Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2611289)   #1
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acuras in Euroland

I wonder if Strakka made a good call by going with Acura. The car is a downforce wonder but the engine never caught up with the DFI Porsche mill in the RS Spyders. Last year they were clearly down on power to the Mazdas of Dyson, but if I remember correctly, IMSA gave Mazda extra boost to try and even the fields.
So I might expect the Acuras to do well at a few tracks, but most of the long open courses in Europe would seem to be not suitable to the Acura's strengths. (Especially Le Mans) Will Wirth and Acura introduce updates as an ARX01c to sacrifice some downforce for speed or will the Acura teams just have to make do with 2009 leftovers?

dh

ps...how do our brethren across the pond pronounce Acura?
We Yanks say... ACK you rah

ddhh
Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2611293)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Gut feel is the Acura might do okay in Europe. Suspect Ricard and Spa might not be so great for it, but the rest of the tracks should be fine, and what it loses out on in terms of engine grunt it should win back through its aerodynamic advantage.

There is also the fact that it's a proven developed package so should do the race distance without falling to bits.

As far as pronunciation goes I'd slightly soften the first syllable - more Ack-you-rah if you like, but that could just be my standard level of vocal mangling coming into play.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:29 (Ref:2611294)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ack-cure-a ..... I reckon the reliability should be the key element of the package , but Im sure there are mods on the way .
Old 10 Jan 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2611296)   #4
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't it pronounced HPD for 2010's racing purposes?

Chris
Old 11 Jan 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2611307)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wont Mr Wirth be too busy playing in F1 to update the Acura
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jan 2010, 00:05 (Ref:2611308)   #6
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highcroft is going to run a -01c.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:57 (Ref:2611350)   #7
davehenrie
Racer

United States
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
Highcroft is going to run a -01c.
I've seen that about Highcroft, the specifically mention the ARX01c. But Strakka only has posted the ARX01. That would suggest they are using the Fernandez car without any updates. Perhaps Honda is hoping for some Strakka $$ or rather ££ to update the 01b to the C variant.

So that will be somewhat suspenseful, which Acura will we see in Strakka livery and, for that matter, what changes will Acura/HPD make for the C designation?

dh
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2611373)   #8
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Isn't it pronounced HPD for 2010's racing purposes?

Chris

I highly doubt they will pay to have it re-homologated! And if they do not it will remain an Acura ARX-01(c), although the livery will display HPD.

L.P.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:03 (Ref:2611374)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wont Mr Wirth be too busy playing in F1 to update the Acura

No!

L.P.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:09 (Ref:2611378)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
I've seen that about Highcroft, the specifically mention the ARX01c. But Strakka only has posted the ARX01. That would suggest they are using the Fernandez car without any updates. Perhaps Honda is hoping for some Strakka $$ or rather ££ to update the 01b to the C variant.

So that will be somewhat suspenseful, which Acura will we see in Strakka livery and, for that matter, what changes will Acura/HPD make for the C designation?

dh

Hmm, from the release on Strakka's site:
Quote:
"We are very pleased to welcome Strakka Racing to the HPD family of race teams,” said Stephen Eriksen, HPD Technical Director. “Strakka Racing have a clear direction for their evolution as a team, and we are pleased to be able to support them in their desired direction. We are excited to be competing for the first time in the Le Mans Series LMP2 class and to show that our updated ARX-01c can compete on European circuits as well as it has on American circuits. Thanks to Strakka Racing for giving us that opportunity. We look forward to working with them in the coming year."
Seems to me that clearly indicates they will run an ARX-01c!

L.P.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:42 (Ref:2611396)   #11
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Careful, it could be a trick...
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2611408)   #12
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, from the release on Strakka's site:

Seems to me that clearly indicates they will run an ARX-01c!

L.P.
I hadn't seen that new post. Thanks for the headsup!
dh