Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Dec 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3487497)   #501
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEDZwvFJuc

In more recent builds the wheel is in the right place
Old 24 Dec 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3487724)   #502
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ferris wheel has moved several times since i have been attending
Old 31 Dec 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3488954)   #503
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I really liked the view from the ferris wheel when it was positioned just after te dunlop bridge beforen the esses.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3497966)   #504
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more updates on circuit work. I'm not sure if any of this is news actually.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24...746_18609.html
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3497969)   #505
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Some more updates on circuit work. I'm not sure if any of this is news actually.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/24...746_18609.html
An interesting way they put this:
Quote:
On the right-hand side, a “soft wall” SAFER barrier will be placed against the concrete slabs on the first curve of the bridge and grip will be significantly improved on the verge just after the second curve.
Faster speeds through the Porsche curves. Not sure that is a good idea.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3497976)   #506
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This will effectively widen the track in the same way as the extended curbs will earlier in the lap. I am really curious to see how much these tarmac extensions get used during the race.

Last edited by Mike E; 27 Jan 2015 at 13:01.
Old 27 Jan 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3498001)   #507
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every single lap... they haven't had the guts to punish them before, why start now
Old 31 Jan 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3499512)   #508
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
On the left-hand side of the first curve, the gravel trap will be widened by 30 metres and preceded by a concrete-surfaced section. Consequently, the spectators’ area will be moved back.
The way that is written has to mean first gravel (next to the track), then concerete before the wall and spectator area.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 06:30 (Ref:3499654)   #509
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The way that is written has to mean first gravel (next to the track), then concerete before the wall and spectator area.
I think its says the opposite with the concrete area before the gravel then the wall/spectator area
Old 1 Feb 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3499676)   #510
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Now reading it again, probably
Old 4 Feb 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3500957)   #511
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now in finished form looks visually slightly less terrible than feared and pretty much identical to Mulsanne straight 'shoulders', but that's still gonna result in some major shortcut violations.

Old 7 Feb 2015, 17:09 (Ref:3502400)   #512
deggis
Veteran

Finland
That's a straight for a driver.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3502528)   #513
Mike E
Veteran

Qualifying lap record coming up!
Old 9 Feb 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3503261)   #514
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they do cut those corners they'll arive at the entry going faster than normal... could be exciting for those not expecting it.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3503411)   #515
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Qualifying lap record coming up!
Then ACO can pull out the magical "3:30" safety limit and slow down the cars and then add yet more asphalt. Endless loop.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3503710)   #516
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wish they would just leave the circuit alone. I mean, i'm all for changes to the barriers in the light of Simonsen's terrible crash, that's just common sense and was probably a terrible oversight on behalf of the track organisers, however I don't really agree on making changes to the run off zones, especially tarmac run off. Safer barriers are fine, they still punish the driver but lessen the chance of injury, that's a good thing, but i'm firmly against any major changes that reduce the challenge of the circuit.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3503722)   #517
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
If they do cut those corners they'll arive at the entry going faster than normal... could be exciting for those not expecting it.
Doesn't matter, they're gonna pour that entry full of asphalt like Pouhon in wee while, surely.

AS: The run-off will be increased by approximately 30 metres and is part of a rolling upgrade of the Porsche Curves that will take three to four years to complete.

I don't think there will be any grass/gravel left in the Curves by the end of the decade, and by 2025 nowhere else on the circuit either (except maybe half a meter outer rim remains in places). Well, Pandemonium sure is gonna love that at least, Le Mans turning into Bahrain asphalt box for F1 driver nannysitting.

Anyway, "This will make it much safer" of yours Lord Beaumesnil - yeah right we'll get back to it when they start crashing in these new high speed "hi violate me please there's no punishment" sections have you done

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Feb 2015 at 19:18.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3503968)   #518
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chiana we should meet someday at Le Mans and have a cup of coffee.
No but really I do not like how those changes look in your double picture comparison
On the other hand one picture is sunnier and more lively than the other one but still...
I do like grass and trees. It seems like it is getting full of asphalt and barriers. But what can you do? Maybe just having a huge grass runoff. But that will probably never happen.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3503972)   #519
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I wish they would just leave the circuit alone. I mean, i'm all for changes to the barriers in the light of Simonsen's terrible crash, that's just common sense and was probably a terrible oversight on behalf of the track organisers, however I don't really agree on making changes to the run off zones, especially tarmac run off. Safer barriers are fine, they still punish the driver but lessen the chance of injury, that's a good thing, but i'm firmly against any major changes that reduce the challenge of the circuit.
+1

and ... major changes that reduce the CHARACTER of the circuit.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3503973)   #520
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The basics of racing will not be effected by it - in other words, the racing line will still be predominantly outside-inside-outside. There'll be hardly any incentive to stick all the way to the right going into the Porsche Curves knowing that part of the track will be more dirty than the lefthand side (even more so on the tarmac right shoulder) and screwing up your line thru the first part of the curves - losing much more time in the process.

Will it make drivers trying to take more speed into the first right hander there? O, absolutely! It will also provoke a few more 'banzai moves' when the P1 factory armada is lapping the slower guys but that's more down to the extra competition than the slightly 'adjusted' track lay-out imo.

Only fear will be when things go wrong - the accident could be more severe because of the higher entry speed and higher risks the drivers inevitably are going to take.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3503975)   #521
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - but you could get 3 -wide through there now.... actually, that might not be so bad!!!
Old 11 Feb 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3504047)   #522
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Old 11 Feb 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3504053)   #523
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect that there will be some 'discouragement' to use the new tarmac on a normal lap. Otherwise, as highlighted, the runoff is actually less.

We need to see it complete and when the track is live to really tell before we jump straight into slagging off the ACO. I know we like to automatically see the worse, but I'd like to know more.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3504055)   #524
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I suspect that there will be some 'discouragement' to use the new tarmac on a normal lap. Otherwise, as highlighted, the runoff is actually less.

We need to see it complete and when the track is live to really tell before we jump straight into slagging off the ACO. I know we like to automatically see the worse, but I'd like to know more.
Always assume the worst when it comes to track alterations. I can think of very few track changes where it actually changed for the better. Imola's 2007 makeover is one exception that springs to mind however, oh and the new Foggy's chicane @ Donington I think is better than the old one.
Old 13 Feb 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3504532)   #525
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

Ditto.

More catch fence aswell.

Jeez, starting to look like outside perimeter of sellafeild.