Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3353443)   #1
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
John Button dies of heart attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...k-aged-70.html
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3353449)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
R.I.P. his dad. We will miss him.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3353455)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Very, very, sad. He had racing in his blood. R.I.P. John Button.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3353457)   #4
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
How sad? Terrible, Always remember a huge smile and enthusiasm.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3353463)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sad news indeed rip.

statement from mclaren

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/insi...o-john-button/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3353480)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The greatest karting Dad ever, bar none. Put back more into the sport than he ever took, and his Son is the embodiment of all that style and grace.

Rest in Peace JB Snr
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3353482)   #7
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sad news,at least he had the pleasure of seeing a son win the WDC which sets him apart from most fathers.RIP.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3353486)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sad news. Always came across as a nice man with a huge enthusiasm for motor racing, and enormous pride in his son.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3353503)   #9
katrina.kershaw.7
Racer

katrina.kershaw.7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Button

So sad to read of the passing of this lovely man. http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-...-dies-aged-70/
R.I.P xx
Old 13 Jan 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3353511)   #10
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Button RIP

Very sad to hear of the passing of Jenson's father, John, of a suspected heart attack. A true gentleman, always smiling and pleasant. Condolences to Jenson, family and friends.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3353516)   #11
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After the Wheldon's, John & Jenson were our biggest rivals in 8 seasons of Junior Karting and 2 seasons of International Karting.

I will remember John as a VERY worthy competitor, and much better than me at getting his son into motor racing, and on into the top level.

I think you ticked all your boxes mate R.I.P.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3353527)   #12
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My sympathies to all his family. A great enthusiast and competitor. RIP
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3353543)   #13
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Simply terrible news. He was too young.

R.I.P. John Button
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3353570)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tremendously sad news. My thoughts are with Jenson and all the family.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3353578)   #15
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to admit I first read this as "Jenson" instead of "John". My condolences to the Button family and friends. I saw reports how he was at all but one of Jenson's GP starts (?) He always seemed to be right there in the garage supporting his son.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 13 Jan 2014 at 19:58.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3353594)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's just sad, my thoughts are with the family.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3353622)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
After the Wheldon's, John & Jenson were our biggest rivals in 8 seasons of Junior Karting and 2 seasons of International Karting.

I will remember John as a VERY worthy competitor, and much better than me at getting his son into motor racing, and on into the top level.

I think you ticked all your boxes mate R.I.P.
touching post. thank you for sharing.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3353623)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Condolences to the family. John always seemed to be having the time of his life there watching Jenson and it was well deserved after his efforts bringing him up.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3353639)   #19
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad news , always made me smile to see John in Jenson's garage . My thoughts are with you and your family Jenson . R.I.P John Button .
Old 13 Jan 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3353646)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
R.I.P John Button and condolences to Jenson and the rest of his family.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3353648)   #21
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RIP John

I was only thinking last season while he was talking to sky how great he looked for 70 when they mentioned his age.He seemed a really upbeat proud father jenson has done him proud indeed
Old 13 Jan 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3353653)   #22
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P. John you were a Great Father and inspiration to Jenson.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3353669)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will miss his face as he was regularly seen on tv every second weekend. He died a very proud man....R.I.P.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3353670)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
RIP John Button you always brought a smile to my face..

You seemed like such a nice bloke and full of enthusiasm for Jenson's success...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 02:46 (Ref:3353691)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sorry to hear of this. His presence even just on the TV screen alone was larger than life. He seemed the most gregarious and unaffected person on the grid and a great antidote to the otherwise sullen PR types, dizzy celebrities and drivers-in the-zone that otherwise dominate the sport. RIP.