Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:20 (Ref:2092163)   #1
GroupC4ever
Rookie

GroupC4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manufactures you would like to see enter into Sportscars?

Is there any manufactures you would like to see enter into sportscars who currently aren't?

I myself would like to see a return of Nissan and Toyota in LMP-1. It would be great to see both of them in ALMS and LMS plus the 24 hours of Le Mans.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ford LMP-1 under the Ford banner in ALMS and under the Jaguar banner in LMS.

What do you think?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:33 (Ref:2092168)   #2
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it'd be nice to see the Carrera GT and Koenigsegg that were "built" for GT1 a while back.

I'd love to see my own manufacturer at Le Mans; the Yorath LMP1 has a nice ring to it
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2092184)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to see Caddilac, but that may actually be happening and a factory supported Viper effort from Dodge would be pretty sweet. However, the biggest I would like to see in ALMS/LMS would be BMW and M-B.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2092192)   #4
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The clash of the titans: Porsche versus Ferrari in LMP1 closed prototypes at Le Mans.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2092212)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In LMP1: Toyota (or Lexus), Nissan and of course Ferrari and Porsche.

But every manufacturer is welcome in sportscar racing (from Dacia to Volvo).
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:44 (Ref:2092226)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar, they should be in it. Jaguar and Le-mans go together like Tea and Biscuits, Like Egg and Steak, Like Eric B And Rakim, Like Jordan and the Bulls and many other accompaniments/Pairings we've all come to love/know. I'd Love Mazda to give it a proper go, not some hash-up branding we are seeing. Toyota, Nissan, Ferrari, Porsche (all LMP1 of course) Id also like to see a manufacture from South Korea, Hyundai or Kia.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2092229)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I forgot Jaguar.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:49 (Ref:2092231)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
How about we cut this thread short, and just say we'd like to see everybody who is not involved now?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:52 (Ref:2092234)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
How about we cut this thread short, and just say we'd like to see everybody who is not involved now?
YES (except Mercedes...)
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:06 (Ref:2092246)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd not only like to see Jaguar at Le Mans, they bloody well need to be there, their sporting image is absolutely rock bottom, they're back with their old man image.

Jaguars now almost forgotte F1 escapade proves a manufactuer has to choose their program very carefully.

We all realise F1 recieves mega publicity, but I'm convinced Jaguars sporting image and cool factor would have been transformed if they'd returned to Le Mans/LMS/ALMS with a P1 program.

Hopefully the Apex GT3 XKR program will grow into something bigger very soon, Jaguar sure do need it to.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:34 (Ref:2092267)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Subaru in LMP2 with their WRX turbo engine....They would flame Porsche's butts....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:40 (Ref:2092272)   #12
XJR88
Rookie

England
England
XJR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Subaru in LMP2 with their WRX turbo engine....They would flame Porsche's butts....
Now there's an offbeat idea....but I like it Personally I'd love to see Jaguar back
Old 19 Dec 2007, 23:09 (Ref:2092340)   #13
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of a spyker prototype. Orange is a winner's colour!

And yeah, no M-B, YUCK. They'd end up being big, white with massive wheels and tinted screens. And they'd install ICE and still win...
Old 19 Dec 2007, 23:33 (Ref:2092352)   #14
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see a Ford vs. Chevy battle in LMP1 here in the ALMS. Then continue the fight at Le Mans against the rest of the world.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 23:43 (Ref:2092356)   #15
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 (all closed top)
Porsche - spiritual sucessor to the GT1 '98, mainly customer cars and a few works.
Toyota - petrol-electric hybrid
Corvette - C6 based LMP:

Aston Martin - AMR3, DBR9 styling.
Renault - diesel.
Jaguar - sucessor to XJR racing cars (XJR-18)

GT1
Ferrari 599
Porsche 911 GT2
Mercedes SLR McLaren
Nissan GT-R
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 20 Dec 2007, 00:35 (Ref:2092383)   #16
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skoda, Trabant and Tatra. If these guys get involved it indicates that the LM grid applications will number more than 100--at the manufacturer level.

Only problem is with the Trabbies. Too much smoke. They would have to run particulate filters...made of cobalt mesh.

If the ACO don't take them, SRO will !! in..........hmmmm......GT 3/////4/////5//////8/////////12.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 01:02 (Ref:2092392)   #17
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None if they are going to jack up the price of being competitive and run away after a couple years, leaving a legacy of depleted fields and overpriced racing.

But

I would like to see Renault back, Nissan too. I would like to see BMW have a go and Lancia needs to return to international racing - another LC2 (albeit a little more reliable would be nice). And something big and American in P1...
Old 20 Dec 2007, 01:09 (Ref:2092394)   #18
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
And yeah, no M-B, YUCK. They'd end up being big, white with massive wheels and tinted screens. And they'd install ICE and still win...
Why no Mercedes Benz? They are the grandads of endurance racing. Their colour, post 1936 has been Silver, its not Mercedes' fault that some of the less discerning customers ruin their cars by purchasing a white car, fitting huge "bling" wheels and tinting the windows. Some Mercedes enthusiasts keep their cars factory fresh.

I would love to see a new Mercedes Benz prototype at Le Mans, actually, I have one ready and waiting to be developed into a full race car...waiting for the call anyday now.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 01:36 (Ref:2092404)   #19
GroupC4ever
Rookie

GroupC4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo
None if they are going to jack up the price of being competitive and run away after a couple years, leaving a legacy of depleted fields and overpriced racing.

But

I would like to see Renault back, Nissan too. I would like to see BMW have a go and Lancia needs to return to international racing - another LC2 (albeit a little more reliable would be nice). And something big and American in P1...
This is so true! I believe that every manufacturer should get involved by providing cars to clients and provide the support along with R&D.

I believe it is funny when Ecclestone wants other manufacturers to commit to F1 instead of privateers. One day, manufacturers will drop their F1 effort. He will then kiss privateers A**.

You are right, a Renault's return would be great!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2092477)   #20
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Many years ago, a book was produced for charity entitled something like "The World's Shortest Books". It contained a list of fictional books which would have been very short.

One entry was: "The C5 at Le Mans - the Glory Years"

This was in the days when Citroen hadn't thought of a car called the C5, but Sir Clive Sinclair had.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 10:41 (Ref:2092545)   #21
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
Jaguar, they should be in it. Jaguar and Le-mans go together like Tea and Biscuits, Like Egg and Steak, Like Eric B And Rakim, Like Jordan and the Bulls and many other accompaniments/Pairings we've all come to love/know. I'd Love Mazda to give it a proper go, not some hash-up branding we are seeing. Toyota, Nissan, Ferrari, Porsche (all LMP1 of course) Id also like to see a manufacture from South Korea, Hyundai or Kia.
Oh, snap!!!! Eric B and Rakim!!!!! You are really going old-school on us!!!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 13:55 (Ref:2092677)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Why no Mercedes Benz? They are the grandads of endurance racing. Their colour, post 1936 has been Silver, its not Mercedes' fault that some of the less discerning customers ruin their cars by purchasing a white car, fitting huge "bling" wheels and tinting the windows. Some Mercedes enthusiasts keep their cars factory fresh.
I happen to think their cars are brutally ugly, myself. The ACO's idea of making LMP's look a little more road car-like means those horrible Mercedes grills and lights would be slapped on their racing car too. Argh, horrible.

Factory presence from Mercedes and Ferrari would result in characters like Norbert Haug and Jean Todt (or successors shaped in their image) at Le Mans - something I'd truly hate to see.

I think putting Porsche and Acura/Honda in P1 along with Corvette and Jaguar is the best idea - no particularly new manufacturers but allowing privateers into LMP2 and gives the Corvettes a newer playing field after their domination of GT1. I guess Mazda should play a part too.

I'd also like to see Audi in GT2 and for Lamborghini to have a GT1 car built for the new set of rules. Oh, let's have another GT1 Viper too!
Old 20 Dec 2007, 14:01 (Ref:2092681)   #23
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not Mercedes? They do, after all, make a flipping good car.......

.... I'll get my coat...
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:49 (Ref:2092750)   #24
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Why not Mercedes? They do, after all, make a flipping good car.......

.... I'll get my coat...
You mean like this? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIYwYvDluOY
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 20 Dec 2007, 16:17 (Ref:2092781)   #25
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep! That was our second visit to Le Mans, a year to remember!