Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3715930)   #126
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors is now Motorsport TV apparently

Late to the party as always! Anyway, I was surprised to see an advert tonight proclaiming Motors is now Motorsport TV apparently with HD and all that coming. Blimey!

Back to hide under my rock.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3715933)   #127
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
..like buying a CD.

While reading this I'm listening to an LP.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3715934)   #128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Late to the party as always! Anyway, I was surprised to see an advert tonight proclaiming Motors is now Motorsport TV apparently with HD and all that coming. Blimey!

Back to hide under my rock.
Hurrah HD. Bring it on.

Yes, Zak bought MotorsTV as part of his spending spree that included Autosport back end of last year.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3716019)   #129
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where can we see Motorsport TV in the UK these days? I hope it ends up back on a terrestrial channel.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 3 Mar 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3716044)   #130
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Where can we see Motorsport TV in the UK these days? I hope it ends up back on a terrestrial channel.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Think you will need a satalite dish

What has me baffled is HD-has anyone noticed any improvement over the old format? I have HD ready TV and skybox. Need more payment to receive SKY or ITV HD channels.BBC & now aparently motorsport TV are already in HD.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3716143)   #131
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quality of picture is still not great.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3716172)   #132
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
What has me baffled is HD-has anyone noticed any improvement over the old format?
New name but still the same old vague PR department. Although they are have said that they are broadcasting in HD they have now said that it takes a while before Sky will action those changes (as it means 2 channels, one in HD and one for those still in HD, plus the necessary channel number swap on the EPG).

Some of the source material will still be supplied to them in SD so expect some up-scaled SD and some native HD, once it finally appears
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3716929)   #133
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
New name but still the same old vague PR department. Although they are have said that they are broadcasting in HD they have now said that it takes a while before Sky will action those changes (as it means 2 channels, one in HD and one for those still in HD, plus the necessary channel number swap on the EPG).

Some of the source material will still be supplied to them in SD so expect some up-scaled SD and some native HD, once it finally appears
One thing which occasionally bugs me about Motors is, if they take an event feed where they are clearly issues with sound synchronisation or some other mishap like picture loss or whatever, they don't bother to fix these in the highlights or replay transmissions.

I guess it's because of the costs and effort involved? I see the first round of the Aussie Supercars had some sound issues and guess what? The highlights are going out with the same glaring issue. Not great quality control but then I don't know anything about the intricacies of broadcasting and maybe such problems cannot be fixed because of the source?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3717143)   #134
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could be something as simple as the transmission which was essentially a local broadcast only used one set of cue marks which were broadcast before Motors/motorsports TV picked up the feed.
Therefore they had nothing to synchronise on in order to re-dub the sound over the pictures.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3724214)   #135
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So have i missed something or has both Blancpain GT and V8SC been removed from the programming from now on?
V8's 3&4 are this weekend and didn't Blancpain start last week?!
Old 6 Apr 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3724235)   #136
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that was the 1 hour one that normally not shown live on Motorsport TV, it be the longer races that MotorsportTV will show
Old 7 Apr 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3724292)   #137
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
that was the 1 hour one that normally not shown live on Motorsport TV, it be the longer races that MotorsportTV will show
Blancpain race was on BTsport/ESPN
Old 8 Apr 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3724528)   #138
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes thx guys. The blancpain i saw on motorsport was a review of 16. The Endurance series doesn't start til later this month!
Not sure where Symmons Plain V8's listings are though. Were they only going to show Adelaide?
Old 18 Apr 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3727512)   #139
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussie V8 Supercars from Tasmania is in the loop now on Motorsport tv.
We seem to be totally spoiled for sports car racing this year. WEC, IMSA, ELMS, Blancpain, ADAC, and British GT.
I have been loving the Lucas Oil Off Road trucks and buggies.
The picture quality seems to vary between HD and dial up.
I wish they could manage to get the schedule to match the Sky EPG, I keep turning on to watch and there is a totally different series racing.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3728013)   #140
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I wish they could manage to get the schedule to match the Sky EPG, I keep turning on to watch and there is a totally different series racing.
This has been going on for years. I recorded the opening rounds of the Caterham championships, only to find that the programme actually started 25 minutes before what was listed on the EPG. The channel might be under new ownership but still suffers from the same level of complete incompetence and laziness. But this is what happens when you live in an age where nobody can be bothered to put any effort into anything.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3728017)   #141
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or that is what happens when not everything that was based in Paris has moved yet.... ;-)
Old 21 Apr 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3728197)   #142
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
You pay for access to EPG changes, the Major channels like BBC ITV etc, pay for 24/7 instant change capability, so that if like the other day ITV dropped this morning, for ITV News and the BBC shifted BBC1 programmes to BBC 2 and brought the simulcast News channel over from BBC 2 to BBC 1. Their EPGs changed immediately to reflect that. The next step down is daytime instant change in recent years this is what the likes of Eurosport have now. Below the is a 24 hours notice type, then week in advance.

Motors TV have always had the lowest/cheapest EPG rating so on submitting schedules to the EPG 2 weeks or more in advance, they are guessing at how long edits of programmes will be, or that the independent production company will deliver the "tape" in time for the schedule first showing.

Remember in most cases the event won't even have happened when they set the schedules.

With Motorsport.com taking over, they say they are going to invest in the channel, I'm guessing that will include not just the promised HD channel but improved EPG change access so that schedules will updated as required.
Old 21 Apr 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3728228)   #143
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
If Motorsport.com are reading it works like this. If they go HD and I can reliably find out when I can watch then I shall start watching it again. You never know I might even see an advert and buy one of those products.

Good and reliable.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3728347)   #144
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Blancpain Endurance Monza not listed?! SRO website says the channel is showing it?
Is this just an oversight by motorsporttv?
Old 25 Apr 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3729091)   #145
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
You pay for access to EPG changes, the Major channels like BBC ITV etc, pay for 24/7 instant change capability, so that if like the other day ITV dropped this morning, for ITV News and the BBC shifted BBC1 programmes to BBC 2 and brought the simulcast News channel over from BBC 2 to BBC 1. Their EPGs changed immediately to reflect that. The next step down is daytime instant change in recent years this is what the likes of Eurosport have now. Below the is a 24 hours notice type, then week in advance.

Motors TV have always had the lowest/cheapest EPG rating so on submitting schedules to the EPG 2 weeks or more in advance, they are guessing at how long edits of programmes will be, or that the independent production company will deliver the "tape" in time for the schedule first showing.

Remember in most cases the event won't even have happened when they set the schedules.

With Motorsport.com taking over, they say they are going to invest in the channel, I'm guessing that will include not just the promised HD channel but improved EPG change access so that schedules will updated as required.
I dig what you are saying. I did some homework into the Sky EPG last year when Motorstv went off air. The charges to get a channel number and listing on the EPG are practically scandalous.
However, motorsport.tv is the only channel out of hundreds that is so consistently off target. A lot of the races are weeks old, or even highlights from last season, and repeated incessantly, so they know exactly how long the shows are. Broadcasting a race five minutes early is really frustrating and I think inexcusable. I can't understand why they show a different series when both are in the loop being repeated all week.
The production company is obviously the same as the mistakes are identical as to when it was motorstv.
They lose me from watching for hours a week, expand that nationally, and you have a serious drop in ratings.
I hope they can pull their fingers out soon.
Old 3 May 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3730766)   #146
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I thought I'd watch the Pick Ups from Brands. It was going fine until the third part of the programme, in which they decided to show BRSCC MX-5's.

They've got to be doing this on purpose. It surely can't be possible to be that incompetent.
Old 3 May 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3730847)   #147
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's even worse than Eurosport used to be. Live Indycar becoming recorded Tennis.
Old 4 May 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3731043)   #148
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's even worse than Eurosport used to be. Live Indycar becoming recorded Tennis.
😂 don't remind me!!!
Old 8 May 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3732179)   #149
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might be interested to know that BARC are now showing several programmes (previously shown on Motorsport TV) on www.barctv.net This is free to view and can be accessed at any time, plus there are no adverts!