Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Oct 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3683423)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The grandstand ticket only allows you to view from that grandstand although everyone can use the grandstands on Wednesday/thursday for practice/qualy and to be honest security at the grandstands can be a little lax during the wee hours on sunday morning. However in 31 trips to the main event i have never had a grandstand ticket and happy to watch the race from the vast area around the circuit that needs nothing more than a GE ticket
It's horses for courses and Simon and I have danced this particular dance many times before. Unlike Simon, since about 2003 I have always had a grandstand seat and would always buy one now. It really depends on how you like to do Le Mans. Our group are quite 'studious' about the race and like to sit and watch qually and the race for quite long periods as strategies unfold. It's not unusual for us to stay in our grandstand seats for 4-5 hours after the start of the race, another hour or two around midnight and then a couple of hours at the end of the race. We get good value out of them! On the other hand, if you're a roamer or if you're going to go off for lengthy periods at the bars, or dare I say if you're going to commit the heinous sin of sleeping during the night, perhaps a grandstand seat isn't for you!
Old 28 Oct 2016, 07:09 (Ref:3683542)   #77
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it is horses for courses, i do use grandstands for the classic and enjoy the facilities in the ACO stand, and yes i do grab a few hours sleep before getting up about an hour before sun rise (my favourite time) but i head back home on sunday so a little sleep is safer than driving back too tired.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3683548)   #78
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you all for your help.

I am thinking of getting both a grandstand and a roaming ticket for my first time and I will see what I enjoy and move on from there for the future.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3683602)   #79
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
No official word from Nadine yet, but my credit card was charged with a considerable amount of money, and when checking 'mes commandes' at the billeterie at lemans.org, I could see I have my usual allocation of 3 Tertre Rouge tickets. Thank you Nadine!
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3683622)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
No official word from Nadine yet, but my credit card was charged with a considerable amount of money, and when checking 'mes commandes' at the billeterie at lemans.org, I could see I have my usual allocation of 3 Tertre Rouge tickets. Thank you Nadine!
My debit has gone through as well so very happy, tried to check on the aco site but can't seem to find out how to renew my membership which is due November.

cost have gone up alarmingly in sterling, last year charge everyone £160 a set but will need to charge £180 this year, as long as i get them,
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3683623)   #81
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got my tickets.
So excited for this. Now only the matter of 8 months until the race.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3683626)   #82
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
Got my tickets.
So excited for this. Now only the matter of 8 months until the race.
so where will you be pitching your tent?
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3683628)   #83
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Quote:
so where will you be pitching your tent?
I am not camping. Got accommodation quite close to the track. I am not planning on sleeping overnight though.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3683630)   #84
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I am not camping. Got accommodation quite close to the track. I am not planning on sleeping overnight though.
a namby then?, you will miss out on a lot of then fun the campsites are a huge part of the event drinking and eating with like minded people for a whole week and meeting up with the friends you have not seem for a year
Old 28 Oct 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3683631)   #85
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
namby?

This is my first time, plus I am coming with my father, no way of getting him to camp.
Also we will only be arriving on Thursday, so not doing a full week.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3683633)   #86
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
namby?

This is my first time, plus I am coming with my father, no way of getting him to camp.
Also we will only be arriving on Thursday, so not doing a full week.
Namby-pamby, those people who chooses the comfort over the experience . (a loving tease here on the forum)
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3683634)   #87
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Well guess I am a namby for this year :P

Is there any way you can enter the camps during the race or do you need to have a camping ticket?
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3683635)   #88
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Is there any way you can enter the camps during the race or do you need to have a camping ticket?
That is different from camp to camp, some are open to public, others you need GA ticket (normal ticket) and some you need to have a specific camping pass to gain entry to.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3683643)   #89
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Pilgrim1975 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race ticket and camping permit bought and paid for.

I'll be on Expo as soon as it opens.
Old 28 Oct 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3683650)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

Some sites have very good security so you need a pass(given when you leave) to get back in but we usually get a few guests in to our site on tertre Rouge for drinks/food during the week, oh by the way we all meet up on the saturday at around 12.00 for drinks and nibbles, a separate thread on that will be opened up nearer the time one of the highlights of the week most will agree

And do not worry there are a few namby pambys on here and the hard core campers always take the micky
Old 28 Oct 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3683667)   #91
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
a namby then?, you will miss out on a lot of then fun the campsites are a huge part of the event drinking and eating with like minded people for a whole week and meeting up with the friends you have not seem for a year
Don't listen to him - you won't miss anything - you may even be sober and stay awake for the race......
Old 29 Oct 2016, 12:47 (Ref:3683834)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well apart from the great camping experience and that will be replaced by all that travelling time spent in the queues to get anywhere with all the roads closed, but some old people like a comfortable bed rather than a good time
Old 29 Oct 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3683869)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very few queues Simon, certainly not after qually on Wednesday and Thursday and less than 24 minutes after the race from parking blanc to hotel. The point to make though is the good thing about Le Mans is that you can do it how you want to - there are various ways, and regulars like you and I become set in them. It doesn't matter as long as you enjoy what you're doing!
Old 29 Oct 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3683886)   #94
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Agreed Andrew, but a young first timer to le mans would i think be better suited to camping that someone of more senior years but do pop in and have a drink with the usual mob in TR in June
Old 29 Oct 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3683894)   #95
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe, but camping isn't for everyone, even if they're young and a Le Mans rookie!
Old 31 Oct 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3684281)   #96
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
Haha enjoying the debate.

I am not much of a fan of camping and I am also coming with my father who for sure will not camp.

But maybe next time
Old 31 Oct 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3684283)   #97
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tickets and ferry booked today. Camping as usual. Allon on the ferry to drop off at namby central and Joe (can't remember what he calls himself on here) is coming again as he has permission to miss his wedding anniversary for the second year in a row :-)
Old 2 Nov 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3684813)   #98
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Will be back at Terte Rouge next year, confirmation arrived this week, also trying out another grand stand, t21 tavano, anyone been on that one?
Old 2 Nov 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3684834)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
See you there (hopefully)
Old 3 Nov 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3685030)   #100
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Will be back at Terte Rouge next year, confirmation arrived this week, also trying out another grand stand, t21 tavano, anyone been on that one?
That's the first grandstand I ever sat in. Great if you want to see pit in, and close to Ford as well. Amazing for the podium! I'm not the person to ask about that section of grandstand though, I'm not a fan of watching the cars go straight by every time. I'm more of a Ford, Dunlop chicane kind of guy.