Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Nov 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2797576)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't expect Portimao (?) to get too many cars this year either (nor spectators for that matter), however there are now three ILMC events + the season opener at Ricard... which should again attract some extra entries since its the European season opener. So 4 of the 5 races should be nicely crowded.

And it's not like many of the regular LMS teams would go to Petit anyway, or vice versa.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2797591)   #77
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's clear that full-time ILMC entries aren't supposed to do any of the continental championships. ALMS teams will do the two American rounds plus the 24 Hours, Euro LMS teams will do the four European rounds, anyone will do China. It's a logical choice for LMGT manufacturers, to keep happy teams both sides of the ocean. But non-Audi-Peugeot prototype ILMC entries could be very low.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2797611)   #78
997 brakedust
Rookie

United States
997 brakedust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am excited about the schedule. Can't make Le Mans in 2011 - so am going to plan a vacation around the Imola race. I would anticipate the schedule in 2012 will improve with more time to plan and coordinate between series?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2797719)   #79
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Well I think we now have a complete calendar announced.

Feb 9-10: Winter Test ALMS
Mar 11-12: Official Test LMS
Mar 16-19: Sebring ALMS/ILMC
Apr 1-3: Castellet LMS
Apr 15-16: Long Beach ALMS
May 6-8: Spa LMS/ILMC
July 1-3: Imola LMS/ILMC
July 8-9: Lime Rock ALMS
July 22-24: Mosport ALMS
Aug 4-6: Mid-Ohio ALMS
Aug 18-20: Road America ALMS
Sep 2-3: Baltimore ALMS
Sep 9-11: Silverstone LMS/ILMC
Sep 15-17: Laguna Seca ALMS
Sep 23-25: Portugal LMS
Sep 28-Oct 1: Petit Le Mans ALMS/ILMC
Nov 12: China ILMC
Since there is no practical way to race on different continents two weeks or less apart, this schedule finally confirms that there cannot be ALMS and ILMC entries except with separate teams. Drayson, for instance, will have to run two almost entirely separate teams, each with complete equipment, one in each series, or make a decision to run one series and not the other.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2797730)   #80
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Since there is no practical way to race on different continents two weeks or less apart, this schedule finally confirms that there cannot be ALMS and ILMC entries except with separate teams. Drayson, for instance, will have to run two almost entirely separate teams, each with complete equipment, one in each series, or make a decision to run one series and not the other.
To be fair though who actually has the funds to do an entire ALMS and ILMC campaign even if it were possible?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2798064)   #81
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't understand why teams like Drayson would choose ILMC over ALMS anyway. In IMSA's series they actually have fair chances of winning (with depleted prototype grids). In ILMC they will be far behind all the factory teams no matter what they do, and need bigger budget for logistics and stuff.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2798091)   #82
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't understand why teams like Drayson would choose ILMC over ALMS anyway. In IMSA's series they actually have fair chances of winning (with depleted prototype grids). In ILMC they will be far behind all the factory teams no matter what they do, and need bigger budget for logistics and stuff.
...because that is what the team owner wants to do.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2798124)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
...because that is what the team owner wants to do.
Yeah the team seems to be essentially a vehicle for Lord Drayson to preach the virtues of clean racing. And if he can be seen to be doing that on a "world" stage then all the better for him.

I think there is more to it than winning, although you could see how much it meant to him when they won in the ALMS this year.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2798126)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't been following the off season much, so forgive my naiveness or repeating what others have already pointed out...

After taking my first glance at the calender, I concur with others here regarding the impossible logistics of running for the ALMS title and the ILMC title, but I am not sure how "bad" that would be for the either. Imola the week before Lime Rock and Silverstone the week before Laguna seem logical because both races this side of the pond are only ALMS races, but the LMS race in Portugal the weekend before PLM, an ILMC round? This pretty much eliminates full time LMS teams coming to PLM and also eliminates them from the ILMC.

As the schedule is currently set up, it looks like you can choose only one championship and/or LM. Doesn't this defeat the purpose or accomplish something I have missed?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2798131)   #85
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Can you even run E-85 in the ILMC? Just to constantly change over everything from one series to another would be too much to do. I know that changing ALMS cars from Long Beach to the ACO Test Day would have been huge challange. Let alone the logistics.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2798169)   #86
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
As the schedule is currently set up, it looks like you can choose only one championship and/or LM. Doesn't this defeat the purpose or accomplish something I have missed?
I believe that ILMC should be about LMP1 works programmes (Audi, Peugeot, Aston Martin, new entries) and LMGT manufacturers racing with parallel teams (e.g. BMW with Schnitzer in Europe and Rahal in America). So making ILMC calendars clash with races on the other side of the world shouldn't be a problem, because the only teams to cross the ocean don't do the continental championships.