arnarge
Old 28 Feb 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3715272)   #1035
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
You saw it compete with GTE-Am...
Maybe "participate" is the more appropriate term...?

Last edited by jimclark; 28 Feb 2017 at 09:31.

jimclark
Old 3 Mar 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3716090)   #1036
Mike E
Veteran

Other changes

Anybody know if Audi will continue to supply course vehicles?
You would think it would be a great opportunity for BMW to announce their impending arrival.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3716144)   #1037
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think renault are this years supplier
Old 3 Mar 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3716156)   #1038
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That will ensure some very slow pace laps!!!!
Old 3 Mar 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3716165)   #1039
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
That will ensure some very slow pace laps!!!!
Unless 'Renault' means 'Alpine'.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...val-due-geneva
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3716930)   #1040
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
This may be of interest here - looking back 45 years to when we almost had a permanent - but very different, Le mans 24 Hours circuit!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...s-circuit.html
Old 7 Mar 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3716950)   #1041
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
This may be of interest here - looking back 45 years to when we almost had a permanent - but very different, Le mans 24 Hours circuit!

Phew!!!

jimclark
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3716995)   #1042
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post

Fascinating, thanks Graham.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3717026)   #1043
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Fascinating, thanks Graham.
Just read the article as well - thanks GG! Very interesting read!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3717054)   #1044
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, that DSC article was very interesting. Although I think it is for the best the circuit remains temporary and only used once per year for top level racing, makes it much more special.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3717109)   #1045
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I would have been ok with this one, especially if the new pseudo-Hunaudieres being private permanent track would have precluded the construction of chicanes later on.

Also, this sort of circuit may have sprouted a shorter version, fit for F1, MotoGP, GT racing and junior single-seaters, using part of or the full pseudo-Hunaudieres. I'd say that possibility would have been an interesting alternative to the dull Bugatti circuit.

Last edited by Beryl; 7 Mar 2017 at 20:36.
Old 8 Mar 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3717188)   #1046
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

I would have been ok with this one, especially if the new pseudo-Hunaudieres being private permanent track would have precluded the construction of chicanes later on.
'Curious...what makes you think that they wouldn't have been? I've got a very strong suspicion they would have. Everything's being emasculated these days...for many different reasons.

jimclark
Old 8 Mar 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3717229)   #1047
Mike E
Veteran

IIRC the maximum permitted length for straight sections of track under FIA sanction is 2km.
Old 8 Mar 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3717246)   #1048
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Yes, that DSC article was very interesting. Although I think it is for the best the circuit remains temporary and only used once per year for top level racing, makes it much more special.
I agree. Adds to the mystique of Le Mans. Plus I get run my rental car over the curbing during Le Mans week
Old 8 Mar 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3717338)   #1049
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
IIRC the maximum permitted length for straight sections of track under FIA sanction is 2km.
I stand corrected then. That 5 km pseudo-Hunaudieres would require two chicanes, same as the actual current Hunaudieres, and would be more chicane dense and slower than the actual circuit. That's not appealing.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3717431)   #1050
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I stand corrected then. That 5 km pseudo-Hunaudieres would require two chicanes, same as the actual current Hunaudieres, and would be more chicane dense and slower than the actual circuit. That's not appealing.
IIRC the two chicanes on the Mulsanne Straight were introduced by the FIA in a fit of pique when the ACO defied Jean-Marie Balestre. Irresistible force meets immovable object.

Derek Bell's autobiography contains a brilliant passage in which he describes the original straight as being an opportunity to relax and look at the stars