Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3772015)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2017 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX

Will there be gratings? Will Vettel and Stroll avoid each other? Will there be some overtaking? Who will be the frst to hit the wall at Turn 9?

Do we care?

Over to you................................
Old 5 Oct 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3772102)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's probably worth putting a bet on Vettel/Verstappen/Raikkonen as to whether they have a first corner (or lap) "incident" !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Oct 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3772111)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I had a dream the other day that Hamilton and Vettel were on the front row in that order, then Vettel bogged down at the start and Kimi had a coming together with the other Mercedes of Rosberg(!) and ended up rolling through the first bend
Old 5 Oct 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3772120)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delusional.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3772222)   #5
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one thing is certain, Vettel to complain about something.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3772236)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
One of the most challenging circuits of the year.

Question is, are the Mercs going to sandbag this one too, or is everyone going to come to the race?

The championship is now Lewis' to lose, steady from here will ensure the WDC for him.

The Max Vettel dynamic is a tad more complex.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3772257)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Rain...
Old 6 Oct 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3772264)   #8
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Rain...
Oh dear... how did the Ferrari drivers go in the rain compared to when it was dry?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3772267)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Oh dear... how did the Ferrari drivers go in the rain compared to when it was dry?
Far too cryptic for me! Especially as Ferrari, like most other teams, didn't even attempt to set any times as the weather was so atrocious. I suppose that next you will be saying that Bottas was slow as well because he didn't even bother to get in the car, let alone venture out on track.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3772269)   #10
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Bottas was slow.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3772288)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I see Sainz has crashed and has immediately held his hands up. Glad that car was repaired in time for FP2
Old 7 Oct 2017, 02:07 (Ref:3772399)   #12
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Dear Mr Fernando Alonso,

I have not been too pleased with your comments in regards to our engine in the recent history of our partnership. Your comments have done much damage to Honda's reputation around the world, and especially, here in Honda's home country of Japan.

So, in light of this, I took it upon myself many months ago to reserve a special spot for you on the grid when you were in Japan. Say hello to the very back of the grid Mr Alonso. Enjoy your race!

Best regards,

Masashi Yamamoto.
General Manager, Honda motorsport
Old 7 Oct 2017, 06:08 (Ref:3772417)   #13
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
*Tin hat on*

Hmmm.. so Raikkonen needs a new gearbox because of his brush with the padded barrier in FP3, but Vettel doesn't need a new gearbox after ripping off his left rear wheel and suspension off his car in Malaysia??

Interesting.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3772427)   #14
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
*Tin hat on*

Hmmm.. so Raikkonen needs a new gearbox because of his brush with the padded barrier in FP3, but Vettel doesn't need a new gearbox after ripping off his left rear wheel and suspension off his car in Malaysia??

Interesting.
Quite simple really.
Vettel's axle was pulled out of the box - causing no internal damage.
Raikkonen's axle was pushed in to the box - causing internal damage.

Not sure what the tin hat would be needed for???
Old 7 Oct 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3772430)   #15
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For getting the right background to one‘s alternative facts. Remember, Mercedes also has nothing on Ferrari (except maybe the faster car, as shown by a 1—2 in quali). .
Old 7 Oct 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3772438)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Dear Mr Fernando Alonso,

I have not been too pleased with your comments in regards to our engine in the recent history of our partnership. Your comments have done much damage to Honda's reputation around the world, and especially, here in Honda's home country of Japan.

So, in light of this, I took it upon myself many months ago to reserve a special spot for you on the grid when you were in Japan. Say hello to the very back of the grid Mr Alonso. Enjoy your race!

Best regards,

Masashi Yamamoto.
General Manager, Honda motorsport
Dear Mr. Yamamoto

I am disappointed that your promised upgrade for Japan will not arrive in time for the race. Sadly I am all too familiar with the back of the grid since Honda joined McLaren as an engine partner.

Business as usual!

Yours cordially

F. Alonso
Old 7 Oct 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3772501)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
For getting the right background to one‘s alternative facts. Remember, Mercedes also has nothing on Ferrari (except maybe the faster car, as shown by a 1—2 in quali). .
Mercedes didn't qualify 1-2, they were 1 and 6 because of Bottas' gear box penalty, with Ferrari 2 and 10.

The actual GP is at 6am tomorrow morning. I'd like to watch it but that's earlier than I get up during the working week. I will have to think about it.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3772621)   #18
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am aware of that. Nevertheless they set the two fastest times.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3772624)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
I am aware of that. Nevertheless they set the two fastest times.
That they did.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3772635)   #20
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Actually they did qualify 1-2. The grid isn’t just set by qualifying though.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3772793)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like their upgrades worked... or was it track temps? In the cooler weather, the Mercedes comes alive. In the heat, the Ferrari (and RB sometimes) seem to be a lot better.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 05:20 (Ref:3772882)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Missed the start. Lulu's leading but Vettel is out, so it looks like his bid for the championship is well and truly over.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3772883)   #23
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
have also missed the start, what happened to Vettel?

edit: spark plug failure for Vettel?
Old 8 Oct 2017, 05:44 (Ref:3772884)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
have also missed the start, what happened to Vettel?

edit: spark plug failure for Vettel?
According to BBC Radio 5 Live, Vettel started dropping back through the field on lap 2 and they thought it was due to no hybrid power, so Ferrari told him to pit on lap 5.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3772885)   #25
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well then! Hoping Red Bull can stir up some trouble. Keep it from becoming a procession...